It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

" Nice " people are really Pissing me off today !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Hey ATS, hope you're all having a better day then I am...I'm pretty sure I understand where my crummy mood today is coming from, Grief mostly, but in the midst of my "bitchy" mood , it occurred to me that sometimes people's good intentions can be quite annoying and intrusive.

So, I decide to walk down to the grocery store today, rather then drive, it's close by and I just needed a few items for dinner. I'm enjoying my walk, feeling a little better until I reach a busy street, with no cross walk, I need to cross, no problem, I'm in no hurry. This "nice" lady decides to stop traffic in order to let me cross, I'm not elderly or disabled and I just want to wait till there was no cars coming....so I smile and wave her on....Well she decides she's not taking no for an answer and starts screaming out her window for me to go !! WTH, I now scream no, it's ok, I'll wait...she then flips her eyes and screech's off....now my nice little walk has left me feeling like I've just insulted her "kindness" and kinda embarrassed as all the cars she held up drive by.

Then as I'm exiting the store this "nice" Salvation army lady sticks her collection can in my path and asks "if I want to help the needy?" ...now more often then not, I do make donations to the SA folks, but I never had anyone ask me to do so, normally they just smile, maybe say hello whether you donate that day or not, not try to quilt trip people to participate in their good deed....now I'm forced to explain I have no cash on me and used a bank card to buy my groceries.....and it annoyed me !

Maybe being a NICE person also means knowing when to back the Hell off ! LOL......Thanks I needed to get that off my chest, and please feel no obligation to respond "nicely"....a few jokes might be cool though.. .

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

To be honest I have never trusted nice people. So I am with you on the nice people thing

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
It's nice, to be nice, to the nice.

- Frank Burns.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

The nice lady was a serial rapist and SA collector was a drug addict using charity to fund the drug habit,i hope you feel better now.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

To be honest I have never trusted nice people. So I am with you on the nice people thing

LOL...that's funny.......I don't dislike nice people, I'd like to think I'm generally pretty nice myself, but when people want to impose their "niceness" onto others it can become intrusive.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I hate the holidays because all the beggars come out bugs the sh1t out of me, oh and the lady in the car probably wanted to mow you down, hence, the reason she was so insistant on you crossing.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I am sure you are, but, I genuinely don't trust nice people

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
It's nice, to be nice, to the nice.

- Frank Burns.

LOL.....my Dad always says this...Frank Burn's was a funny man.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
dp
edit on 15-11-2017 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MountainLaurel
Hey ATS, hope you're all having a better day then I am...I'm pretty sure I understand where my crummy mood today is coming from, Grief mostly, but in the midst of my "bitchy" mood , it occurred to me that sometimes people's good intentions can be quite annoying and intrusive.

So, I decide to walk down to the grocery store today, rather then drive, it's close by and I just needed a few items for dinner. I'm enjoying my walk, feeling a little better until I reach a busy street, with no cross walk, I need to cross, no problem, I'm in no hurry. This "nice" lady decides to stop traffic in order to let me cross, I'm not elderly or disabled and I just want to wait till there was no cars coming....so I smile and wave her on....Well she decides she's not taking no for an answer and starts screaming out her window for me to go !! WTH, I now scream no, it's ok, I'll wait...she then flips her eyes and screech's off....now my nice little walk has left me feeling like I've just insulted her "kindness" and kinda embarrassed as all the cars she held up drive by.

Then as I'm exiting the store this "nice" Salvation army lady sticks her collection can in my path and asks "if I want to help the needy?" ...now more often then not, I do make donations to the SA folks, but I never had anyone ask me to do so, normally they just smile, maybe say hello whether you donate that day or not, not try to quilt trip people to participate in their good deed....now I'm forced to explain I have no cash on me and used a bank card to buy my groceries.....and it annoyed me !

Maybe being a NICE person also means knowing when to back the Hell off ! LOL......Thanks I needed to get that off my chest, and please feel no obligation to respond "nicely"....a few jokes might be cool though.. .

