It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children Sold For Sex On The Streets Of Govanhill Glasgow

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
LOL....you didnt get that title then did ye Andy!
a reply to: TJames

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ClydeBuilt

No i got the gist of the title I'm just subverting it for my own ends really.

edit on 17-11-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

What?
I was quoting another member who seems to be making excuses for the pimp Roma parents in Govanhill.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I think ClydeBuilt may have been referring to my "No Mean City" reference and accidentally responded to you TJames.

I could be wrong all the same, it has been known to happen.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Gotcha, I've replied to myself before now lol

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Whoooa there Trigger! LOL
Im simply discussing the title of the book by A McArthur and later a song battered out by Maggie Bell.
"No Mean City" as in a city above the mean, the level, above average ????
It portrays a side of the city I have lived my whole life in and acquainted with all aspects of it, Im no trendy wank sic so I had read the book twice and watched the play a few times before it sunk in. BTW Im a Garngad boy, need I say more?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Dont know per-say let's just say they used to roll up in BMW, Mercedes and other top of the line motors, do their dirty deeds in certain flats, up certain closes, and then disappear into the night, off scot-free back to where ever they came from.

Generally having the cars keyed in the process by passers-by or people out walking their dogs that were perfectly aware as to what they were up to.

Can't imagine who those were all the same.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

No trigger I was just confused by the post so asked for clarification.
We're cool hun x

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: soloprotocol2
Any real evidence that these things are going on, or is it just heresay and dramatic arsewipe newspapers looking for another reason to have a kick at the SNP?...

Yeah, I've seen it countless times first hand. I spend a bunch of time in Eastern Europe where there's lots of Roma. I own property in a town where multiple Roma families prostitute their daughters. I've been propositioned numerous times walking the streets, as have many others. In Bulgaria, there was international news reports of the ongoing issues of Roma selling their children into slavery across the border in Greece. There's documentaries showing Roma parents prostituting their children, boys and girls alike in major cities like Bucharest, Rome and Barcelona.

It's cultural with them.

I know people will deny it. I know people will suggest it's racist to even say what I said. I also know when I'm in Bulgaria over the holidays and go check on our house in a Bulgarian village, a few doors down the Roma family will still be prostituting their daughter, as do other Roma families in that same village, and the next village, and the following village.

These same Roma families also don't allow their children to go to school and instead have them beg/steal all damn day. Of course some will deny that. Yet visit some of the places I go and you too will be eating in a restaurant and have Roma children come into the restaurant and beg for money, and starting screaming at you when you say no.

It's a sad situation. But this is their culture. They also send their wives to Germany/Italy to prostitute and send money back home, where the police get a commission for allowing it.

Anyone who disagrees and cries about being offended, meet me in downtown Sofia on Dec 28th and I'll gladly prove the above. I'll actually walk you thru areas where you'll be propositioned every 10 mins by fathers, offering their son or daughter.

I was naive on my first few trips to Bulgaria. Thought me relatives/friends were crazy, wondered why everyone I came across hated the Roma. Then as just one example, the house we now own used to belong to my wife's grandparents. Since the Roma a few doors down didn't work and none of the eight kids went to school, by father in law would offer them money for various chores around the property, in an attempt to help them. Then during a few month period of not being there instead of going to school, that father told his boys to come to our property, take down the ENTIRE brick wall surround the property and sell the bricks. Then there was no fencing around the property, so the kids then snuck in and stripped all metal off doors/gates/etc and sold that too.

You can imagine my father in law's reaction when he showed up months later to spend a holiday there and half the property was stripped and sold off by the same children he tried to help under their father's orders. And so many have similar stories. And when my father in law and other folks there got sick of that crap and stopped assisting that family, their solution was to prostitute two of their daughters, between the ages of 11-14. Oh and btw, people have tried to offer the father work. He agrees and then doesn't show up. The reality is most, not all, preserve their way of doing things, their culture from centuries ago and do not want to participate in modern society.

