It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Got Back from Iceland!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
I didn't think of the potential for such a blight but...
it's out there~!

If we took when in that greenhouse the plants would have wilted.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
The Strokker geysir would have crawled back to its hole..
edit on 17-11-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Now you are truly understanding the magnitude of our grotesqueness.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

((shudder))

I have just the beautiful pic needed to erase that hideous thought.

A friend took this captivating shot.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

That looks like your neck of the woods as opposed to Iceland.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

You are absolutely right in that it looks like it could have been taken right along the foothills- looks nearly identical- but this was taken in Iceland!

Those horses are unique to the land (I think) and quite handsome

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Just another couple of reasons to admire that fascinating landscape.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Do you have any more pics of murals and the such?

I absolutely love graffiti, wall art, murals, blah blah blah. They seem to have a different "feel" there than in many other places I've seen.

Colorado is the bestest though. Mostly

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
Colorado is the bestest though. Mostly

I know a really good sushi bar there.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Our oceans are truly bountiful here, most people don't know that.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

As a matter of fact, I do!

This one cracked me up:

You can see the hint of some graffiti there on the left (how it's incorporated into the city):

Three Little Birds

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Awesome.

True, Colorado definitely has its attractions.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I love it! Thank you

I think far too many associate it all with the common, skill-less territory markings. Its easily one of my favorite art mediums though, and its so interesting to see the differences according to location.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: recrisp

Man, you're making it hard to not want to start packing, you and Verse are just trouble makers. heheh
I REALLY enjoyed you stories and pictures!

LOL, not the first time I've been accused of trouble making! Prime agitator here, particularly when one is feeling the most comfortable

SO glad you enjoyed the pictures and stories, and thankful for everyone's contribution.

I have to ask, in Fortitude EVERYONE carries a hunting rifle in case of Polar Bears, did you see any of that at all?
That may sound as weird as when I was in Colorado and they asked me if we really rode horses... heheh I live in Texas...

Thanks again!

Ha ha, I'm from Colorado, imagine that.
This might be a question for Verse... BUT I did have a few very interesting conversations with Pall (from OP) about guns, and the arduous process through which to acquire them in Iceland, and the impression I had was that those who do own guns use them solely for hunting and keep them locked tight when not in use.

Welcome back to CO any time, lol. Though maybe another, more Northern locale is in the cards, I hope?

As for polar bears over here, we don't have many...the few that show up usually are lost wanderers from Greenland which got stuck on a glacier that got torn up and carried them over the ocean. (crazy, but that's how they make it here) then we usually have to put them down , which is a real shame because if it were up to me these majestic animals (who are close to being extinct too) should be somehow kept alive and brought back to safety. I've heard it's more dangerous in Greenland and there , like in the show everybody is armed just in case. I read somewhere that the polar bear vs human ratio over there were 20-1 ...or something similar. There are a lot more polar bears than humans so if you go outside the capital you will most likely encounter some and will unfortunately have to bear arms. Greenland is a fascinating place to me that I want to learn more about one day.

Regarding guns over here, they're used for sports only and I haven't personally looked into how hard it is to get one, but I can imagine it's not easy. We just don't need them at all. None of our crimes are committed by firearms, we've had three murders this year so far (which is a lot considering the fact from the OP which stated we avg. about one per year) and none of them involved guns. We had a murder 4 years ago , where the police had to shoot a man, who was mentally unstable and shooting at bystanders outside of his window. They broke into his apartment and shot him. That was a real shocker, first time the police has to kill anybody over here. All that fiasco wasn't down to guns though, it was our mental institution that was helpless in giving the man the aid he needed and that system still is broken and has been for many years.

BTW here is a fact, there is no running government in Iceland right now and hasn't been for over a month. We're basically out of control. But we're civil people so it's all good!

and much respect Zosimov and Recrisp. You've made some awesome threads today !

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Verse

Ha ha, love that last fact you threw in there- how inspiring to see the people holding it down, particularly considering the volatile political climate over here.

This thread is great, mostly thanks to some really interesting contributions and info.

Much Respect back, and thank you for adding your unique (insider) perspective!

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

a reply to: Verse

Ha ha, love that last fact you threw in there- how inspiring to see the people holding it down, particularly considering the volatile political climate over here.

This thread is great, mostly thanks to some really interesting contributions and info.

Much Respect back, and thank you for adding your unique (insider) perspective!

NP!

Now , the political climate over here , is kinda the opposite to everything else. I didn't want to get too much into it because this is such a fun thread and politics will remove the fun from it. But let's just say we've uninstalled two governments in two years and it still looks like not much is going to change. So we might be seeing our government implode again next fall...it's becoming a yearly thing. But let's keep this thing on the positive note!

Elves are a big myth over here and a lot of Icelandic people do believe in them. I'm not sure if I do....but I know this, I never ever mess with their rocks just in case haha. I would rather get these guys to run our government than the current ones!

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Verse

Now , the political climate over here , is kinda the opposite to everything else. I didn't want to get too much into it because this is such a fun thread and politics will remove the fun from it.

Ha, the same the world over! Enough said. Love the idea of staying on the positive side, as there is so much cool/good stuff in the world, why not?

Elves are a big myth over here and a lot of Icelandic people do believe in them. I'm not sure if I do....but I know this, I never ever mess with their rocks just in case haha. I would rather get these guys to run our government than the current ones!

I'm looking forward to watching that vid. Here's a funny article I found:
www.bbc.com...

I have a few things in my garden for faeries. Lol. I don't believe in them really, but, well...

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I have a few things in my garden for faeries. Lol. I don't believe in them really, but, well...

I sure do... or, at least, something that can look like them.

Its a wacky, wild world.

I think its really fascinating how some cultures still embrace those types of notions.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Agreed, a big, wacky world and I too am fascinated by the only accounts (outside of my own eyes) we have of it- similar stories by various cultures around the world and throughout history.

Love this topic!

posted on Nov, 21 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I've seen some beautiful drone aerial footage of Iceland. Truly God's work is great!

edit on 21-11-2017 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join