It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

" Nice " people are really Pissing me off today !

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lurker1
I hate the charity types outside the grocery store right down to the F'ing Girl Scouts and their financially ruinous and crappy cookies. I walk on by.

What I really resent is being hit up at the cash register. Leave me the "F" alone.

Don't come to my door, don't accost me in public. F'ing F**K OFF!

My favorite charity is my little sister who is doing the job she loves, but which does not fully support her.

Yup, there's a difference between charity given from one's heart and guilt induced extortion ! You can bet the poor cashiers that are FORCED to ask every customer if they wanna donate to whatever charity the CEO of the company has deemed "They" want to support, really means the pressure is put on the employees to collect the funds and meet " THEIR " goal....up to and including having managers put pressure on employees to have donations taken out of their paychecks ! The CEO then goes to a big,fancy , EXPENSIVE event to soak up the "glory" for being such a NICE person...how about using the money spent on these " I'm so Generous circle jerks " to actually give to the charity !!

I know several very nice, well meaning families with kids in Girl Scouts, and I sometimes just want to SCREAM, WTF, when I see the major event of the year for these kids is selling cookies...how about learning about nature, camping, physical fitness...IDK, I'll end up buying the friggin cookies....

You're a Good big sister and your wicked sense of humor made me smile...

edit on 16-11-2017 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2017 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
There worse people out there. :O I won't classify those people as nice people.
edit on 16-11-2017 by CaptainHook because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
At those four way stop situations, there is only one proper way to handle it..

Wave the person to go through, then.. ram 'em.

They'll never see it coming.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel

I hate the charity types outside the grocery store right down to the F'ing Girl Scouts and their financially ruinous and crappy cookies. I walk on by.

What I really resent is being hit up at the cash register. Leave me the "F" alone.

My favorite charity is my little sister who is doing the job she loves, but which does not fully support her.

Yup, there's a difference between charity given from one's heart and guilt induced extortion ! You can bet the poor cashiers that are FORCED to ask every customer if they wanna donate to whatever charity the CEO of the company has deemed "They" want to support, really means the pressure is put on the employees to collect the funds and meet " THEIR " goal....up to and including having managers put pressure on employees to have donations taken out of their paychecks ! The CEO then goes to a big,fancy , EXPENSIVE event to soak up the "glory" for being such a NICE person...how about using the money spent on these " I'm so Generous circle jerks " to actually give to the charity !!

I know several very nice, well meaning families with kids in Girl Scouts, and I sometimes just want to SCREAM, WTF, when I see the major event of the year for these kids is selling cookies...how about learning about nature, camping, physical fitness...IDK, I'll end up buying the friggin cookies....

Have you heard the kicker about those grocery-store charity drives?
You cough-up the money, (for the children of course), the grocery-chain tallies-up the donations, and then presents them to the charity as their own donation, making it fully tax-deductible!
So it actually is an increase profit scam from your local friendly grocer.

We can probably all agree that there is something nefarious about the girl guides, and those friggin cookies.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

Hey, thank you!

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Another negative experience, not necessarily charity-related.

1. Bought a new car.

2. Went to the bank to cut the check.

3. Returned to finalize and the finance a**hole tried to upsell me another 3k.

4. AFTER I'D CUT THE F'ING CHECK!

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Have you heard the kicker about those grocery-store charity drives?
You cough-up the money, (for the children of course), the grocery-chain tallies-up the donations, and then presents them to the charity as their own donation, making it fully tax-deductible!
So it actually is an increase profit scam from your local friendly grocer.

We can probably all agree that there is something nefarious about the girl guides, and those friggin cookies.

Oh yeah, my previous post was based on actual experience working for a major grocery chain for 15 yrs. and to this day it still pisses me off ! LOL...so I worked my way up pretty quickly to become what is called a " Floral Merchandiser " basically the DM for the floral departments, my territory was from the Oregon border to Sonoma County, which is a BIG area to begin with, but since many of my stores were small, I had 34...I was always asked to do special projects...uggg...if I NEVER have to go San Francisco again it will be just fine with me !

So anyways, myself and the 4 other merchandiser's get a "oh so "nice" group VM on mon. telling us that we are all expected to show up that Sat. to make centerpieces for our CEO's big charity event, now for me this means a minimum 5 hour round trip drive plus getting the work done on my day off, which I'm used to, but this day my daughter was having her ballet recital at 5 pm....I call my boss and she assures me that we will all be on the road by noon, and OHHHH what a "nice' thing it will be for us to all work together on this "wonderful" event ! OK, I suck it up, as long as I'm home by 3pm it's all good.

Now we did have sources that did make pre-made centerpieces, probably not as nice as ours, but nice enough...anyways we all rock it out, we're all very skilled floral designers and we are on track to leave by noon....THEN our boss walks in and announces that the CEO has just called her and he wants 150 corsages...he thinks that would be "nice"....my Ohhh so "nice" boss now tells me " Too Bad, Too Sad ".....we all have kids.....I was devastated, I didn't get home until 4:45, driving like a maniac...my daughter and her Dad tried their best to do her hair, she was totally stressed out and it took every ounce of goodness I had inside me to stay calm and try and "fix" everything.

Anyways, lol, yeah I know what BS these grocery store charity fundraisers are......

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: MountainLaurel

So, one being "nice" held up traffic, and another was in your face and pushy! Seems they wanted to be seen being "nice". I'd have been annoyed, too.

Yeah, I don't think feeling annoyed was an unreasonable reaction, but it was uncomfortable to feel angry with people who probably where just trying to be nice ...you know ?

Yes, it would be, but sheesh! It's the not thinking that gets me. People don't consider nearly all of the ramifications of their actions, far too often.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join