It's not a racial issue, it's a cultural issue. Some Roma are quite white, just as some Mexicans are quite white.
edit on 17-11-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
So how do you know Im a cool hun then?

is that no...eh....religionist..ish.
And stop talking to my horse!

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

You seem to be a reasoned chap so I'm going with gut instincts that we're cool hun.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
We? We? Did I miss something?
Are you insinuating some kinda relationship here doll?
Grab yer coat...Ill shout a taxi!

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

LOL, but on topic it really is a tragedy that millions of kids all over the world are abused every day.
I treat all kids as I do my own, protector and mentor.
Really sad OP to me

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

The tragedy, aside from the act of molestation of course, is the fact that people and authorities are willing to look the other way either down to backhanders or worse, they simply don't wish to get involved because the might actually have to do something about it.

Rather indicative of the society in which we exist these days and that speaks volumes really.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I think MysticPearl has the best grip on the subject.

Some cultures have a totally different outlook to our domesticated western 'civilization'.
Girls are at the bottom of the domestic food chain and all others are brutally dominated by a single alpha male.
They come from a place with zero chance of honest gainful employment, so will sieze upon any and all chances to snatch what they can, from whoever they can.

Not a great idea to invite them over in the first place.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Agreed.
It is why I wouldn't be surprised if authority types were complicit.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
You could almost see it as different from the paedofilia we see in this country, a more primitive view on it totally overshadowed by the financial rewards. Whereas our beasts are into it simply on a sexual or psychosexual aspect of it.
'Users' should be shot as far as Im concerned, same for traffikers in the UK.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

It's not just the wee girls through, they are selling both sexes in the area in question.

Even people from different cultures(for the most part), that are brutal by our comparison or standards respect and take care of there own children as best the can.

You don't crap on your own doorstep, tell you this god help them when they grow up and decide to seek revenge!

I know i would if i was one of the poor wee souls.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

"Users' should be shot as far as Im concerned, same for traffikers in the UK."

Hear, hear!

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClydeBuilt
I think MysticPearl has the best grip on the subject.

Some cultures have a totally different outlook to our domesticated western 'civilization'.
Girls are at the bottom of the domestic food chain and all others are brutally dominated by a single alpha male.
They come from a place with zero chance of honest gainful employment, so will sieze upon any and all chances to snatch what they can, from whoever they can.

Not a great idea to invite them over in the first place.

They actually think we're the assholes for offering help, as they consider offering help as an attempt to change their culture and insulting their culture. It's the basic premise of different cultures value different things and projecting our western and first world viewpoints on a culture which doesn't value the same things just isn't going to work. Same with the Middle East. If someone doesn't value education then you telling them their kids should go to school isn't going to go anywhere productive. Telling them they should get a job and even offering them a job comes across as asking them to be your slaves as they do not want to work for you.

I'll add though, I love Bulgaria and that part of the world. Have many friends and family there. I found it ridiculous when they were going to join the EU, how anti-Bulgaria UK politicians were. Acted like a bunch of Bulgarian criminals would just flood their borders. The average Bulgarian took great offense to that. Politicians repeatedly failed to separate Roma from Bulgarian. Bulgaria has been trying to deal with the Roma issue for decades. Now that the greater EU has to deal with it is interesting to see. When in Bulgaria 95% of the time you see what would appear as your average European, going to school, working, at the cafe, walking the park, sharing the same values as you and I. But you'll see a little of the Roma influence which keeps itself on the outskirts of society but interject itself every now and then.

It has nothing to do with your average Romanian or Bulgarian. There's a distinct and cultural difference between them and the Roma. They do not know how to deal with it though. And how could they. It's like going into Afghanistan and telling them Bacha bazi is wrong. To them it's not, it's part of their culture. How does one deal with that or a culture which believes prostituting wives and children is simply par for the course? It's not a question of right or wrong with them.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join