It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sensing Death

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Its something I've been wondering about and experiencing for years. I'll start by saying that I'm fairly certain I'm psychic to some degree though I've never actively pursued developing psychic abilities. It has happened several times where I've actively caught glimpses of the future or the past. The earliest instance I can recall was in elementary school around 4th grade. The night before I had had an odd dream in which I was at school and one of my classmates ended up going home with a nosebleed. The next day, it actually happened. The same classmate ended up going home from school due to a nosebleed.
Two other instances occurred during the day. These were a little different. It was like a scene playing out while I watch through a fisheye lens. The first I'll mention was a glimpse of the past. I was at most 11 at the time and going to the store with my parents. On our way there we drove past an old and obviously abandoned house. Being one of many abandoned buildings around where I live it never really caught my attention and I never thought much of it. It was just something I saw for a second as we passed it by on the way to the store. This time was different, however. As the house crossed my line of sight I was suddenly looking at it when it was newer and actually had a front door, with an old car in the drive and a man walking across the porch. It was a short glimpse but it had me rattled and to this day I've not forgotten it. The next instance I'll talk about was similar and happened only a year or so ago. I was sitting at my computer chatting with a friend online when it was again like I was looking through a fish eye lens. I was watching my screen as I had been but the conversation I was having was a little further along, and sure enough when it ended the next thing that appeared in the chat box was the exact same as what I had just seen.
The most startling thing, and the title of this thread, is that I seem to always know when somebody is going to die. I do not actually see anything and I never know what is wrong. It is just a feeling, like an overwhelming sense of dread. Unfortunately, I only seem the get the feeling after the individual has passed the point of no return, so the speak, when they have made a decision or already begun something that means that death is inevitable and can not be prevented. or moments before.
A long while back when I was 12, a few months away from 13, a close family member decided to get a surgery that his doctor told him would add ten years to his life, maybe more. He agreed and they worked out scheduling it. I didn't want him to go. Everybody else was excited and told him "that's great" but I insisted it was a bad idea. There was something nagging at the back of my mind about it, though it was not the full blown dread quite yet. He kept the appointment and I stayed at his place the night before he was supposed to leave. Now, being an almost-teenager that did not have school at the time I rarely got up before noon, but that day I found myself waking up as the sun was rising and desperately checking around for my family member. That all consuming feeling of dread was there. I found him walking down the hall of his building to the parking lot and tried desperately to get him to change his mind, to not go through with it, but he did anyway. He came back in time to celebrate my brother's and my birthdays and for a while he seemed happy and fine but I could not shake the dread. A few months after he came back he was in the ICU and died. He had contracted mrsa from the surgery.
My mother died last year. She had had cancer and had been going through chemo and radiation treatment. She was telling everybody that she was going into remission. Something seemed off but for the sake of avoiding another argument with her I didn't say anything. I saw her maybe once a week at that point anyway. She never really acted any differently. She never gave any real indication that something was wrong. I would spend the night over her place to help out with my siblings occasionally when asked and it was one of those days that it happened. I had arrived as usual with my over night back and laptop and settled into the silence that qualified as "quality family time" in that house. The ominous sense of dread was present from the moment I woke up, even before arriving there and it persisted the whole while. I knew something would go wrong, and soon enough something did. We had to call an ambulance to take my mother to the hospital. While she was away I busied myself with cleaning her house, a small measure of showing I cared, and when she was brought back she was pretty out of it due to the medicine they gave her. So, she slept on the couch and the paramedic instructed my brother to call immediately if there were any more problems. The feeling of dread just got worse and worse as the minutes ticked by then. It got to a point where I was feeling physically ill, like I would hurl. I had to get out of there. I couldn't stand it anymore and the one overarching thought on my mind was that I needed to get out. So I went home. I was told in the morning that my mother had returned to the hospital late in the night and died shortly after arriving. Apparently, she had stopped going to her treatments and the cancer ended up spreading.
After my mother died I was left with her cat. He had already been to our house a few times before so it was an easy transition for him to make and our cats were not as combative as they had been the first time. Now, he was a lazy, friendly and lovable ball of fur. He wasn't one for hiding and eating was one of his favorite hobbies. I started worrying about him more and more a few months back, not really knowing why. At that point he was not acting any differently and I had no logical reason to worry. Still, I paid more attention to him and kept a closer eye on him. After a while I noticed he had lost some weight, not too much but enough to be noticeable. And he was becoming more distant. My room mate dismissed it and assured me there was nothing to worry about, but something still felt wrong. Over time my cat became exceedingly distant to the point where he was hiding away for hours on end leaving me to search the entire house for him. The sense of something wrong developed into that sense of dread and I came home one night last month knowing I needed to find him. We searched and searched and eventually found him and my heart just dropped. I knew what the dread meant after experiencing it so many times but I still clung to him and begged him not to die. The vet would not be open until the next day and he was not nearly warm enough. He was still somewhat responsive so my room mate had said we would observe him for a day or two before taking him to the vet, that he would be fine. Disregarding my room mate we took him to the vet the next day. He died.
Those three occurrences highlight the point of this thread, though there are plenty of others I could have included as well. I've lost alot of people over the years. While being psychic is something I see many people wishing for, this is one of those times when you learn that its not all its not all its cracked up to be. Sensing when people are soon to die is unpleasant in and of itself, but knowing that there is nothing that can be done to stop it is even worse.
So, thoughts? Explanations? Any ideas on how to make it stop?

