It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tax Plan will be Devestating to Seniors and Poor People

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
a reply to: Abysha

I never see a middle class white man or wealthy conservatives serving sandwiches to the homeless.

How does one "see" the middle class or wealthy conservatives for that matter? Are you profiling?

No, I introduce myself and get to know people I'm working with.

But by all means, respond to the dog whistle and make assumptions.
edit on 19-11-2017 by Abysha because: Purple, lol

(post by worldstarcountry removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: Look2theSacredHeart
a reply to: CB328

I expect abortion rates would go up for the younger poor, and mortality rates will go up for the older poor, bringing down the average life expectancy in the U. S.

Solutions:
I would prefer my taxes go to Medicare, Medicaid, etc rather than weapons and war. Government for the people.

Since that's not likely, I think charity will have to step up and fill the void. My friend the social worker, who's adopted six kids from horrible situations? On only 30 k a year? Maybe some groceries should mysteriously show up on her porch so she can afford doctor's visits. Maybe hospitals will start waiving the bills of poor seniors because of a fund started by a local businessman.

These solutions are imaginary at this point. But they don't have to be.

You know that won't happen. Never has. The only other volunteers I see working beside me when I'm chopping onions are poor people. I never see a middle class white man or wealthy conservatives serving sandwiches to the homeless. Unless there's a photo op.

Tons of super wealthy liberals though right?

In my area conservative church groups do almost all of the soup kitchens and charity services.

I'm my travels a large percentage of local charities are conservative and Christian.

It's like you are itching to be offended by something. I didn't say liberals. I specifically mentioned conservatives because trusting in charity vs safety nets is a conservative talking point.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Trump's Tax Plan will be Devestating to Seniors and Poor People by cutting almost a trillion and a half dollars out of medicare and medicaid which help poor and old people with medical care.

www.cnn.com...

1. This is Fake News

2. Cutting spending in Medicare probably means getting rid of wasteful spending on government employees that do F--- all at their job.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
*over the next decade

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
CNN is hardly reliable with their throwing the Democrats under the bus when they plotted against Bernie. Yesterday me and my scout group went door to door collecting food for the hungry during the holiday season. Unfortunately, out of the 16 adults that volunteered all but 1 are white. Today at church our group handed out turkeys to those in need and guess what most were white that volunteered. You accuse white conservative men of not participating in charity work well your a racist bigot.

As far as Medicaid and Medicare the system has been long broken and the benefits are better for those people on it than those that have to pay for their insurance. Both systems are so bogged down in fraud and abuse that they drive cost higher for health care. In fact, the people that need help in specialized medicine and accommodations for disabilities are often unable to get help due to the freeloaders that game the system and exhaust its capabilities.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Not fake news, if you would take the time to read the tax plan, you would see that both corporations and the middle class get taxe cuts, the big difference is the cuts on the middle class will only be for a few years, in the end this tax plan will raise the debt and force the middle class to pay in the end.

But dont let that stop you from looking like an idiot, just like trumps.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

duke loop holes are being closed so those corporations that have paid less than 10 percent for years will have to pay up. While its a tax decrease the net games from growth and closed loopholes will be a huge net gain. The cnn and democrats dont account for net growth and special perks that are being closed. Many democrats want to ignore that fact as they have been lining their pockets from special interest.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Well, you were saying I wanted to take away their livelihood and put them on the streets. I might as well give them health care while I'm at it.

Yes, you can have UBI. I'll share my pretend money with as many people as need it.

All I actually have is a vote, so I'm putting that to the best use I can.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Why did your friend adopt so many kids if they can't afford them?

Because she's a compassionate and noble person. These were kids she rescued (social worker) from parents wrecked by their own drug use and violence. Several have disabilities, and she knew they needed more stability than the foster care system provides.

If you think that's leaching off the system, I'm sure that wouldn't bother her. She thinks people who buy new cars and trophy houses are sucking the system dry, ignoring those in need in favor of material status symbols.

And if the state she lives in is like every other state, she gets significant dollars for each one of the adopties, with even more dollars for those with disabilities. I suspect there is a LOT more than $30K a year flowing through that household...

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

That's weird... You stated that you "never see," which didn't include "introduce yourself" and "get to know people."

What I quoted and reacted to:

The only other volunteers I see working beside me when I'm chopping onions are poor people. I never see a middle class white man or wealthy conservatives serving sandwiches to the homeless.

You can't defend your original statement, so you shifted gears in a new post and then claim that I've responded to some whistle. You should think before you speak instead of forcing others to do it for you, after the fact.

If you need help again, just blow.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

If CNN says it, first consideration is that FAKE news is imbedded in the story, or ACCURATE facts are omitted from the story.

Case in Point: Medicare/Medicaid do not have a $1.5 TRILLION budget.

The story doesn't say that. It says (quoting directly from the article) the GOP budget cuts over $1 trillion from Medicaid over the next decade. So it's over the course of 10 years and they're starting with cuts and increasing them each year.

I read the CRFB report on the budget - a group composed of many budget experts (including Ronald Reagan's budget expert and Leon Panetta and other names I recognize.) Their analysis (not mentioned in the CNN report) says pretty much the same thing and goes further with detail, saying that the it will add 2.2 trillion to the debt, increasing the debt to the size of our economy.

They don't like it... and they do have a good financial background.

You might find their articles interesting.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

Because she's a compassionate and noble person. These were kids she rescued (social worker) from parents wrecked by their own drug use and violence. Several have disabilities, and she knew they needed more stability than the foster care system provides.

