It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officer killed in Pennsylvania, gunman at large

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Authorities in Pennsylvania say a police officer was shot and killed while making a traffic stop and a search is underway for the gunman.
The fatal shooting happened shortly after 8 p.m. Friday in New Kensington, about 18 miles (29 kilometers) northeast of Pittsburgh. The officer has not been identified.

Police officers from neighboring towns, some carrying rifles, are scouring the area for the suspect. Police dogs also are being used in the search.

Police recovered a brown, older model Jeep Grand Cherokee wanted in connection with the shooting at about 11 p.m.

www.msn.com...

abcnews.go.com...

Sadly attacks on LEOs are becoming more common and more violent. So sad to see anyone's life taken so needlessly.

From reading another source it appears he was killed during a traffic stop. It also looks like they found his abandoned his vehicle. So unless he caught a ride or he has local resources, he is likely now on foot. More details are sure to come

Prayers for the family of the officer and very sorry to see another LODD. RIP

edit on 11/18/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

R
I hope it ends without further violence.

My thoughts are with those affected.

Sadly, law ennforcement is a dangerous job.

Unfortunately,as long as it is in vogue to consider all police racist, these attacks w/I'll become more prevalent.

Not saying that's what happe,dc hete, but it's the truth

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I weep emphatically......booohooo. that's me weeping. I almost was to lazy to write all those O's . See i care. Six O's and all. Takes effort for those leo's. Another O. That's how much I care. 9 O'S. INSERT SARCASM HERE.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Christ...😑
Another local.

Just a kid.

Here's KDKA local.
pittsburgh.cbslocal.com...

The damn flag seems to have never been at full mast, Another week of half mast.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Beatnixx117

Love reading your entire posting history.
Did this make you feel better?

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Christ...😑
Another local.

Just a kid.

Here's KDKA local.

My god, so young and dies so unexpectedly. Traffic stops today are more like Russian roulette, never knowing when you are walking up on a drawn weapon. Praying for his family, and for a life lost so young and needlessly

RIP officer

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Beatnixx117

Have some respect. A young man lost his life for doing his job. Regardless of your feelings about law enforcement, this specific officer didn't deserve to die over a traffic stop.

I understand the problems some people have with LE. Whether you're justified in those beliefs or not, you gain nothing by mocking the needless death of a young man. He went to work this evening with every intention of going home to the life he cared about. The fact he lost that life is a tragedy.

edit on 11/18/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   

That area is a bit of an opiod pick your poison drug crimes..
Stupid nonsense.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Christ...😑
Another local.

Just a kid.

Here's KDKA local.

My god, so young and dies so unexpectedly. Traffic stops today are more like Russian roulette, never knowing when you are walking up on a drawn weapon. Praying for his family, and for a life lost so young and needlessly

RIP officer

Apparently this is the price of freedom.

If guns were not so readily available for everyone, do you think this tragedy may not have occurred?

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Same here

I am sure we will find out more soon, but my heart definitely goes out to his family. I wonder if he was married or had any kids? Looks like a respectable young man, I am sure his community will feel the loss of him

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

We do not know the details yet. A lot of LODD shootings involve the officer's duty weapon.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Because banning and heavily regulating drugs has worked out so well, it must work for guns too right?.........oh.. wait.

Are we really going to turn this into a gun thread?

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I wonder what the reason was for the traffic stop.

I bet it's something so minute and stupid, like registration or tail light out... but the municipalities gotta get thier revenue from the public for victimless "crimes" and infractions! That's their bread and butter!

Doesn't excuse taking this officer's life, but it sure increases the odds of this happening.

Gotta make contact....

Gotta enforce the law....

Gotta put yourself in harm's way to collect that revenue...

Idiotic waste of time and life, creating more idiotic wastes of time and life, going to court or paying fines....FOR WHAT!!!???

But...

Gotta get that revenue.... for victimless "crimes" and infractions...

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Christ...😑
Another local.

Just a kid.

Here's KDKA local.

RIP officer

If guns were not so readily available for everyone, do you think this tragedy may not have occurred?

How do you defend yourself from a police officer, if need be, if you have no way to match his/her service weapons?

Yes, and I know you probably don't want to hear this, but that's part of the 2A as well.

link   
a reply to: DAVID64

It is a gun thread, was the officer shot withal gun David?

link   

Reminds me of the Baton Rouge Shooter. I wonder, does this perp have military training?

edit on 11/18/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Christ...😑
Another local.

Just a kid.

Here's KDKA local.

RIP officer

How do you defend yourself from a police officer, if need be, if you have no way to match his/her service weapons?

Yes, and I know you probably don't want to hear this, but that's part of the 2A as well.

OK then , so guns are to protect you from tyrannical police officers now?

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Traffic stops are certainly used to ferret out criminal activity, which IMO could be better served by working on issues relevant to the community you serve. Sometimes in the course of doing so, you have to make contact with different individuals and traffic stops are a good way to do that.

But I do agree. They are getting dangerous to the point where departments may have to seriously reconsider their policies regarding stops. Departments have no duty to provide specific services including traffic stops or traffic enforcement. Speed cameras, UAVs or the like could be used to regulate motor vehicles on highways as well. I wouldn't be surprised if this route is explored soon (if it hasn't already been).

Bottom line is you're correct, officers shouldn't be risking their lives over minor infractions and revenue generating activities.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Christ...😑
Another local.

Just a kid.

Here's KDKA local.

RIP officer

OK then , so guns are to protect you from tyrannical police officers now?

What do you mean, "now"? It's always had that component. You have the right to defend yourself regardless of who it might be.

Better be a warranted action or that's your a$$ though.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   
It is too bad the officer was unarmed, because you know the only way to stop the senseless killings is for all citizens to be armed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join