It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sensing Death

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: SevenOfNine

I know this was addressed to DexterRiley, but I noticed you said “calling people like him “sensatives”?” and it looks like “him” was referring to me? I just felt it necessary to point out that I’m female.

I'm glad you answered that question. I've been watching a lot of Star Trek:Voyager reruns lately. And I was really hoping that a lady was behind the screen name "SevenOfNine." Imaging a guy dressed like Seven just wasn't working for me.

-dex

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: LtFluffyCakes96
So far as I’ve read your replies with the original poster, you seem to know exactly what your talking about and what you wanna know? I can tell you as much as i know? I believe that i read it in one of your comments calling people like him “sensatives”? I don’t mind but i without certainty know that I am a sensitive. Goes without a doubt ha. But anyways if you’d like some of your questions answered and In more detail just let me know!!a reply to: DexterRiley

I'd be interested in knowing a little more about your experiences and capabilities. I've met a few people who are "sensitives." Everybody has a different take on it.

How do the "signs" tie into your ability to sense the death period?

-dex

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

This stuff happens to me too. When I was a bit younger, I started to kind of freak out thinking that perhaps it is not foreseeing as much as causing it! Like the chicken or the egg question, I started flipping it around in my head; which is the cause and which is the effect?? Did it happen because I saw it in my mind and that made it happen?

As I got older, it seemed the sensitivity widened, to include things happening very far away from me, to people I don't know. I sometimes think it is like being tuned in to the collective subconscious, and the deeper it goes, the wider the collective. Like there's a collective "pool" for your family, then your community below that, perhaps then your whole nationality or culture, on to all of humanity below that....

Though I worry a little less about being the cause of something that happens (especially far from me to people I don't know) I still wonder how much influence or impact might potentially be possible. If your mind reaches into these depths, can what you think and feel also color or dilute it? I don't know.

But if you just need some sense that you aren't crazy and alone, know that you are not.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma

This stuff happens to me too. When I was a bit younger, I started to kind of freak out thinking that perhaps it is not foreseeing as much as causing it! Like the chicken or the egg question, I started flipping it around in my head; which is the cause and which is the effect?? Did it happen because I saw it in my mind and that made it happen?

As I got older, it seemed the sensitivity widened, to include things happening very far away from me, to people I don't know. I sometimes think it is like being tuned in to the collective subconscious, and the deeper it goes, the wider the collective. Like there's a collective "pool" for your family, then your community below that, perhaps then your whole nationality or culture, on to all of humanity below that....

Though I worry a little less about being the cause of something that happens (especially far from me to people I don't know) I still wonder how much influence or impact might potentially be possible. If your mind reaches into these depths, can what you think and feel also color or dilute it? I don't know.

But if you just need some sense that you aren't crazy and alone, know that you are not.

I do somewhat understand the guilt that comes with it, though not quite the same way. I've never considered that I may cause the things I see to come to pass, but I imagine that is born simply from the fact that many of the things that happen are not things I could have possibly been responsible for. If they were I can see how that might lead one to believe they were the cause though. You have my sympathy. My guilt comes from a lack of ability to prevent things. Something I rarely tell anybody is the fact that I still feel guilty and responsible for not being able to save the family member that died of mrsa. Even though I know I did everything I could have to try to convince him not to go at the time I still think "there had to be something I could have done! It is my fault!"...

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

My concern wasn't born of things I could have impact on a priori it is more the concern about the power of thought. If we can see or sense things before they happen, can we influence events with thought??

Just how creative is our consciousness??

I foresaw that one of my parents was going to die, but wasn't clear which one. I came to the conclusion it must be my father, because he is much older than my mother. I was so anxious about it, my husband said, "Why don't you write him a letter, say everything you would want him to know, in case it happens?"
My letter (this was before we had internet and emails!) arrived at their home while they were on vacation -during which my mother died. He got it when he got back.

He says he came home thinking about suicide after death, until he read my letter and it reminded him he has other reasons to live!

Perhaps we just cannot change the destiny of others if it is not part of their soul plan...

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I'd say really all of our interactions are a matter of perspective. Our senses receive stimuli and we perceive them, then parse them into a cohesive picture based on past experiences.

The trick, then, is in determining what spurred the perception and attempting to align what is really happening versus what we perceive to be happening. Our ability to perceive the relative movement of objects (time) will undoubtedly change based on what we are actively perceiving.

Interestingly, to me at least, is the opposing opinions that because our perception is inherently limited that those things either don't exist outside of our perception, or that we somehow "create" the things we perceive (I.e. some act under the notion that science or math are original and novel, rather than being representative tools of things that have been since long before humans existed). Arguably, both are pretty well planted in hubris, but not necessarily as a negative since the inherently unique perspective leads to creations that actually are novel.

A large shift relative to our frame of reference, like a death, are likely to be perceivable before the event. There is actually a precedent for it, based on what we know about relativity (which is pretty darn cool). I'd say an even more interesting line of questioning is the mechanism that enables it, and if it is a learnable, trainable trait.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join