If you think that's leaching off the system, I'm sure that wouldn't bother her. She thinks people who buy new cars and trophy houses are sucking the system dry, ignoring those in need in favor of material status symbols.

And if the state she lives in is like every other state, she gets significant dollars for each one of the adopties, with even more dollars for those with disabilities. I suspect there is a LOT more than $30K a year flowing through that household...

You just uncovered the scam of the century. "Social Worker Adopts Disabled Kids for Paltry State Assistance."

We're in pretty much the reddest and poorest state besides Mississippi, so I'm sure she's making mega bucks. And she's spending it all on children. The nerve!

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

That's weird... You stated that you "never see," which didn't include "introduce yourself" and "get to know people."

What I quoted and reacted to:

The only other volunteers I see working beside me when I'm chopping onions are poor people. I never see a middle class white man or wealthy conservatives serving sandwiches to the homeless.

You can't defend your original statement, so you shifted gears in a new post and then claim that I've responded to some whistle. You should think before you speak instead of forcing others to do it for you, after the fact.

If you need help again, just blow.

Well it's an obvious linguistic deduction if you aren't coming from a triggered perspective.

You are seriously whining about how you jumped to a conclusion, ignoring commonly-used syntax.

Do you care so much you have to explain why you didn't get it?

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Contrary to some of the folks on this thread, I did and do support POTUS 45. While they continue to try and get over a year old election that they lost, BY LAW, through safe spaces, resistance, shutting down free speech, etc., I choose to believe in America.

There are some good points in this thread...jobs not coming back, people need to be willing to learn new skills and be willing to relocate to where there are jobs, some who are welfare dependent don’t need to be, there is a homeless problem in the US, etc.

Unlike the allegations in this thread, I HAVE read the tax plan in its’ current form (which isn’t final if you know anything about Congress). It is a flawed plan. However, the right plan isn’t the working class inherits all of the poor as instant dependents through taxation. I see a lot of bitching about the plan yet no proposed solutions...not so easy, is it?

There is no doubt in my mind that if POTUS 45 invented a cancer cure today, those on the left would ommefiately defer to “it’s a Russian plot.” (Cue the POTUS 45 insult crowd). BTW anti-POTUS crowd, Congress drafts legislation, POTUS signs it, not the other way around...Schoolhouse Rock FTW!

In the end, I think I would take a flawed plan over never ending high taxation of my earnings to support those unwilling to support themselves (and I don’t mind taxes for those TRULY in need - maybe the left should work on some of the Medicae/Medicaid fraud?)

Oh...and the plan very much affects me negatively, both because I am in the less than $75k a year crowd and I turn 60 next year.

edit on 19-11-2017 by Lab4Us because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us

You just uncovered the scam of the century. "Social Worker Adopts Disabled Kids for Paltry State Assistance."

We're in pretty much the reddest and poorest state besides Mississippi, so I'm sure she's making mega bucks. And she's spending it all on children. The nerve!

Right?! Yet they praise mega churches when the pastor flies down in a private jet to hand out relief packages.

If what your amazing friend is doing was so damned lucrative, why don't we see venture capitalists lining up at the adoption agencies?

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Look2theSacredHeart

How is pregnancy ever a surprise?

Are you saying the people in your area are so poorly educated that they truly have no idea how pregnancy occurs?

It's not like you suddenly wake up pregnant out of the blue. There is no random spontaneous conception.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

This I sort of agree with, but did you honestly think that anything coming out of Congress would be good?

They have no balls to really make positive change and at this point, positive change means cutting what government spends.

If they can't do that, then they have to shift around the tax burden somehow without really changing it.

I do think everyone needs to pay something in to the pot though. I am tired of a good chunk of the country voting themselves ever deeper into my family's pocket. What is the point of success if it means the government is ultimately the only one who benefits from it?

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saiker
As far as Medicaid and Medicare the system has been long broken and the benefits are better for those people on it than those that have to pay for their insurance.

I take it that you're not on Medicare or Medicaid? I am, after years of having insurance through my work. My husband is NOT on Medicare but on another plan (thanks to Obamacare) - in any case, Medicare is not "better." Anyone on Medicare who can afford it buys supplemental plans because there's so darn much that Medicare doesn't cover (like $4,400 in costs of in-network providers and a whopping lot of standard things that elderly and disabled use (like emergency room visits) (check it out for yourself. Find out how much it doesn't cover for you)

And all the logic I hear tossed about concerning people who don't work (that would be us because we're retired) and what a drag we are on the system (after 40 years of paying into the system, mind you) and how Medicare should be eliminated and so forth seems to be waved by people who are familiar with buzz words and memes but don't actually have family members who are severely disabled or who are depending on Medicare after a lifetime of working and paying into the system.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

If CNN says it, first consideration is that FAKE news is imbedded in the story, or ACCURATE facts are omitted from the story.

Case in Point: Medicare/Medicaid do not have a $1.5 TRILLION budget.

I stopped reading your post, the moment I saw that lie. Plus, sending click-dollars to CNN by reading their online stories is against my religion.

Have a nice day.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Some leftist apologist basing a OP on a CNN report is just as misleading as an Alt-Right apologist quoting Breitbart or Alex Jones. Loaded with cherry picked, sometimes utterly misleading facts, opinion presented as facts and of course twisted analysis and logic.

What nonsense.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join