It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Angus Young's dementia from head banging guitar style?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
First RIP Angus Young, he was a very very talented man.

I remember seeing these videos back in the 1980's in my youth wonder what the hell is this guy doing? Now I look at it and notice some really hard head banging especially in his early viedeos. Try it at home, it is violent. Could this lead to his dementia?

Very hard head banging in this video.

This is a damage done by head trauma. I have always wondered if Angus's neck and head hurt like hell after a show, and I now wonder if the violent, and it is very violent, head banging had anything to do with his unfortunate condition.

Traumatic brain injury. This condition is caused by repetitive head trauma, such as experienced by boxers, football players or soldiers.
www.mayoclinic.org...

In 1991 he seems to have calmed down a bit.
www.youtube.com...

I think this video is from 2012/2013 and he had definitely slowed down, but he is alot older too. But there is a marked difference in his head banging.

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Wrong Young

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla
Wrong Young

Well spotted but the premise has some merit.

I am a bit worried now I have read this.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
MALCOLM YOUNG passed away ......not little head banging Angus.

Tho Im sure his marbles have been rolling around his head for quite a few years now.

No different to most other rockers......Ozzy being the most obvious.

Thread Closed thx mods.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

How many head bangers get dementia due to it? They've been around for a few decades.

If you are doing rock and roll properly the chance of dementia should be fairly low.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla
a reply to: nonspecific

How many head bangers get dementia due to it? They've been around for a few decades.

If you are doing rock and roll properly the chance of dementia should be fairly low.

If you are doing rock and roll properly then all the headbanging, drinking, drugs and loud music would make the chances of getting old enough for dementia to kick in pretty slim if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

Shows what I know.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Well, I guess you seen one Young person....you've seen them all...

Their Older brother George died a few weeks ago.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

Damn Young kids get off my lawn.

Well, I guess you seen one Young person....you've seen them all...

Their Older brother George died a few weeks ago.

My oops.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
At least do the guy some justice by getting his name right. Malcolm Young.

Just for the record, he was helluva talented and probably one of the best rythym guitarist songwriters of his generation. A absolute monster player.

RIP MALCOLM YOUNG..

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: soloprotocol2

1 million apologies. My Young mix up.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
You Young'ins, you're all the same!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Man, we should all be fitted with those head collar neck brace things so we can't take any chances with jostling our brains ...

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
probably drug related dementia. It was probably drugs that made him bang his head back and forth, or just he felt like he had to to get famous. Jerking your head back and forth like that continually will cause brain damage, which would be a TBI event. A few times doing that will not usually hurt. Just not all the time.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

All is not lost!

Anyone else curious how dementia kills now in just 2 years? This has been coming up more and more with David Cassidy as well. Altho it's my understanding there are different types of Dementia, I also understood it to be a condition that takes much longer to kill you, an even then it's complications of, not the actual dementia?

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
My gran died from dementia. I am 100% sure she never head banged or did industrial quantities of drugs.
A glass of sherry at Xmas was all I seen her drink

RIP Malc You were an amazing player who made some awesome parties swing.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

There are many causes for dementia. There is a huge concern in the NFL right now with head injuries leading to dementia and other brain and neurological damage.
You are right, what causes dementia is not the same in everyone.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

One of my problems with the NFL thing though is that some of the players that have died with dementia were of an age where people can start getting dementia anyhow - in their 60s and stuff. Did their NFL days have something to do with it? Maybe, but how many people their age are getting dementia just on their own though?
edit on 19-11-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
probably drug related dementia. It was probably drugs that made him bang his head back and forth, or just he felt like he had to to get famous. Jerking your head back and forth like that continually will cause brain damage, which would be a TBI event. A few times doing that will not usually hurt. Just not all the time.

Jerking my head back-and-forth facepalming your responses will continually cause me brain damage, which would be an involuntary movement. Reading your comments, here and there, might not hurt any at all, but to continue reading them, I'm gonna end up with TBI. Oy Vey.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Right there with you.

There is a reason Alzheimer's Disease is called diabetes III by some, could dementia be sugar related?

Alzheimer's Disease Is Type 3 Diabetes–Evidence Reviewed
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join