It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Franken......WHOOPS....Next to go....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

We shall see what the Democrats do. I don't want to defend Al Franken, but there is a difference in the gravity of the allegations.

On Al Franken:

A woman accused Minnesota Democratic Sen. Al Franken on Thursday of groping her and kissing her without her consent in 2006 while she was on a USO Tour overseas.

CNN

On Roy Moore:

Then, slightly a month before the special election, the Washington Post released a bombshell report of allegations that Moore had inappropriate sexual conduct with teenage girls while he was in his 30s. One woman alleged that Moore had her touch him in private areas when she was just 14.

Fox News

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: Grambler

It looks like he was kidding around, to me.

Well the woman in the picture says in the Hill article linked in the OP that he forced his tongue down her throat.

Big deal.

Yes, it is a big deal if you are a person who has been screaming about how actions like that are sexual assualt and must be taken seriously.

So now we will see how consistent those people are.

Ruin humor and obfuscate sexual assault to settle a political squabble? Not worth it.

Dont tell me, tell those on the left that have set the standard and ruined humor.

I agree that this picture to me may be in bad taste if he touched her, but its not the end of the world.

However, I wont write off forcing his tongue down her throat like you have. That is a form of assualt that should be addressed.

Nonetheless, lets see how the left responds to this.

His career will be ruined because he was kidding around. That’s not a world I want to live in.

Forcing your tongue down someones throat is kidding around?

It’s an expression.

WOW! So is rape an expression too? I'm guessing you don't have any daughters.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

apparently forcing a bj on 16 year old isn't unless there's a picture.

do you have daughters?

link   
I wonder what legislation is being written right now or already that will be pushed through while we go back and forth over this...

link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Bad taste or not, he is neither grabbing her breasts nor even touching her.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: FauxMulder

apparently forcing a bj on 16 year old isn't unless there's a picture.

Did I say it wasn't?

link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

Well the woman in the picture says in the Hill article linked in the OP that he forced his tongue down her throat.

Big deal.

Yes, it is a big deal if you are a person who has been screaming about how actions like that are sexual assualt and must be taken seriously.

Ruin humor and obfuscate sexual assault to settle a political squabble? Not worth it.

Dont tell me, tell those on the left that have set the standard and ruined humor.

I agree that this picture to me may be in bad taste if he touched her, but its not the end of the world.

However, I wont write off forcing his tongue down her throat like you have. That is a form of assualt that should be addressed.

His career will be ruined because he was kidding around. That’s not a world I want to live in.

It’s an expression.

WOW! So is rape an expression too? I'm guessing you don't have any daughters.

Grab the pitchforks.

link   

Big deal.

It’s an expression.

If someone pushed their tongue in my mouth against my will, I dont think I would write it off as an expression.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Big deal.

It’s an expression.

If someone pushed their tongue in my mouth against my will, I dont think I would write it off as an expression.

But if someone claimed you did, what then? I guess it’s sexual assault.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
I wonder what legislation is being written right now or already that will be pushed through while we go back and forth over this...

exactly.

like trump lifting the ban on elephant trophies... ugh.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

We shall see what the Democrats do. I don't want to defend Al Franken, but there is a difference in the gravity of the allegations.

On Al Franken:

A woman accused Minnesota Democratic Sen. Al Franken on Thursday of groping her and kissing her without her consent in 2006 while she was on a USO Tour overseas.

CNN

On Roy Moore:

Then, slightly a month before the special election, the Washington Post released a bombshell report of allegations that Moore had inappropriate sexual conduct with teenage girls while he was in his 30s. One woman alleged that Moore had her touch him in private areas when she was just 14.

Fox News

Yes, it appears there is a difference.

The allegation against Franken includes penetration.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Big deal.

It’s an expression.

Now you are changing your argument.

You claimed that if this happened it wasnt a big deal.

Now you are saying more proof is needed than just an accusation.

So we are in agreement that if he did force his tongue in her mouth, it is assualt and a big deal?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I can't stand Al.

But, some people need to get a sense of humor.

I hear they are wonderful.

He was a comic. That's what they do.

Sheesh

edit on 16-11-2017 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2017 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Big deal.

It’s an expression.

Now you are changing your argument.

You claimed that if this happened it wasnt a big deal.

Now you are saying more proof is needed than just an accusation.

So we are in agreement that if he did force his tongue in her mouth, it is assualt and a big deal?

No, I said big deal, full stop. Sexual assault has specific legal definitions.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The gay comedian "air groped" her through body armor? He's not even touching her and even if he was touching "her" he'd be touching body armor.

This picture doesn't show sexual assault, it shows Franken pantomiming for a gag photo.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Woot, draining the swamp 1 by 1. I can't help but to think that there are multitudes out there that are slowly getting the encouragement needed to come out about this type of thing. Like many on ATS has said, I too do not care which side of the isle they are on. Sad thing is, this may become a norm for politics and using an "allegation" as a form of slander for the opposing candidate. So there needs to be some sort of proof shown of these allegations.

Let them fall IMO!

+3 more 
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

The gay comedian "air groped" her through body armor? He's not even touching her and even if he was touching "her" he'd be touching body armor.

This picture doesn't show sexual assault, it shows Franken pantomiming for a gag photo.

I love how no one reads the article.

So her story of him acting inappropriately all week, and putting his tongue in her mouth against her will, none of that matters?

Wow.

link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

He was a comic. That's what they do.

Wait, all comedians are sexual predators? Wow, we need the DOJ on this quick!

TheRedneck

link   

Well, it's a good thing we're now all in the camp of believing every single allegation of sexual assault. So Donald Trump will be resigning today?

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Does her allegation of him forcibly kissing her and forcing his tongue into her mouth count for anything?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join