It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sessions directs prosecutors to 'evaluate certain issues' involving Uranium One and Clinton...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
NBC news piles one:

WASHINGTON — Attorney General Jeff Sessions has ordered senior federal prosecutors to evaluate whether a special counsel should be appointed to investigate concerns raised by Republicans, including alleged unlawful dealings by the Clinton Foundation and the sale of a uranium company, according to a document obtained Monday by NBC News.

NBC News reported last month that Robert Mueller, the special counsel investigating allegations of collusion between Russia and Donald Trump's presidential campaign, has expanded his inquiry to include alleged links between Russian interests and at least one Democrat, Tony Podesta, who was Clinton's campaign chairman.

The sharks smell blood in the water.

What is this feeding frenzy going to look like?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

They surely will not want another Comey Lynch situation,
this could be the one that finally reels in the big ones....

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Now we're getting someplace! No wonder Democrats have been so low-keyed in recent days. I guess the theory that Trump and Mueller are working together to get Hillary/Comey/Lynch/Obama/DNC, etc.. can now be put away?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Sounds good to me. I wonder if I should start a business and get classified to investigate this kind of stuff. I bet you could make enough in one year to retire for the rest of your life. Oh, that's right, I am already retired, what the hell am I thinking.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Tonight, liberals are scouring the bowels of the internet to find reasons why Jeff Sessions should NOT appoint a Special Prosecutor to investigate Hillary's alleged crimes and improprieties.

Example - From Keith Boykin's Twitter: twitter.com...

Excerpt:

Chuck Grassley asks: "Do You intend to recuse yourself from both the Clinton email investigation and any matters involving the Clinton Foundation, if there are any?"

Jeff Sessions: "Yes."

Stated During A.G. Jeff Sessions Confirmation Hearings, Jan. 10, 2017

Scared Liberals = Lots to hide and Lots to lose.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Monday, November 13, 2017

Democrats sent A.G. Jeff Sessions a letter last week, describing what they want answers to, at his interrogation..err.. appearance before an investigative panel tomorrow. (Live C-Span 10am Eastern)

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions will face a barrage of questions from Democrats in the House of Representatives on Tuesday over whether he lied about communications between President Donald Trump’s election campaign and Russian representatives.

Sessions is due to testify before the House Judiciary Committee for a routine oversight hearing, but Democrats on the panel will grill him about a series of statements he made to the Senate Judiciary Committee, in which he denied knowing about meetings between campaign aides and Russians.

“We intend to ask you about these inconsistencies,” the committee’s Democratic members said in a Nov. 7 letter to Sessions, who has recused himself from investigations into the conclusions of U.S. intelligence agencies that Moscow meddled in the 2016 U.S. election to help then-Republican candidate Donald Trump’s campaign. “We are providing you notice in advance because we expect you to respond.”
Source: www.reuters.com...

What can Democrats say to Attorney General Sessions tomorrow that might dissuade him from assigning a Special Prosecutor to investigate Hillary/Comey/Lynch/Bill, et al.?

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
NBC news piles one:

WASHINGTON — Attorney General Jeff Sessions has ordered senior federal prosecutors to evaluate whether a special counsel should be appointed to investigate concerns raised by Republicans, including alleged unlawful dealings by the Clinton Foundation and the sale of a uranium company, according to a document obtained Monday by NBC News.

NBC News reported last month that Robert Mueller, the special counsel investigating allegations of collusion between Russia and Donald Trump's presidential campaign, has expanded his inquiry to include alleged links between Russian interests and at least one Democrat, Tony Podesta, who was Clinton's campaign chairman.

The sharks smell blood in the water.

What is this feeding frenzy going to look like?

Rofl, why did you hack up the quote that to make it seem like they said Tony was Clinton's campaign chairman?

The article mentions John was the campaign chairman and Tony was a lobbyist... Trying to conflate the two for political points?

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
4h4 hours ago

I will be making a major statement from the @WhiteHouse upon my return to D.C. Time and date to be set.]/ex]

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Here's the letter

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdrayes now the morning media are attacking sessions by saying he promised to not go after hillary now they saying the president must have coerced sessions and they say it shows the doj is no longer a independent organization at beck and call of potus. hey abc news morons jeff sessions works for the president. just like holder and lynch worked for there president. sessions also said they might appoint a special prosecutor for clinton investigation.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

It must be, because nothing else makes sense.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Sealed indictments forthcoming !!

In other words, none of the sealed indictments you Trump followers have been salivating over have to do with Clinton. I wonder who will fall first? Tick tock....

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Tonight, liberals are scouring the bowels of the internet to find reasons why Jeff Sessions should NOT appoint a Special Prosecutor to investigate Hillary's alleged crimes and improprieties.

Example - From Keith Boykin's Twitter: twitter.com...

Excerpt:

Chuck Grassley asks: "Do You intend to recuse yourself from both the Clinton email investigation and any matters involving the Clinton Foundation, if there are any?"

Jeff Sessions: "Yes."

Stated During A.G. Jeff Sessions Confirmation Hearings, Jan. 10, 2017

Scared Liberals = Lots to hide and Lots to lose.

Let's put it this way: do you think it is a good idea for this administration to give Hillary Clinton the bully pulpit? Does Trump want to see his meager accomplishments eclipsed by a public recounting of Clinton's successes? Remember, the Obama administration was trying to make friends with Russia. They did a better job than Trump at that.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

It was so obviously in response to his bosses tweets just before he left for his trip.
Trumps sad sad lament that as president he's not allowed to tell the DOJ who to prosecute then tweets that sessions should do just that.

He's never going to get any special council to look at Clinton or this old debunked story about uranium.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

It's never going to happen for you. How sad...

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Attorney General Jeff Sessions testifies to the House Judiciary Committee on "Oversight of the Department of Justice."

Live stream

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The little garden gnome is getting ready to not say anything again.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

A lot like it has every time he testifies. I don't recall, I don't remember, I don't know and I've never.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Umm they're going to ask him why he lied about Russian contacts so many times. Based on Carter Page testimony last week we now know that sessions has lied several times.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Meanwhile back in the real world they are questioning him about the meeting with Papadopoulos where Papadopoulos said he had connections with Russia and could set up a secret meeting or maybe send a low level campaign member like Carter Page to keep a low profile.
And not about Clinton or uranium.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join