It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump administration lifts ban on importing lion hunt trophies

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Much ado about nothing...

If some schmuck wants to go spend 10's of thousands of dollars to go to Africa and get a trophy and does so in a legal way, who the fark are we to try and inhibit that money from being spent there.

Its not like he said you can start importing any rhino horn, or illegally obtained elephant ivory, sheesh I swear he could cure death and people would complain.

ETA: in many of these countries alot of the money from these trophy hunts goes to help with conservation efforts... why do liberals hate saving animals.

(Yes save them, as their population grows these predators become a larger problem, by using active controls they can save the majority by sacrificing a few)

ETA: if someone spends all that money over there why not let them bring something back.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I am not a trump hater per se

But this is not cool don

This is not cool

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: doobydoll

At the risk of sending this thread off on a tangent...

You seem to be equating hunting, with killing. I've hunted many, many times with nothing more dangerous than my camera, or a pair of binoculars. There is a certain amount of thrill to hunting, without any intent to kill.

Killing is easy. Man, as a whole, is a killer. Hunting requires skill, when you watch the cute little lion cubs on a nature documentary and they're springing and wrestling--yeah, they're playing, but they're also learning to stalk, to hunt. Lions find it easy to kill, too. All predator species do. Hunting, on the other hand, is an acquired skill.

Yes i hear ya.

Wild animals don't hunt or kill for 'entertainment', or for enjoyment. They hunt and kill for food, for survival. They don't have any choice. It's the way of wildlife. Nature.

As I've already stated, I don't understand the 'killing for enjoyment/entertainment' bit. I can understand how one would enjoy challenging their hunting and tracking skills, but this isn't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the people who pay money to stay in a hotel and drive out to where big game animals are likely to be, track down a family group of grazing elephants, shoot a few dead, then drive back to the hotel for a celebration dinner and drinky-poos.

For some, it isn't about honing hunting skills, it's about satiating their sick urge to kill another creature for no reason. And authorities take money from them to let them do it.

If wild animal populations need culling, stop letting the wrong people do it. I understand that conservation programs cost money and need to be funded from somewhere, but allowing the wrong people to do it means it's all being done by people with bad energy, bad intentions.

'Why' we do things, our 'intent', is more important than 'how' we do things. The 'intent' behind everything we do and the choices we make creates a likewise energy that affects the energy of everything around us. It's very real and very powerful. We must make sure that everything we do is borne from good intentions, be conscious of the intent behind our decisions at all times. Spread the good energy, neutralise the bad.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=22883466]doobydoll
Yes i hear ya.

Wild animals don't hunt or kill for 'entertainment', or for enjoyment. They hunt and kill for food, for survival. They don't have any choice. It's the way of wildlife. Nature.

As I've already stated, I don't understand the 'killing for enjoyment/entertainment' bit. I can understand how one would enjoy challenging their hunting and tracking skills, but this isn't what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the people who pay money to stay in a hotel and drive out to where big game animals are likely to be, track down a family group of grazing elephants, shoot a few dead, then drive back to the hotel for a celebration dinner and drinky-poos.

Exactly. It is wrong.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

It's quite simple. Trophy hunting pays for a ton of conservation. You sell rare tags to the highest bidder and let them kill off an animal that was going to die anyway. All the cash from the proceeds go to conservation efforts which boosts the population of the animal. This is how elephants went from a population of 4k in 1900 to 82k now in zimbabwe.

It also limits poaching in the same way that legalizing drugs kills off cartels.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Sure they do. The most ruthless killer on the planet is the house cat. Has literally zero reason to kill, yet it does. Not only does it kill, it does so in the most humiliating way it can. It toys with the victim for a while, then gets bored and slices it open to bleed out. Once in a while they'll just snap the neck instead.

Honey badgers do the same thing. Just ruthlessly kill everything they can. So do lions. So do hyena's. I suggest you stop watching the lion king for your education on how wild animals behave.

ETA: Orca's and dolphins are notorious for sport killing. Same with wolves. In fact, there was a pack of wolves about 10 years ago that killed 34 caribou in a day. Ate a few, then scattered the rest around a few mile area and left.

ETA2: RE: house cats
If house cats were killing people instead of little rodents and the like, it would only take them a few years to kill every person on earth. They'd wipe out the lion population in about an hour.
edit on 20-11-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Wild animals don't hunt or kill for 'entertainment', or for enjoyment.

Zooplankton, damsel fly, mites, martens, weasels, honey badgers, wolves, orcas, red fox, leopard, lions, spotted hyenas, spiders, brown and black and polar bears, coyotes, Lynx, mink, raccoons, dogs, and house cats.

Your welcome.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

dolphins too.
scribol.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

I forgot about the rapists.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

It seems the smarter you are, the more horrible things you do. #dolphinrape

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The people that live there don't see those animals as friendly critters. If you don't give them a monetary reason to keep them around the locals will exterminate them so they can live a safer life.

It is a fact of life.

With legal hunts, they have a reason to make habitats so the species can continue. The people who want to end those legal hunts are pushing for the extinction of those species.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Blaine91555

The problems I've had with moose have almost always been someone else's stupidity. Nothing quite as wonderfully as pissing off a moose then cutting the country so the next poor sap that runs into him or her has a half ton of chuffing rage to deal with.

That time in the row boat I mentioned was probably the only time I've been truly frightened I might loose my life. I and a friend were in a row boat fishing and had hit some shallows where we had to get out and push the boat at times. A large bull came out of nowhere, charged to within six feet of us, walked away and charged again two more times, once to within a couple of feet. You never saw two men jump out and push a boat over gravel faster. To make it worse the night before the campground we were in got tore up by a Grizzly that had to be tranquilized and they flew it out under a helicopter to relocate it. Damn thing tore up a half dozen campers and trailers.

I give both a wide berth and respect.
edit on 11/20/2017 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
While I find it sad the ban was lifted, the motivating force behind Trump's actions is much more alarming. Does Trump "have a plan" for America? Why yes.. he does. His plan is to take anything Obama put into place.. and reverse it. That's it - the majority of his master plan. Instead of focusing on real issues, he is on a mission to simply reverse anything Obama did.

If he actually had a plan for America that sometimes included removing actions taken by Obama (or other Presidents), I'd be fine with that. But this is just another in a long line of actions to undo the Obama administration. Incredibly pathetic and ineffective. But his worshipers think anything Trump does, tweets, says, enacts.. is great. Not a single negative comment about the guy. Amazing - they think he is Jesus.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Sure they do. The most ruthless killer on the planet is the house cat. Has literally zero reason to kill, yet it does. Not only does it kill, it does so in the most humiliating way it can. It toys with the victim for a while, then gets bored and slices it open to bleed out. Once in a while they'll just snap the neck instead.

Honey badgers do the same thing. Just ruthlessly kill everything they can. So do lions. So do hyena's. I suggest you stop watching the lion king for your education on how wild animals behave.

ETA: Orca's and dolphins are notorious for sport killing. Same with wolves. In fact, there was a pack of wolves about 10 years ago that killed 34 caribou in a day. Ate a few, then scattered the rest around a few mile area and left.

ETA2: RE: house cats
If house cats were killing people instead of little rodents and the like, it would only take them a few years to kill every person on earth. They'd wipe out the lion population in about an hour.

House cats aren't wild animals lol.

But you got me on the others haha.

I guess what I meant was animals don't kill or harm out of 'spite' or 'hate', and/or because there's money and riches to be made out of it.

I suggest you stop watching the lion king for your education on how wild animals behave.

How rude.

At least I know that house cats aren't wild animals lol. But thank you for your suggestion.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join