It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers seize Zimbabwe state broadcaster, anti-Mugabe coup talk intensifies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   
It looks like the end of the Mugabe regime might be in sight and thus end the suffering of the Zimbabwean people.

It's unclear exactly what the situation is at the exact moment but it does look like a military coup.

HARARE - Soldiers deployed across the Zimbabwe capital Harare and seized the state broadcaster on Wednesday after 93-year-old President Robert Mugabe’s ruling Zanu-PF party accused the head of the military of treason, prompting frenzied speculation of a coup.

Just 24 hours after military chief General Constantino Chiwenga threatened to intervene to end a purge of his allies in Mugabe’s Zanu-PF, a Reuters reporter saw armoured personnel carriers on main roads around the capital.

Aggressive soldiers told passing cars to keep moving through the darkness. “Don’t try anything funny. Just go,” one barked at Reuters on Harare Drive.
Source

However

There’s uncertainty around the political situation in Zimbabwe with the army denying reports of a coup while confirming its pursuing what it calls criminals around President Robert Mugabe.

Speculation about Harare’s fate was prompted by images of armoured vehicles driving towards the capital on Tuesday amid tensions within the ruling Zanu-PF.

An army spokesperson on Wednesday morning addressed Zimbabweans on state television confirming that Mugabe is safe and the government remains intact.

The spokesperson says the situation will return to normal once their mission is accomplished and has appealed for restraint from citizens. Zimbabwe’s army has urged other security forces to cooperate with its planned purge of criminals around Mugabe, warning that any provocation will be met with an appropriate response.
Source

Rumors are doing the rounds that the Mugabe family is now under "house arrest".
I hope they get rid of the cockroach once and for all. The People of Zimbabwe suffered enough.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf I really hope for the people that a better governing body takes form. But the truth is that there is a small chance of that. I really hope I am wrong though.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

Rumors are doing the rounds that the Mugabe family is now under "house arrest".
I hope they get rid of the cockroach once and for all. The People of Zimbabwe suffered enough.

AMEN ! Although I can think of several others in that part of the world who should follow being deposed.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   
The country has been a cluster f#ck ever since independence, quite how a good economical relative stable nation has ended up as it has today is shame, but then Haiti is in the same bracket...

If I was a betting man then I would not be putting money on a better future for these people...

RA

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Gemwolf

My concern is who will be the new leader? It better not be another Maximilian Robespierre.
edit on 11/15/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Hi Gemwolf, exciting stuff indeed.

I created a link abut this yesterday - its not showing in Recent though. Weird.

Original Thread

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   
So who is surrounding the radio / tv broadcast station? Thats who's in charge.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: deltaalphanovember
Hi Gemwolf, exciting stuff indeed.

I created a link abut this yesterday - its not showing in Recent though. Weird.

Original Thread

a reply to: deltaalphanovember

I'm going to move it to current events and close and redirect this thread.

top topics

join