It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

26 y/o woman burns ferret alive for revenge, police say

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I placed this in rant because it isn't really a conspiracy nor does it fit anywhere else neatly. It is mostly a result of my disgust in seeing the acts of evil people are capable of over literally nothing. There was zero cause for this torture/killing of a defenseless creature (there is never an excuse for torturing something). This is more of a rant against the inhumanity of so many.

According to police in New Hampshire, a 26 y/o woman is accused of burning her roommate's ferret to death in an oven over a dispute over stolen clothes.

Ivana Clifford, 26, of Manchester, allegedly sought revenge on Cara Murray after she accused her roommate of stealing her clothes. Manchester police arrived at the apartment about 2:40 a.m. Wednesday after firefighters removed a “burnt item” from the apartment. Murray told WHDH that Clifford threw Angel, the 2-year-old ferret, in the oven and turned up the heat.

Clifford has been arrested and charged with cruelty to animals, her bond is set at $10,000.00 and it is unclear whether the charge is a felony. EDIT: After reviewing NH criminal code, it appears to be a felony charge.

To inflict such pain and death over a minor dispute demonstrates you are far too volatile for regular society.

www.foxnews.com...

EDIT

I have researched New Hampshire code 644:8. Cruelty to Animals. Because her actions were "purposeful" instead of "negligent," I believe she was charged with a Class B Felony and not a misdemeanor.

edit on 11/17/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Although, after reviewing the statutes, it appears this COULD be charged as a felony depending on the intent.

Here is the state code:

644:8. Cruelty to Animals
I. In this section, "cruelty" shall include, but not be limited to, acts or omissions injurious or detrimental to the health, safety or welfare of any animal, including the abandoning of any animal without proper provision for its care, sustenance, protection or shelter.

II. In this section, "animal" means a domestic animal, a household pet or a wild animal in captivity.

II-a. In this section, "shelter" or "necessary shelter" for dogs shall mean any natural or artificial area which provides protection from the direct sunlight when that sunlight is likely to cause heat exhaustion of a dog tied or caged outside. Shelter from inclement weather shall have an area within to afford the dog the ability to stand up, turn around and lie down, and be of proportionate size as to allow the natural body heat of the dog to be retained.

III. A person is guilty of a misdemeanor for a first offense, and of a class B felony for a second or subsequent offense, who:
(a) Without lawful authority negligently deprives or causes to be deprived any animal in his possession or custody necessary care, sustenance or shelter;
(b) Negligently beats, cruelly whips, tortures, mutilates or in any other manner mistreats or causes to be mistreated any animal;
(c) Negligently overdrives, overworks, drives when overloaded, or otherwise abuses or misuses any animal intended for or used for labor;
(d) Negligently transports any animal in his possession or custody in a manner injurious to the health, safety or physical well-being of such animal;
(e) Negligently abandons any animal previously in his possession or custody by causing such animal to be left without supervision or adequate provision for its care, sustenance or shelter; or
(f) Otherwise negligently permits or causes any animal in his possession or custody to be subjected to cruelty, inhumane treatment or unnecessary suffering of any kind.

III-a. A person is guilty of a class B felony who purposely beats, cruelly whips, tortures, or mutilates any animal or causes any animal to be beaten, cruelly whipped, tortured, or mutilated.

Since her conduct is clearly purposeful as opposed to merely negligent, I believe felony charges are more than warranted (and she may indeed have been charged with a felony)

Updating my OP to reflect this analysis.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Awful, though I am not fond of ferrets. My only question is, why is the fact that she is pregnant even relevant?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I'm not one to usually suggest this...
But they should take that woman's baby away, as soon as it comes out.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

I don't think it is, but the article mentions it so many times so I figured might as well include it. I will remove it from my OP though, since it is basically just extraneous information

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

I don't think it is, but the article mentions it so many times so I figured might as well include it. I will remove it from my OP though, since it is basically just extraneous information

Perhaps it is relevant, in the context of her most likely being a crappy mom.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Awful, though I am not fond of ferrets. My only question is, why is the fact that she is pregnant even relevant?

Hormonal defense component?

My ex-wife lost her f#king mind when she was pregnant. Total Dr. Jekyll and Mrs. Hyde ...blew me away..
edit on E30America/ChicagoFri, 17 Nov 2017 11:00:26 -060011amFridayth11am by EternalShadow because: add

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

originally posted by: Jefferton

Hormonal defense?

Ooo good thought!

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Heh, true enough Jefferton

I am sure people will see it in the article though, and I really appreciate the input. I always try to leave out as much "extra" info as possible, since most people hate reading long articles/posts

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Heh, true enough Jefferton

I am sure people will see it in the article though, and I really appreciate the input. I always try to leave out as much "extra" info as possible, since most people hate reading long articles/posts

Oh it was good, I just get oddly hung up on details.

That's a me problem.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Agreed, she clearly is unable to control her emotions/behaviors.

I am more of a cat person myself, but to think of a defenseless creature being tortured and burned alive makes my skin crawl. How in the hell can someone take something's life in such a cruel way?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

absolutely disgusting...an innocent animal is tortured because this person is evil and deranged...

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

absolutely disgusting...an innocent animal is tortured because this person is evil and deranged...

Or just VERY pregnant... I can speak from first hand experience. Sometimes it isn't all rosey...believe me....

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Agreed

It is heart breaking. Did you see the picture of the ferret's sister in the article? These guys look so much like kittens to me, and are clearly regularly kept as pets. From a little research, it seems ferrets can be affectionate and playful and that tells me they clearly are sentient/aware.

Terror doesn't begin to describe what this poor ferret had to go through. I don't even know what to say, other than I am truly shocked. I don't know why I am shocked, we see examples of our fellow humans' attrocities daily

RIP Poor little "Angel" 2 y/o ferret

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Or just VERY pregnant... I can speak from first hand experience. Sometimes it isn't all rosey...believe me....

How many ferrets did you kill?

Kidding!

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Guess you never had vindaloo made in naga chili?

On serious note. This women will kill again.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

That's some really sick shiiii**iit. Reprehensible! Didn't she think the ferret would feel anything? Where is PETA now?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: blackadder01

I couldn't agree more blackadder, it is horrifying to even try to imagine how that poor ferret was feeling in the last few minutes of its life.

Furthermore, ovens take a few minutes to warm up which only adds to the sheer terror this animal was put through. Class B Felonies are nothing to laugh about, but serious and egregious acts of torture like this should be punished much more severely.

My only regret is that there aren't a litany of other charges they can slap her with. This is infuriating.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Hey, sounds like Chekhov's gun its there for a reason?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Pretty disgusting. No animal should be burned alive....except lobsters.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join