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SevenOfNine

Death is irrelevant. All live on within the collective.

We are Borg, we are immortal.

On an even more serious note, I feel time is extremely funky. I'm not one that buys into it being merely a human construct, more of an abstraction or representative notion.

In that, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we can become aware of these relative movements outside of our current frame of reference.

Even in the thought experiment of someone being sucked into a black hole, it raises some fascinating implications when observed from outside that frame of reference.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

My aunt is the same as you. She has dreams when people (family) are going to die. We are very close. She is like my sister really as we were brought up together and are a similar age. My aunt is very psychic. If you would like to know more then message me if you are feeling bad about it. I don't like to discuss her in public too much.

My aunt has had a troubled life. She was diagnosed with schizophrenia many years ago. She is a very wonderful soul and dear to me.

I have even told her that if she dreams of me dying she is not to tell me, lol.

There are special people around like you. I believe EVERY WORD you have written as I know my aunt is like this, too. It could almost have been her writing your thread.

I really like your name here; great character from Voyager.

Take good care now.

edit on 15-11-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

My father died of Sepsis. It was miserable to watch. When he was close to death it was awful.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
Death is irrelevant. All live on within the collective.

We are Borg, we are immortal.

None of us invented human sexuality. Maybe every aspect of the human mind we think is unique to us is actually shared by everyone. We may actual ALL be of the exact same mind, and therefore, immortal. Once our ego delusions die we are born again as an immortal in that our mind lives on in the human race.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

During your premonitions, or within some period of time after death, have you ever noticed any out of place insects or animals?

-dex

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley

During your premonitions, or within some period of time after death, have you ever noticed any out of place insects or animals?

-dex

Could you be a little more specific? What do you mean by "out of place"?

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Too painful to read the great block of text - can you break it up a bit?

My eyeballs are crossing.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

Too painful to read the great block of text - can you break it up a bit?

My eyeballs are crossing.

Thanks.

Apologies, but it won't let me edit. I apparently exceeded the time limit.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SevenOfNine

-dex

I guess that's what I'm asking. As a sensitive, do you sense anything out of the ordinary about the environment around you.

For instance, a dragonfly suddenly appears in the house in the middle of Winter far from any lake or pond; buzzing around a light bulb.

Or, you might briefly notice a different type of bird that you hadn't see in a long time; and sense that the bird has a certain intention about its actions.

It could also be a change in the appearance or actions of inanimate object.

In other words, you'll know it when you see/feel/sense it.

-dex

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

-dex

I guess that's what I'm asking. As a sensitive, do you sense anything out of the ordinary about the environment around you.

For instance, a dragonfly suddenly appears in the house in the middle of Winter far from any lake or pond; buzzing around a light bulb.

Or, you might briefly notice a different type of bird that you hadn't see in a long time; and sense that the bird has a certain intention about its actions.

-dex

Occasionally. We get moths around our home and at one point we got a very different one from the usual kind. its appearance did not sit well with me. The frogs outside behave oddly sometimes. The objects in my home malfunction at the weirdest times and the light in my room will spontaneously burn out long before it should. Though, I am pretty sure my house is haunted so I attribute some of the weird stuff that happens here to that. I see alot of freaky things though, around my home, around my town, with "out of place" objects and animals being probably the most normal of the things I have witnessed or experienced. Even shadows that move in ways they probably should not be moving and murmuring voices in the next room that quiet when I go to investigate I consider rather par for the course by now.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

-dex

-dex

Occasionally. We get moths around our home and at one point we got a very different one from the usual kind. its appearance did not sit well with me. The frogs outside behave oddly sometimes. The objects in my home malfunction at the weirdest times and the light in my room will spontaneously burn out long before it should. Though, I am pretty sure my house is haunted so I attribute some of the weird stuff that happens here to that. I see alot of freaky things though, around my home, around my town, with "out of place" objects and animals being probably the most normal of the things I have witnessed or experienced. Even shadows that move in ways they probably should not be moving and murmuring voices in the next room that quiet when I go to investigate I consider rather par for the course by now.

