It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for the african-american ats members.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:
(post by murphy22 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe
So based on your story it was hard for you to get a voter ID illegally... since temporary residents don't have voting rights there. If you maintained an out of state license you were supposed to be voting in the state of residency.

So the moral of the story is that getting an ID to vote illegally is in fact harder than doing so legally. Excellent information.

that is not true. my state of residency was virginia. i was probably at fault for not updating my license in a timely manner, but i was not a temporary resident. you might want to familiarize yourself with the laws in the matter.

that is the last correction i'm going to make to this hot mess of a thread, since everyone is so threatened by my story disrupting their narrative about how voter ID laws work perfectly to prevent massive voter fraud (and other fairy tales).

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I've had two incidents in my life where id's issues were indeed very racist. I'm not black but I'm a minority woman.

DMV- Florida, We were new to the state.
I was required to get a special higher security drivers license, I foget what it was called. I asked them if it was absolutely required and was told yes, had to provide loads of documents. My husband goes the next day in and gets a regular drivers license, looks nothing like mine and cost less.

Voting - Wisconsin. Moved from one town to the next. Was registering for voting. Right on top of the sheet, it said if you have a Valid Drivers license you DO NOT need a Social Security card. I provided my valid DL and was asked for my Social Security card. I pointed to the sheet and read it back to them loudly and asked them if they understood what was was written and what it meant. They were all flustered and proceeded with my registration.

Now these are just two small examples. I provided a perfectly legitimate ID and was still questioned for more.
I'm all for having an ID for voting, but I am also for having poll workers not be racist, how do we test for that?????

Thank you. Your the first non white person to comment in my thread. You are the only person so far that I care to hear from about this, because you are personally effected.

Is your husband white? Did you ever go into the dmv and try to get one the same way he did?
The 2ed time in wisconsin, did you take time to notice if white people were being asked for their ss number once they showed their dl? That one could have been a case of the dmv workers just not knowing themselves whats required.

Again ty for the comment. Can you believe that some people here think my thread is racists? As if asking the people directly effected by an issue can be wrong. I guess I should only ask white people about the problems that minorities face...

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Perhaps the people with no photo ID take More from society than they give to society.

They would most likely vote for the candidate that promised them more free stuff.

It's legal for them to do that. Thankfully our right to vote is not determined by how much we can offer to our society.

Are suggesting that the poor should not be able to vote because they don't have enough money to pay taxes with?
Are you suggesting that only those that hold a job should be allowed to vote?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

You're welcome and yes my husband is white. I find that most times racism is subtle, which is why some people don't believe it exsits. He sees it more than I do most times. I didn't hear the polling lady ask anyone else for their SS#, but it could have been because I read the directions to her. The directions were also listed on a large board, so I don't see how that was overlooked even with me.

The thing that really bothers me the most is that people assume because I look different that I am not American. My great great grandmother was Iroquois, my ggg grandfather was an original settler in Maryland. We still have our family name on a park there and are listed as one of Americas first families. My dad served in the Army for 40 years, 30 active, 10 as a civilian. My grandpa fought in WWII, the Korean war, and was medivaced out of Vietnam. Yet people take one look, and assume I don't belong here. Isn't that ironic!

A white person can't know what a minority faces, just as a minority can't know what it's like to be white and the problems they face. We can all guess and assume but it is mostly inaccurate. How do I know, because I am both.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Ironic indeed.
I'm a super pale white redhead. And no one would even think twice about me not being a deep rooted american but...
My grandmother was full blood native and part of the group of native and black run away slaves we call the creek nation. Meaning my dad was half creek Indian and had brown skin.My mother is full blood dutch, her mother and father didn't come to america till the 1970s. My moms mom still speaks with a thick accent that most of the time I don't even know what she is saying. But still the only discrimination I get is from being poor.

A white person can't know what a minority faces, just as a minority can't know what it's like to be white and the problems they face. We can all guess and assume but it is mostly inaccurate.

I'm glad at least one person understood the reason for my thread.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

"I'm a super pale white redhead" That almost sounds like a soulless ginger....

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

"I'm a super pale white redhead" That almost sounds like a soulless ginger....

it's true. I have no soul.

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

(I have nothing against ginger people) Isn't it messed up that I can discriminate against Gingers and it's totally ok?

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

(I have nothing against ginger people) Isn't it messed up that I can discriminate against Gingers and it's totally ok?

If this was the 1900s it wouldn't be. The irish fought like crazy to earn a place in this society but they were treated just as badly as minorities at one point in time.
If white irish people were still a minority then what you said would not have been cool.
edit on 21-11-2017 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
November 26, 2017

I was told by an African American acquaintance over Thanksgiving weekend, that President Trump was the catalyst for the Charlottesville KKK / White Supremacists protest.

A quick Google of news just before that protest, reveals that the one where the lady was run over by a car, was the 3rd protest of the year. And, that the reasons for the protests were to show unhappiness that the city was removing some of the Confederate statues.

Why 3 protests in Charlottesvilee this year? www.cnn.com...

I am so sick of my African American brothers and sisters seeking scapegoats for their own weaknesses and shortcomings! I want to start a thread about all the whining I'm hearing from them, but don't know how to word it in a way that's acceptable to Above Top Secret guidelines.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I am so sick of my African American brothers and sisters seeking scapegoats for their own weaknesses and shortcomings! I want to start a thread about all the whining I'm hearing from them,

you can, just be prepared to defend your position.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
a reply to: carewemust

I am so sick of my African American brothers and sisters seeking scapegoats for their own weaknesses and shortcomings! I want to start a thread about all the whining I'm hearing from them,

you can, just be prepared to defend your position.

I don't carry a recorder around with me. No way to prove what I'm being told by the scores of whiners who feel defeated and ass-whipped, even after 8 years of savior Obama.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join