It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey ATS, Let's try something different: Positivity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
It seems to me, there is a lot of negativity here on ATS. I figured, lets have a positive political thread, i might be crazy to think that can happen, but we shall see.

If you want to play this game, The rules are simple. Say something positive about these 4 people: Trump, Hillary, Obama, Bush 43. Not a backhanded complement either, like Obama/Bush didn't blow up the world as president. If you really cannot think of anything nice to say, truthfully, that's more of a reflection onto yourself then it is on the names on this list.

So here we go:

Trump: I like how both the democratic and republican establishments hate him.

Obama: When Bush's treaty date to pull troops out of Iraq hit, there was talk about keeping some troops in Iraq, but Obama would only do it if the troops fell outside of Iraqi jurisdiction. When Iraq didn't agree with this, he pulled the troops out

Bush 43: How he handled the Terri Schiavo case. Terri Schiavo was in a persistent vegetative state. Basically, her husband said Terri would want the plug pulled , the parents disagreed with that statement. While I personally thought the plug should be pulled. Most of the MSM polls said the same thing. Bush said, I believe in life, and I believe that she should live.

Hillary: Save America's Treasures, its a program to save history. Which helped saved Thomas Edison's laboratory.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Trump: I honestly do like the chaotic element he brings. I'm worried about it but a part of me definitely chuckles at some if his antics.

Bush 43: A genuinely charming Texan.

Obama: Classiest White House ever.

Clinton: She really stepped up as first lady and worked.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
It seems to me, there is a lot of negativity here on ATS. I figured, lets have a positive political thread, i might be crazy to think that can happen, but we shall see.

If you want to play this game, The rules are simple. Say something positive about these 4 people: Trump, Hillary, Obama, Bush 43. Not a backhanded complement either, like Obama/Bush didn't blow up the world as president. If you really cannot think of anything nice to say, truthfully, that's more of a reflection onto yourself then it is on the names on this list.

So here we go:

Obama: When Bush's treaty date to pull troops out of Iraq hit, there was talk about keeping some troops in Iraq, but Obama would only do it if the troops fell outside of Iraqi jurisdiction. When Iraq didn't agree with this, he pulled the troops out

Bush 43: How he handled the Terri Schiavo case. Terri Schiavo was in a persistent vegetative state. Basically, her husband said Terri would want the plug pulled , the parents disagreed with that statement. While I personally thought the plug should be pulled. Most of the MSM polls said the same thing. Bush said, I believe in life, and I believe that she should live.

Hillary: Save America's Treasures, its a program to save history. Which helped saved Thomas Edison's laboratory.

Was really going to try until I read yout Trump “compliment”. The perfect example of “backhanded”. Nice try...

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Bush 43 is the same age as me. It was interesting a bunch of years ago to see how our minds followed a moral compass and were not so different. I voted for him as a matter of fact.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
My businesses thrived under 43, Obama, and under Trump so far, Union proud, Union Strong.

HRC....when was she elected?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

And right out of the gate a back handed comment about Trump....lol

1. I like how Trump being elected has really brought the Washington DC corruption to light.

2. I like that Obama broke barriers and became the first black President of the United States. Proving that race has no bearing on elections.

3. I like how Bush handled 9/11 and brought the Country together behind a cause...Even knowing now they sold us lies I liked the feeling of a United States.

4. I like the fight in Hillary. Love or hate her no matter what is thrown at her she fights it till the very end. There is even something admirable about her staying with Bill through his infidelity. Dumb on her part but admirable.

P.S. why even mention Hillary....She was never President....What does she have to do with the other three above her?

edit on 17-11-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Obama had a charming/put you at ease personality. I think if I'd ever met him, I'd of liked him. It was his politics I had trouble with.

Bush - He was President at a horrible time for our country. Would not have wanted to be him.

Trump - America First. "Bout damn time.

Clinton - Stood beside Bill even after the truth came out.

I gotta go lie down.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
How odd. A thread about Presidents, but when it comes to "Clinton" people default to Hillary, a first lady, and Candidate, rather than Bill, who was actually President?

BILL CLINTON. A POTUS.
Hillary Clinton. NOT a President.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Trump: He showed me that a politician can win on the national level without following traditional political norms. I'm getting into politics so it helps to see that I can run on exactly what I believe while disregarding polls and conventional norms.

Obama: Charismatic, witty, and polished, he is a great example of how to be a statesman-type politican.