Interesting. When you sense these anomalies, does that affect your premonitions? Either consciously, or unconsciously, do you think they play some part in creating the apprehension that you feel when someones death is approaching?

I'm not questioning your abilities. I'm just curious about your experiences.

-dex

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I doubt that you can make it stop. There is a very real feel to death, as far as that goes. My grandmother died when I was very young, first grade, and I dreamed about it beforehand. Spending the night at the grandparents' house, I dreamed she and I were there, and it was foggy all around. Then a grey hooded figure was moving us apart, and I couldn't reach her. I woke up screaming, and it took her forever to get me settled back down. Another time, driving around one night with the parents, we came to the site of a ca accident. Before they even got out to see what had happened, I knew someone had died. I could just feel it. All you can do is perhaps let people know, but you might not be able to change anything. Not something that happens often with me, thankfully, because I wouldn't want to deal with that! I did believe my dad was going to die early, from something, for years before he was diagnosed with cancer. Knew when they said that it was terminal, before they stated it was.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

-dex

-dex

Interesting. When you sense these anomalies, does that affect your premonitions? Either consciously, or unconsciously, do you think they play some part in creating the apprehension that you feel when someones death is approaching?

I'm not questioning your abilities. I'm just curious about your experiences.

-dex

Not generally, no. More often than not the bizarre occurrences have me curious, annoyed or just mildly confused, not apprehensive. The anomalies seem to be completely separate from the premonitions, mutually exclusive so to say.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Normally I find premonitions comforting since I see it as a "practice" for the actual event.

Yours are different tho an I can see where you'd find it unpleasant? If that's the right word? Mine are "hit and miss" as I don't have any control over what I get to see ahead of time.

My latest was one of a co-worker who caused a industrial accident by hitting storage racks with a forklift. In the premonition the racks and lighting were different than in the actual event altho in both, the premonition & the actual event I was too physically close and had to dive outta the way.

Couple of days later sure enough they had a freak accident with another overhead piece of equipment and I was right there. Dove outta the way an was fine. I was rather shocked cause it was a very quick turnaround between both the premonition and the actual event.

Honestly I'd passed the premonition off as just a "probable" but not written in stone. I was wrong! People will say that "the veil is thinning" or things are quickening, but I don't believe that. Just not feeling it. THEY may be more aware, but for the rest of us that have always been, the world is the same as it's always been.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I experience a similar sort of thing. Unfortunately me “feelings” happen at the exact same time or just minutes before something bad is happening - even though it is happening far away from me and I shouldn’t be aware of it. Doesn’t do me much good because it doesn’t happen before hand only at the exact same time as something happens. I might have a few brief glimpses beforehand (dreams) but I can’t really distinguish them from other dreams until after the even happens.

The feeling of watching something through a fish eye was an interesting way of describing it. I feel as if instead of living life real time I am actually watching a slow-motion movie. Everything is slows down just a bit and things sound a bit louder and I get a panicked feeling. I know what is about to happen, I know what mechanism of death is involved, I know general setting of where it is happening. I get an overwhelming feeling that I should be stopping it. I get the feeling at the exact moment that the event is happening (no premonition).

I had a relative commit suicide. I sensed it happening at the time it happened - without being told. This was someone I hadn’t had communication with in over a year.

I have also had it happen 1 time with a large number of people unrelated to me dying (in same state but far away).

The feeling of the world being “off” a bit as these things happen is what strikes me the most.

The first thing that always pops into my head is that someone has just altered the timeline of the world. It has the feeling of a taped show skipping just a bit before it settles back into place. I’m probably correlating this to an error in the timeline from science fiction TV shows depicting how a timeline-paradox would impact the world.

I don’t really believe that the time-line was altered - just trying my best to explain what the slow-motion hyper sensory effect feels like when it happens.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Note: I do have one mental picture that I get repeatedly.

There are two glass buildings that sit near a hotel that I stay in whenI travel to Uniondale, Long Island. They are really pretty curved class office buildings. When I look at them half the time I “see” an image them and they look really old with all the glass broken out of the front of the building. I don’t know if I pull this image because these two buildings have been used as a setting for some old movie I have seen (cgi alteration)...or if it is because it means something. I don’t get the slow-motion effect when I see them this way so I just attribute what I am seeing to my imagination. You know the TV shows that show what the world would look like 500 or 1000 years after mankind no longer exists? I probably pulled the image from one of those shows. Just crazy how the older image is what pops into my mind every single time I see them.

