It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Royal Malaysian Air Force C-130 makes belly landing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

That's the thing, it comes down to numbers. Risk one or two lives foaming the aircraft, and possibly preventing fire, or risk several hundred to make sure you save one or two. There is so much in the cabin that is toxic when ignited, from the seats, to the plastic walls and windows. And the cabin can flash over fast. I've heard 90 seconds from first fire in a cabin, to flashover.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

That's the thing, it comes down to numbers. Risk one or two lives foaming the aircraft, and possibly preventing fire, or risk several hundred to make sure you save one or two. There is so much in the cabin that is toxic when ignited, from the seats, to the plastic walls and windows. And the cabin can flash over fast. I've heard 90 seconds from first fire in a cabin, to flashover.

The needs of the many outweigh the need of the few. Yeah, the plane fire and hospital fire were the two worst case scenarios we trained on.

Mass casualty triage which I still have to train for are especially brutal. The role we train for is 'Triage Officer" and so we will pick through the wreckage and make life or death decisions on the people we find, I'm 100% sure I could do it in the moment, but not sure i could survive the mental aftermath

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

3). If im in that situation and some dumbass is getting his crap out of the overhead bin, I am flat out going throw your ass to the ground and possible trample you getting out. Im not waiting and putting my family or myself at risk for your stupid IpadĀ 

I think you can just grab the idiot and throw them forward. You don't want people behind you tripping over the body.

I'm not blaming fire/rescue. Hindsight is 20/20 yada yada. The only fire I fought was my car fire.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join