It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Same-sex marriage survey: Australia says Yes to SSM

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzlesphere

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Typical! Absolutely bloody typical.

All you both can do is sling mud.

No application of thought ... nothing ... just call people names.

Sad it is. Typical though.

P

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
And in another 30 years we will have yet another inquiry into how children ended up, scared as hell, being raised by same sex couples after their parents died.

What does this have to do with same sex marriage?

Same sex couples can already adopt.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

We're all gay in America. All because the Supreme Court said gays can marry.

Slippery slope indeed.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
a reply to: links234

I'll be upfront - I have no problems with those of the same sex getting married. I am aware that this survey was in regards to marriage, and only marriage, but I am not so naive that only the homosexuals "win" this outcome. The entire community does.

LGB? That's fine. The other letters afterwards? That's going too far, and this paves the way.

Just my opinion, of course.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

It's a shame that we can't let people love whom they want.

Freedom, individuality, individual rights, should be universal.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Typical! Absolutely bloody typical.

All you both can do is sling mud.

No application of thought ... nothing ... just call people names.

Sad it is. Typical though.

P

No not slinging mud just pointing out the obvious.

Of course you missed that part as you are far too busy trying to force your opinion on everyone else.
edit on 14-11-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Im not 100 percent certain but believe phoenix is a psychologist who directly works with people effected by this sorta thing. So he may see a side of it the public generally doesnt.

As for me. Im not against gay marriage. my biological father was gay. When my parents were divorced i lived two weeks out of each month at my fathers with his husband/boyfriend. but the whole 15 billion genders and pronouns invented would be a slippery slope to me. Thats the crazyness i believe other posters talk about.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Right, well that goes a long way to explain why the member thinks they know best for everyone else.

Perhaps your right, I guess all we can do is ride the wave and see where we end up . Personally I don't see it as a slippery slope.

Not much is going to change other than these couples having a peice of paper that binds them as married.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Hey if people wanna get married i say let them.

Also keep in mind Australian culture is different from american. America has kinda gone off the rails culturally as of lately. Too polarized and self destructive. Caught up in too much ultimately inconsequential things. Australians are generally on a more even keel so it may not end up as 'slippery a slope' for them.

But it has gotten a bit much in my opinion here in america with invented pronouns genders people identifying as elves and animals and people trying to make their personal freedoms and rights supersede those of the common man/woman and everyone else.

Hopefully australia wont go that far and will keep things more egalitarian.

I generally have a live and let live mindset. As long as its not hurting or infringing on others i dont see any harm in gay marriage.

edit on 14-11-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

We're slowly becoming more like America though, which is troubling, you will know if we go full retard here if Pauline Hanson ever gets into the prime minister's position. Fingers crossed we don't go there.

I like the live and let live attitude , I agree as long as we're not hurting or infringing others I'm all for it.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I definitely agree pauline is a nut job. Not too easy on the eyes either.

I love the aussie sense of humor though 'were queensland the smart state'

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

No mud slinging or name calling from me, I just said you have a "bigoted opinion"... which you do.

There is no argument against same sex marriage that isn't bigoted, so just a statement of fact.

You seem emotional... why are you so emotionally invested in other people's life choices?

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Ps i know plenty of smart people from queensland. Just that none of them live in bogan logan or maryborough

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Ah my last post got a star! I see others know of what i speak!

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Also it's fun laughing at queenslanders, some even take it as far as hitting cane toads back over the Queensland border where they belong, especially around state of origin time.
edit on 14-11-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Hehe i get the joke.

Gotta admit though queensland from noosa to port Douglas. Bunya mts and kuranda. Whitsunday and daintree is a spectacularly gorgeous state.
edit on 14-11-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

It is not the majority at all.

Australian Population : 24 000 000+

People who voted: Roughly 12 500 500

YES voters : 7 million. That's about 28% of the population

So it works out to be around 62% of 65% of 100%

Not to mention the current state of the Liberals ATM,

They will not be elected next election. So that leaves Labour, and i i dare say Bill Shorten does not want it. It will be relinquished.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy

It is not the majority at all.

Australian Population : 24 000 000+

People who voted: Roughly 12 500 500

YES voters : 7 million. That's about 28% of the population

So it works out to be around 62% of 65% of 100%

Not to mention the current state of the Liberals ATM,

They will not be elected next election. So that leaves Labour, and i i dare say Bill Shorten does not want it. It will be relinquished.

There was an 80% return rate on the survey of eligible voters, that is considered a majority return and statistically viable.

Bill Shorten totally supports same-sex marriage, and it is Labor policy to support same-sex marriage as well.

www.sbs.com.au...

Federal Opposition Leader Bill Shorten wants same-sex marriage to be a reality within weeks after the 'yes' campaign won the national postal survey.

You are wrong.
edit on 14-11-2017 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

However, eligible voters are only around 16 million... and the 4 million that didn't vote either don't care one way or the other (so can be discounted), or would have a similar ratio of yes/no to the rest of the population.

So yes, it was a clear majority.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

No, obviously, children and those ineligible to vote should have voted as well. Clearly not a majority of people in Australia.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join