It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Human Head Transplant , Sucessful.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Where are we heading as a species when he can swap heads like Lego figures?

This is Frankenstein stuff right here, what are the moral and ethical ramifications of such madness?

Makes my skin crawl...especially the cadaver part, a live head attached to a dead body...or does that body suddenly have sentience due to the addition of a functioning brain?

So many questions.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: KJUK78

"What are the moral and ethical ramifications of such madness?"

There are none, if it works, monies and demand will dispense with such trivial matters as ethics and morality.

The body could have as much sentience as you like but unless all those bundles of nerves are attached perfectly your not going to be doing a jig anytime soon.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

He also noted that China had previously successfully carried out a head transplant on a monkey but

I had to reread to make sure I wasn't imagining things lol

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=22877935]andy06shake[/p

I suspect in the future, you will be able to buy heads and change them up like you change your clothes

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: KJUK78

I suspect in the future, you will be able to buy heads and change them up like you change your clothes

How's that working out then? We brain swapping too?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

You mean bodies of course.

i think you need to keep your head, after all thats where the grey matter is located.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

Well with the advances in A.I i suspect in the future A.I and human could be combined, built in "brains" so to speak...It's not out of the realm of possibility.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The possibilities are endless.

Imagine, the head of Stephen Hawking on the body of Usain Bolt?

All that intellectual brain power in arguably the world's most athletic human body.

edit on 17-11-2017 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Assuming you possess any lol....

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Well you would need to be a few tins short of a six pack to even consider such a procedure in its present condition, that's a given.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

Well with the advances in A.I i suspect in the future A.I and human could be combined, built in "brains" so to speak...It's not out of the realm of possibility.

Like the Asguard on SG?
Just transfer the conscious to a new body

No need for AI

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

No need for a body then through as you would be able to exist in any kind of virtual reality you cared to choose or even swap out bodies like we do clothing, depending on the requirement or for aesthetics.

Once we broach the singularity cybernetics and AI probably will allow Man/Woman and machine to become symbiotic in ways we have yet to fully realize.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma
The possibilities are endless.

Imagine, the head of Stephen Hawking on the body of Usain Bolt?

All that intellectual brain power in arguably the world's most athletic human body.

Ethan "Bubblegum" Tate

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Lol I wasn't aiming that at you personally, but addressing people in general.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The last thing we need, is these douchebags in office and political seats, trying to stay in their positions for 200 years, or more.

We need longer lives, like Trump needs more money.

Humanity is braindead if we're focusing on that, I mean, it's like watching Idiocracy and Elysium play out in reality.

Please explain the reasoning for why you'd want to even have this as a procedure? I mean, it's kinda ass-o-nine.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=22877984]EA006[/p

Indeed.

Which would open up a whole host of new questions, well maybe not new, regarding Quantum mechanics

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

No need for a body then through as you would be able to exist in any kind of virtual reality you cared to choose or even swap out bodies like we do clothing, depending on the requirement or for aesthetics.

Once we broach the singularity cybernetics and AI probably will allow Man/Woman and machine to become symbiotic in ways we have yet to fully realize.

Agreed

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

LoL It's sound i did not think that you were.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

First Human Head Transplant Successful...

Yeah , and reportedly it's just a coincidence that news of Lord Rothschild Feared Dead breaks the very same day.... apparently he's procuring a new body forthwith...

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

originally posted by: carewemust
So they'll murder the first live human, 20 hours after his/her successful noggin transplant like they did the poor monkey?

No , They euthanized the monkey because it was paralyzed. they didn't fully connect the spine and nerves. The next step is to test it on a brain dead doner. so, in essence, the person is already dead. This will allow them to learn more.

Its not murder.

What can they learn from connecting a dead head to a corpse?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join