It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left Laners

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I have developed a real problem with drivers I call left laners. You know, they are the ones that, on roads with two lanes going the same way, pull directly into the left lane and stay there - come hell or high water. I literally have changed my route to work because of these people, preferring to go a longer route than be stressed by them. These are the people who get in that left lane and ride it, whether or not there are cars in the right lane and.... sometimes, annoyingly, will ride right next to a car in the right lane for MILES...............

This is soooo rude, not to mention ILLEGAL in my state! Every single morning on my way to work, the left lane is stacked with cars just piddling along - whether or not there are cars in the right lane.

If you're a left laner, STOP.

Luv you, mean it.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Yep. We even have road signs that read “Left Lane for Passing Only” about every mile. Do you think they’re followed? Of course not...

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

Ugh... big pet peeve of mine

almost always the same kind of driver too... just under the speed limit, blue knuckle crushing the wheel with two hands as if its trying to escape

three people behind them tailgating and flashing just to try to get them to move the F*** over

Its called the passing lane for a reason

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamonlyhuman
I have developed a real problem with drivers I call left laners. You know, they are the ones that, on roads with two lanes going the same way, pull directly into the left lane and stay there - come hell or high water. I literally have changed my route to work because of these people, preferring to go a longer route than be stressed by them. These are the people who get in that left lane and ride it, whether or not there are cars in the right lane and.... sometimes, annoyingly, will ride right next to a car in the right lane for MILES...............

This is soooo rude, not to mention ILLEGAL in my state! Every single morning on my way to work, the left lane is stacked with cars just piddling along - whether or not there are cars in the right lane.

Luv you, mean it.

I agree with you. I also have to add that my relevent pet peeve are people somehow assuming that you're allowed to speed in the left lane, in which they refer to as the "fast lane." Speed limit is the speed limit regardless, and should be obeyed.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I hate when people in a hurry tailgate me, all while there are 1-2 more OPEN lanes for them to just pass me.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamonlyhuman

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS. I am soooo with you on this. The other thing that gets me are the A$$holes that are coming towards you and don't turn off their high beams, and it seems more and more people are doing this. Do they not teach that in driver's ed anymore?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
As a former pro (well, if pizza delivery counts) and generally fast (but safe) driver, I too have a deep dislike for these idjitz.

I knew one older woman ( my mom) who stayed in the "fast" lane because didn't want to "bump the curb" on the right... I pointed out if she was so terrible at staying in a lane, it was better to bump the curb rather than swerve into oncoming traffic. The excellent argument never swayed her.

She would also go miles out of her way to avoid a left turn ...and she was a far better a driver than many I see out there.

Maybe self driving cars is NOT a bad thing.

link   
Good rant. We hear you.

Anyone ever wonder why traffic doesn't do what we want it too?

link   

Luv you, mean it.

You wont like this...Michigan just this week is OPENING the left and right shoulders for certain times on US-23 between Ann Arbor and Saginaw to alieviate traffic congestions. Signs overhead are either GREEN ARROWS AHEAD or RED X's when not to use those lanes.

I hate these people already! This is not going to end well. 1st in the country I hear (prob. the last) Hope no one DIES.

Thanks. Great thread title. Best, M.S.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Windshield washer fluid works great when being tailgated. I go trough a gallon a week. They back off. Just remember you can burn your pump up. I carry a spare.

edit on 16-11-2017 by ttropia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger
Yes, but we also have the Left land for passing only signs.

We sure can't claim we have smart people in charge of our state, can we?

OP, I have a friend that is a left laner. We have had many arguments about it.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

vehicle

Me too. And Im an EMT in an Emergency vehicle. Left lane? Right lane? Middle lanes? We STILL have people that will not move over even for us or Police...they use the left too as an "Im here now goin' 90 n Im stayin'...hell with your flashing lights!"

I think in my personal life Ive just gotten it thru my head the last couple years to move left, pass as many as I have to or can, move back...and back there again if I come up on a semi or something...then get back-center again. These "stay-there" loonies" are just that.

Thanks..and drive safe. 'Cause the knuckleheads arent.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
I hate when people in a hurry tailgate me, all while there are 1-2 more OPEN lanes for them to just pass me.

Are you a left laner?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttropia
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Windshield washer fluid works great when being tailgated. I go trough a gallon a week. They back off. Just remember you can burn your pump up. I carry a spare.

Haha me and some friends used to turn them sideways and hit people on sidewalks. Not sure if mine will shoot that high over the back, ill have to check.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The speech limit is the law, in 'both lanes'. The 'fast' lane is the unwritten rule.

Unwritten rules aren't in the manual.

The DMV handbook doesn't say stay right, faster traffic stay left. It does advise, yield your lane to faster traffic. But thats not a law.

This isn't the AutoBahn.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

originally posted by: chiefsmom

vehicle

Me too. And Im an EMT in an Emergency vehicle. Left lane? Right lane? Middle lanes? We STILL have people that will not move over even for us or Police...they use the left too as an "Im here now goin' 90 n Im stayin'...hell with your flashing lights!"

I think in my personal life Ive just gotten it thru my head the last couple years to move left, pass as many as I have to or can, move back...and back there again if I come up on a semi or something...then get back-center again. These "stay-there" loonies" are just that.

Thanks..and drive safe. 'Cause the knuckleheads arent.

But in official capacity you have to ride their tail and force them to move right, to avoid accidents enroute to a call, right?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Here on the two lane "blue highways" it's polite to pull the freak over if you're "pulling a parade". Like no one made you Parade Marshall FFS!!! I will pull over asap if I'm not in the mood to hit that next deer-turkey-phone pole.
Someone has to has to call 911 for the lunatics.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no angel, but manners people! MANNERS!!!

Not turning off the highbeams is another pet peeve. Don't turn yours down I'm turning mine back on an screw you too!

The left laners?
Hang there and I have absolutely no problem passing you on the right.

My biggest complaint is cars that "pack-up". Totally absolutely an accident waiting to happen. I've even pulled over at a rest stop if I couldn't get around and past them. It only takes one dufus to cause a multi-vehicle 4 star wreck.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Ugh, left turns not pulling into the intersection so people behind them have a fighting chance to make it through the light too.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Ill admit im a left lane camper. However, im usually speeding so rarely holding up traffic. The problem around here is if you arent in left lane, you will be constantky switching lanes to pass slow pokes camped out in the middle lanes which is much more dangerous. Muxh easier to just stay in left. Too many people drive slower than tbe natural flow of traffic. Around chicago, you do 70 in the slow lane to keep up.

People in general just dont jnow how to drive and they arent aware of their surroundings.

I live in a area with a left hand entrance ramp, so you are merging into the fast left lane. Yiu get idiots trying to merge doing like 50mph in traffic flowing at 70. Wtf?

The entrance ramp is like a 1/4 mile down hill and some of these idiots take longer than a horse and buggy to get up to speed.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Luv you, mean it.

You wont like this...Michigan just this week is OPENING the left and right shoulders for certain times on US-23 between Ann Arbor and Saginaw to alieviate traffic congestions. Signs overhead are either GREEN ARROWS AHEAD or RED X's when not to use those lanes.

I hate these people already! This is not going to end well. 1st in the country I hear (prob. the last) Hope no one DIES.

Thanks. Great thread title. Best, M.S.

We have these on many roads in and into/out of DC. They're not as bad as they sound; at least it opens up more lanes for people to rudely block one another in. I don't want to know how many years of my life commuting in this city has taken from me due to the stress and pure anger.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join