That is the crazy thing - when you sometimes know something is happening you do have to learn to sort those feelings from just regular every day stuff. From my experiences I have reassured myself that no slow-motion / hyper-awareness means it isn’t really happening...no need to worry.

a reply to: Buvvy

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
So far as I’ve read your replies with the original poster, you seem to know exactly what your talking about and what you wanna know? I can tell you as much as i know? I believe that i read it in one of your comments calling people like him “sensatives”? I don’t mind but i without certainty know that I am a sensitive. Goes without a doubt ha. But anyways if you’d like some of your questions answered and In more detail just let me know!!a reply to: DexterRiley

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

On an even more serious note, I feel time is extremely funky. I'm not one that buys into it being merely a human construct, more of an abstraction or representative notion.

In that, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we can become aware of these relative movements outside of our current frame of reference.

Even in the thought experiment of someone being sucked into a black hole, it raises some fascinating implications when observed from outside that frame of reference.

I’ve always considered time to be a matter of perception.

originally posted by: Revolution9

My aunt is the same as you. She has dreams when people (family) are going to die. We are very close. She is like my sister really as we were brought up together and are a similar age. My aunt is very psychic. If you would like to know more then message me if you are feeling bad about it. I don't like to discuss her in public too much.

My aunt has had a troubled life. She was diagnosed with schizophrenia many years ago. She is a very wonderful soul and dear to me.

I have even told her that if she dreams of me dying she is not to tell me, lol.

There are special people around like you. I believe EVERY WORD you have written as I know my aunt is like this, too. It could almost have been her writing your thread.

I really like your name here; great character from Voyager.

Take good care now.

I would love to hear more. Unfortunately the site says I can not send private messages.

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

I doubt that you can make it stop. There is a very real feel to death, as far as that goes. My grandmother died when I was very young, first grade, and I dreamed about it beforehand. Spending the night at the grandparents' house, I dreamed she and I were there, and it was foggy all around. Then a grey hooded figure was moving us apart, and I couldn't reach her. I woke up screaming, and it took her forever to get me settled back down. Another time, driving around one night with the parents, we came to the site of a ca accident. Before they even got out to see what had happened, I knew someone had died. I could just feel it. All you can do is perhaps let people know, but you might not be able to change anything. Not something that happens often with me, thankfully, because I wouldn't want to deal with that! I did believe my dad was going to die early, from something, for years before he was diagnosed with cancer. Knew when they said that it was terminal, before they stated it was.

Even if its not possible to make it stop there at least should be some way to make it less painful, do you think?

originally posted by: Caver78
Normally I find premonitions comforting since I see it as a "practice" for the actual event.

Yours are different tho an I can see where you'd find it unpleasant? If that's the right word? Mine are "hit and miss" as I don't have any control over what I get to see ahead of time.

My latest was one of a co-worker who caused a industrial accident by hitting storage racks with a forklift. In the premonition the racks and lighting were different than in the actual event altho in both, the premonition & the actual event I was too physically close and had to dive outta the way.

Couple of days later sure enough they had a freak accident with another overhead piece of equipment and I was right there. Dove outta the way an was fine. I was rather shocked cause it was a very quick turnaround between both the premonition and the actual event.

Honestly I'd passed the premonition off as just a "probable" but not written in stone. I was wrong! People will say that "the veil is thinning" or things are quickening, but I don't believe that. Just not feeling it. THEY may be more aware, but for the rest of us that have always been, the world is the same as it's always been.

Unpleasant can be the right word, but it feels like an understatement. The feelings get intense enough to cause physical or emotional distress. I’m curious, how would you describe how it feels while you are having a premonition? Do you experience the emotions witnessed in them or are those more distant?

originally posted by: LtFluffyCakes96
So far as I’ve read your replies with the original poster, you seem to know exactly what your talking about and what you wanna know? I can tell you as much as i know? I believe that i read it in one of your comments calling people like him “sensatives”? I don’t mind but i without certainty know that I am a sensitive. Goes without a doubt ha. But anyways if you’d like some of your questions answered and In more detail just let me know!!a reply to: DexterRiley

I know this was addressed to DexterRiley, but I noticed you said “calling people like him “sensatives”?” and it looks like “him” was referring to me? I just felt it necessary to point out that I’m female.

posted on Nov, 17 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I thought I sometimes dream of possible futures but if I recognize Deja vu's from my dreams, I am able to change things.

I am curious if I will get another vision of death when an older relative eventually dies. I once imagined seeing death although I was trying to sleep, where I saw Death a real tornado was approaching the house I was trying to sleep in. Death was coming for me. I prayed and got spared. Death was not alone.

I had other dreams involving Death but in one Death was female instead of male and different. No one could see Death except me. Death had a trick up her sleeve. When we touched, we switched places. My clothes changed and I became Death. I also became invisible to everyone around. Apparently only targets or victims can see death in my dream.
I understood my dream meant I shouldn't point out everything to others or I might get too involved myself.
edit on 17/11/17 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join