I know what you mean, I have had those same type of days before, you just can't win sometimes...

This is 'just the thing' to put you in a good mood, I promise, this video was probably the funniest video I have seen on YouTube in all of the years I have gone there.
Now 'cause I said that it'll suck... =)
I was in a 'not so good' mood when I found this too, it made me laugh out loud so much I was surprised at myself!
I promise it's just a funny video on YouTube, nothing crazy and no weird viruses, it's YouTube, after all!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I felt nice and gave an old man hitch hiking a ride 20 miles of his homeless walk across Oklahoma. But, that is different I figure. Sad thing is he had been walking for several hours and not gotten an offer to ride. Before you say "That's not safe.". Its Oklahoma, I was plenty safe.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I think most people agree that if you just let the traffic flow instead of stopping to let someone out, or go, traffic flows better. I too will wait till I'M COMFORTABLE to cross traffic. After all, I'm the one who will get hit if I make a mistake. I get "bitchy" once in a while, and while I've tried for a very long time to figure out why, that answer alludes me so far. When I get that way, nice people don't bother me, stupid people do. And I too get the "guilt" my mother gave me when I don't have any cash to put in the Salvation Army bucket. Seems we have a lot in common.
edit on 15-11-2017 by MiddleInsite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I've seen too much MASH.

Actually.. I've seen MASH beyond count..

Still not enough MASH.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
That nice lady was simply following the law, which is to stop for a pedestrian at an intersection. By you standing there you indicated you wanted to cross. if you do not want to cross, turn away from the intersection. You caused the situation in the first place, and you're blaming her for obeying the law. And if that actually pisses you off, you're the one with a problem.
edit on 11/15/2017 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
ML, I am so very sorry this has happened to you.

Is there anything I can do to help? I'm here for you, I really am. I can help.

I really think that kindness needs to be tempered and applied with wisdom to truly be kind. Sorta the idea behind "tough love."

Some of my family members are deeply, irrevocably generous. They apply no discernment whatsoever to who receives their help, funds, etc. On a related note, they wouldn't do what the people in your story did...

But, what happens is that they become targeted by people who simply want to take advantage and bleed them dry.

What happens then, is that when someone comes along who is truly in need, there is simply nothing left to give.

I always like to think of it like an investment. While I tend towards politeness and understanding as a habit, I only genuinely "help" those that I feel will not only appreciate it, but use it as a stepping stone to learn and grow themselves.

I really only try to "pass it on" to those who will "pass it on" themselves. Seems to work for me, at least those years ago when I had the ability to do it.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I didn't think they could actually ask you for money.
Maybe I'm mistaken but in Canada, i never get asked for donations.

They set up shop outside the mall or somewhere and have their donation spiel written on a board and the money can is in plain view.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

That video was a hoot, Thanks for sharing !

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttropia

I felt nice and gave an old man hitch hiking a ride 20 miles of his homeless walk across Oklahoma. But, that is different I figure. Sad thing is he had been walking for several hours and not gotten an offer to ride. Before you say "That's not safe.". Its Oklahoma, I was plenty safe.

That WAS very nice of you, and he was grateful...you didn't force the ride on him.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Every now and then I will just walk up to some random stranger on the street and punch em as hard as I can right in the face. I know it's bad karma but it makes me feel better. If I'm really angry I'll vote Republican.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite

I think most people agree that if you just let the traffic flow instead of stopping to let someone out, or go, traffic flows better. I too will wait till I'M COMFORTABLE to cross traffic. After all, I'm the one who will get hit if I make a mistake. I get "bitchy" once in a while, and while I've tried for a very long time to figure out why, that answer alludes me so far. When I get that way, nice people don't bother me, stupid people do. And I too get the "guilt" my mother gave me when I don't have any cash to put in the Salvation Army bucket. Seems we have a lot in common.

Yeah, I think you have that right, it was more the stupidity of these 2 "nice" people who where insisting on making me a participate of their "niceness"....and for sure my own "guilt" made me feel bad for feeling "bitchy" toward them for being stupid !

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join