It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it Racist to Post Evidence of Crimes Done by Muslim Immigrants?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
i wanted to point this out because it is what a member wanted to claim, and apparently some members of the staff are claiming the same thing.

a reply to: JustMike

You are banging your head against the wall.

Those that keep on spurting this kind of factless nonsense do so because they are racist and thinks it allows them to be so without question.

the same types of people are the ones that argue that the UK is under sharia law because they read it on a US right wing website and argue with the people that live here and tell us we are lying.

Madness I tell you.

Do people really need to be reminded that "Islam is not a race"?...

Islam is a religion, and adherents of Islam are made up of many different races. Not to mention the fact that there are Arabs who are white, with blue eyes, and light hair.

Link

There are Muslims from every race in the world, so when stories are posted showing crimes made by Muslims,including immigrants, it does not make racists of those people posting these stories...

It seems that even this website has acquired the norm made by the Obama administration to ignore and dismiss attacks by Muslim radicals...

edit on 14-11-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment and Subject line.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I think you're getting hung up on semantics.

Some people hate people who are different from them, and use any excuse to justify that hatred.

Whatever word you think is more appropriate for that type of thinking/behavior... use it.

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Seems like a rhetorical question to find creative ways to justify prejudice?

+19 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I think you just want to ignore facts. You want to claim that people who will post crimes by Muslim immigrants hate all Muslim immigrants, just like claims made by people like you that those who are against illegal immigration hate all immigrants, which is also false.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Depends entirely on context. The vast majority of crimes in the US and Europe are committed by people who are at least culturally Christian yet there religion is rarely if ever mentioned.

Not sure why you choose that post to quote since it is accurate.

Happy to use the term bigot if you prefer, however I am confident that the roots of many anti Muslim posts are based on good old fashioned racism rather than any well thought out criticism of religion.

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
Seems like a rhetorical question to find creative ways to justify prejudice?

LOL... So tell me, people like myself have posted crimes done by democrats and republicans, does that mean I hate all democrats and all republicans?

Stop using the "race card" to justify the argument from your side to simply ignore such crimes...

This is similar to the claims that the United States is racist for not allowing illegal immigrants from Mexico, but when it is point out what Mexico does to illegal immigrants you all shut your lips, ignore those facts, and simply ignore responding when such questions are asked.

Stop hiding behind the "Race card" to simply impose your own opinions.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I think you're getting hung up on semantics.

One of the few remaining things we have left. I'm with the OP.

We have words but they lack the punch the "R"word encompasses. Usually people who think lower of others due to unspecified differences, would be called a bigot.

I thought we'd moved on anyway, and everyone was a white nationalist nazi, if they didn't agree with everything everyone ever said...

Some people hate people who are different from them, and use any excuse to justify that hatred.

Whatever word you think is more appropriate for that type of thinking/behavior... use it.

Pointing out the wrong usage of a word is not a thing to dismiss just because people are becoming lazy. However, pointing out a specific subsection of society that have been shown to be complacent in numerous vicious crimes, is not racist. It's not even bigotry.

We have no problem accusing outlaw bikers of being criminals, drug traffickers, violent, etc, based on the actions of a few... no one would get a free pass saying it's racist to target 1%'ers.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   

No. It is however bigotry to use instances of Muslims committing a crime to imply all Muslims are the same and should go back to where they came from. If a white person commits a crime, should they go back to which ever European country they've origined from? Should blacks go back to where ever if one of them commits a crime?

Pretty much self explanatory.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Facts are facts. A scientific fact itself isn't racist. The context, connotation, how it's used and what agenda it is trying to push, however, can be racist.

You can state a fact about a particular race and poverty in order to highlight a problem and raise awareness. You can also state that same fact to make it appear that race of people is inferior in some indirect way and should be feared/reviled or looked down upon.

There are people who like to hide their prejudice and racism by using facts. They seem to think others are to stupid to see through the little charade they're playing, and won't notice the actual message they're pushing.

So no, a "fact" is just a statement of gathered information. It's how facts are used that can make them "racist" or prejudiced.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

If I were to start posting examples of people using guns to hurt other people (and there are HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of examples) in order to push for gun restrictions, what response do you think I'd get from gun rights activists? Maybe something like, don't blame all of us law abiding gun owners for what criminals do in order to push your agenda?

Yeah, it's like that, only with pushing an agenda against Muslims.

There are bad people of all different races/religions/nationalities/ideologies. Why focus so much on the Muslim?

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Im going to say it depends on the story. If they do something and happen to be Muslim then your attacking the religion otherwise why mention it? Now if the story involves his religion by saying god is great. Well then the religion is relevant and thats fine. Telling me some muslim committed some crime in an effort to change my opinion of Islam when its not relevant is wrong. Your just promoting hate

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   

What evidence?

Your taking mikes comment out of context, you don't have evidence, you don't live in Europe and I'm betting you have never even been there.

You're evidence is blogs and news reports, sorry but if you had at least one bit of tangible evidence I would consider scrutinizing it, sad reality is you have nothing but paranoid ramblings.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   

You are literally using textbook examples of an "appeal to extremes" and "slippery slope" logical fallacy all rolled into one in your "argument".

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   
This thread is nothing more than a bait to get people like myself to reply, and then the OP can feel "attacked" and then go on the offense about how we're all the "SJW-PC-liberal-thought police" or whatever.

I've said what I've thought was useful, so I'm out. I suggest not letting yourselves get bogged down -- as it's clear that the OP is asking a rhetorical question and their mind is already made up.

Minds won't be changed through this discussion.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

No. It is however bigotry to use instances of Muslims committing a crime to imply all Muslims are the same and should go back to where they came from. If a white person commits a crime, should they go back to which ever European country they've origined from? Should blacks go back to where ever if one of them commits a crime?

Pretty much self explanatory.

Those are my thoughts on the matter, too. If you're white and a white dude rapes and kills a 9 year old and you just think he's a sick individual but when an "other" does it you apply it to a whole group to justify why you think less of them you're a bigot.

And to be fair I don't think a lot of them are aware of what they are.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

See this kind of "Apologist" attitude hides facts, the facts are one particular race has a penchant for crime and the imprisonment statistics prove that beyond any shadow of doubt but you try and muddy the water with that garbage you just wrote. It seems we are living in an age where the lie is more important to some people than the truth.
edit on 14-11-2017 by mazzroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Why not admit that the vast majority of Muslims are peaceful and harmless, and that attempting to ban all Muslims is nothing but hateful, and won't even solve the problem of terrorism?

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: mazzroth
a reply to: PistolPete

See this kind of "Apologist" attitude hides facts, the facts are one particular race has a penchant for crime and the imprisonment statistics prove that beyond any shadow of doubt but you try and muddy the water with that garbage you just wrote. It seems we are living in an age where the lie is more important to some people than the truth.

Ya, see you're a bigot. lol

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

Another fact is that a particular gender has a penchant for mass shootings. Whatcha think about that? Facts are facts.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Why not admit that the vast majority of Muslims are peaceful and harmless, and that attempting to ban all Muslims is nothing but hateful, and won't even solve the problem of terrorism?

Because people like you who are unaware of the Islamic Agenda need to be taken to task for being stupid and naive, it has nothing to do with hate and everything to do with preserving our very way of life. You have no idea what has happened in Spain, France and now Germany...I will give you some advice, go and listen to Bill Warner on youtube and come back and talk in here. Islam is invading the West and the facts are there for all to see.

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join