It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The paradox of Mass denouncing sexual assaults

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
This time it really hit them hard. There have been so many sexual assault accusations that this movement that seemed to help victims without a voice get the courage to denounce will slowly do the opposite.

In my case anyway. Started with Weinstein, then some other dudes then spacey then not long ago Louis Ck. By the time the wave had hit louis Ck I was already not even interested to click on the article.

I just saw a thread with sexual assault and stallone in the same sentence and did not even click.

Of course I thought about this entire scandal being orchestrated to keep us looking away from issues they do not want the public to focus on but it seems to even be banalizing even more the claims of victims who are already accused of jumping on the rapewaggon for attention etc...

At this point, with the momentum #metoo has, it would take just 1 paid fake victim to come clean on live tv about having lied for attention and this entire thing will self desintegrate stigmatising victims even more.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Golantrevize
This time it really hit them hard. There have been so many sexual assault accusations that this movement that seemed to help victims without a voice get the courage to denounce will slowly do the opposite.

The real issue is that victims get a voice and they are believed

the weight of self loathing has been lifted from their shoulders. They are not

the perpetrators but they carry the guilt. That's the nature of the beast!

In my case anyway. Started with Weinstein, then some other dudes then spacey then not long ago Louis Ck. By the time the wave had hit louis Ck I was already not even interested to click on the article.
I just saw a thread with sexual assault and stallone in the same sentence and did not even click.

Just because it has lost its 'shock' value, doesn't make it less important. The victims

get vindicated and the perpetrators get their comeuppance. Justice gets served.

Of course I thought about this entire scandal being orchestrated to keep us looking away from issues they do not want the public to focus on but it seems to even be banalizing even more the claims of victims who are already accused of jumping on the rapewaggon for attention etc...

Who??? is orchestrating what??? unacceptable behavior and crimes are being

commited.

Anyone jumping on to a rape bandwagon for attention needs treatment for a

mental disorder. Rape is a physical and mental violation which destroys the

victim

Perpetrators who have got away with it for years, even lifetimes are now

going to be accountable ..... they will no longer be able to hide behind their

celebrity.

At this point, with the momentum #metoo has, it would take just 1 paid fake victim to come clean on live tv about having lied for attention and this entire thing will self desintegrate stigmatising victims even more.

For every one lying fake victim who I believe should face the

same punishment/sentence as the guilty perpetrators there are hundreds of

REAL victims getting the vindication they deserve and need.

edit on 17-11-2017 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia
For every one lying fake victim who I believe should face the

same punishment/sentence as the guilty perpetrators there are hundreds of

REAL victims getting the vindication they deserve and need.

Proving allegations in a court of law is difficult. I think this measure you support would make victims less likely to come forward.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zelun

Proving allegations in a court of law is difficult. I think this measure you support would make victims less likely to come forward.

You underestimate the relief of unloading the burden the victim has carried

often for many years.

Unless you have been a victim You will never understand that

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I am becoming more apathetic, and oddly irritated with every new accusation. Which is terrible, and confusing.

I can't explain it.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

I hear you.
I have seen so much of this topic,it is has made me disturbingly apathetic.

Much like the OP...I didn't read or click the Louis CK articles or the Stallone Articles.

Everyone wants to either come out and expose who needs to be exposed or come out and look for attention saying they were a victim.
Hollywood is such a creepy place...I am not sure where the moral compass really sits,which makes it hard to want to bother giving it any space within my head.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
I am becoming more apathetic, and oddly irritated with every new accusation. Which is terrible, and confusing.

I can't explain it.

I can. Desensitization by repetitive indulgence in the 'Genre'.

IOW, you watch to much MSM.

(post by Oldtimer2 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
You could watch a few episodes of steve wilkos.
He deals with dna and lie detector tests.

For the most part, he confronts those who are found not telling the truth.
playlist of numerous cases.

It may surprise you how many people really are messed up in the head...
Affluenza is an illness in itself.

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   
What we are witnessing is the return of "the Salem Witchcraft Trials' - Now the witches who were hanged or burned at

the stake on heresay and little actual evidence - have comeback and are trying to burn males who may have rubbed them

the wrong way - even males who they may have not even meet - by yelling rape [meaning witch] and then sitting back

And allowing the so-called 'Liberal' media destroy the reputaiton of these men without proof or evidence

- It is character destruction without evidence - NOW WILL THE REAL WITCHES PLEASE STAND UP

PS: Not that I'm saying some of the accusations might br true - At least some probably are
- And then again Witchcraft is also real !
edit on 18-11-2017 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
any of you watch South Park? you should.
they do a "witch" hunt thing.
you can see it is about This.

why now do They all come out?
it has happen before. but very small.
mass hysteria? MkUltra?

I bet it is a warning to stay quiet.
or THEY out you.

top topics

join