It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Senate Tax Cut Is Actually A Tax Increase.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
www.chicagotribune.com...

This basically doubles the cost of college for most students over the next decade. Unless you're wealthy enough to be able to pay for everything up front. I know that this means that I for one will never be able to go to grad school as I'll have to commit to a career before I could earn the money to attend.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I'm sorry, but there's a total lack of fiscal sense in those predictions. Education is a for profit business, selling a commodity. Thus, supply and demand economics are very much at play. If the demand for college goes down, the prices of college will also go down. The reason college is so damned expensive today is entirely on the heads of those who pushed for nearly automatic student loans for any and all who apply, regardless of degree sought and likely ability to repay. It has flooded colleges with kids seeking degrees that don't pay the bills and has driven up to costs of college overall. Eliminate the free money and reduce the point-of-invoice financial breaks for college students and a college degree will once again mean more than the paper it is written on, college graduates will actually see a competitve job market instead of being forced to take a service industry job that has zero to do with the arts degree they and 500,000 other 22 year olds walked out of their univerisites with.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Should we push for a society that has little demand for knowledge? That's doing nothing more than screwing a whole bunch of people out of their potential and better quality lives.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join