Bush: I love his work on PEPFAR (President's Emergency Plan For AIDS Relief) in Africa. It's helped saved millions of lives there by fighting against HIV/AIDS, malaria, and I think tuberculosis. It was originally pushed in his administration by Condolezza Rice, but I give Dubya credit for actually making sure it was implemented.

Hillary: Powerful, shrewd, and disciplined, she's shown that with enough ambition, any woman can break through political and economic glass ceilings.

ETA: Here's a link to PEPFAR's website (www.pepfar.gov...). I also like a lot of Dubya's statements regarding Islam and the distinction between normal Islam and Wahhabis, though he doesn't mention them by name (found here).
edit on 17-11-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
How odd. A thread about Presidents, but when it comes to "Clinton" people default to Hillary, a first lady, and Candidate, rather than Bill, who was actually President?

BILL CLINTON. A POTUS.
Hillary Clinton. NOT a President.

I know. But the OP specified Hillary and not "Clinton".

Plus, this is "but Hillaaaarrrryyyy" ATS.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

lol. Yes.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Trump: I admire his "screw it" attitude. Doesn't mind striking back. (even if he's wrong, he sticks to his guns lol)

Obama: A statesman. Truly one of the best orators in modern history.

Bush: He managed to keep his sh*t together during one of the worse events to happen to the U.S.

Hillary: She's a bulldog. Not in a bad way. She sinks her teeth into something and doesn't let go.

US: we the people are able to battle it out in forums such as this and still have decent conversations later. I've seen many of you attack each other like there's a prize at the end and then be in agreement on a different topic. This ability to separate our differences at some level is a light in the dark that maybe we've not completely entered the upside-down.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Best thread I've seen here in years!

Trump: I like that he drives the media crazy.
Obama: Inspiring and a great role model.
Bush 43: Compassionate and sincere.
Hillary: Intelligent and policy oriented.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Bush : he ducked and laughed when someone chucked a shoe at him

Obama : he challenged Trump to debunk the lunar landings at the presser

Trump : he called the msms fake news and hung out with Farage

Clinton : she.. er... hmmm

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

You didn't even follow your own rules, Johnson. Your "nice thing" about Trump is 1). a backhanded compliment, and 2). not even about Trump himself but is about how others feel about Trump.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

You didn't even follow your own rules, Johnson. Your "nice thing" about Trump is 1). a backhanded compliment, and 2). not even about Trump himself but is about how others feel about Trump.

Trump's own supporters brag about him pissing off the DNC and GOP. I think that was a sincere compliment. It's a virtue, not entirely a flaw.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
Say something positive about these 4 people: Trump, Hillary, Obama, Bush 43.

Reading, it's fundamental.

ETA:
Trump: I voted for him last year and look forward to doing so again in 2020.
Obama: I liked the highway bill he signed in 2015.
Bush: He initially handled 9/11 well. His speech immediately following the attack was outstanding.
Hillary Clinton: I always figured she'd handle the economy fairly well, as her husband's economic indicators were always a source of pride for her.
edit on 17-11-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
1. Trump - I like how he's so hated by the DC establishment that both sides are working together to thwart him, so in a backhanded way, he has brought them all together to work toward a goal.

2. Obama - I liked how he seemed to be a strong family man. I just wish he had used that more to try to influence the country. There are way too many out of wedlock births, divorces, broken families, and kids growing up without a stable emotional support network.

3. Bush 43 - He let me take home more of my pay, and our family did nothing by thrive during his presidency.

4. Clinton - When there was a changing of the guard in Congress, he dealt with that by dealing with Newt helping to set up the conditions that continued under Bush 43 that enabled our family to thrive. Had he begun the hard partisan divide we see now, there are quite a few things that would not have happened.

And who cares about Hillary?

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

SJ, this sounds like an excellent idea.

Trump: I like that he is an outsider who isn't beholden to any existing establishment.

Obama: I like the fact that he turned out to be a moderate who ultimately didn't do any of the terrible things some on the right was worried about.

Bush 43: I like that he personally went to ground zero on 9/11, which was a brave & kind act all at once.

Hillary: I like that she stands up for people without as much of a voice in public affairs (minorities, etc).

..OK that wasn't so difficult

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Pas·sive-Ag·gres·sive
adjective

1) of or denoting a type of behavior or personality characterized by indirect resistance to the demands of others and an avoidance of direct confrontation, as in pouting or misplacing important materials.

-Chris

top topics

<<   2 >>

join