It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlanteans and The pyramids

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Hello ATS! I have spent the last 3 years of my life studying Ancient History and Classical Archeaology at University and I
Have started my Masters in Egyptology, as much as I love archeaology I could never keep a serious job down to me focusing on the pseudo archaeology more than the mainstream side. Maybe because my mind is too fanciful and imaginative for me to want to follow the boring
Propositions of scientists today or maybe because I feel like we where just as smart 4000 years ago as we are today, who says there wasn’t people
Smart enough to come up with forms of flying or electricity. I’m not saying it’s been done I just think we need to look outside the box more than hand tools and guessing working. Which leads me to my post.

I have studied Atlantis and it’s where abouts since the age of 16 and I have truly come to the assumption it excised, it is not fanciful to say there was an advanced Civilization that its demise was because all the atlanteans cared about was fame wealth and power. Sound familiar in today’s society?

I believe that they existed and although the catastrophe wiped out most of their race, I believe some have survived, this is why ancient cultures are so similar in their belliefs religions and structures because they where all taught this by a more advance civilization as it’s crazy to say that something like the pyramids can just pop up over night in ancient Egypt? Where is the history beforehand? Why is it capable to just create a pyramid of immense mathematical preciseness.

I believe although it’s far fetched that Edgar Cayce was right, about there being a hall of records under the Sphinx, that the atlanteans stored all their old history and teachings, maybe that’s why there is a debate on the sphinxes age? The water corosion theory, maybe it’s a lot older and was built by atlanteans, it is said that the Sphinx was originally a jackal which is why it’s head is disproportionate to its body, maybe it was changed? The jackal is the sign for Anubi keeper of the gateway for immortality, I know Anubis was an Egyptian god, but maybe this has been passed down through the atlanteans, who were said to live very long prosperous lives.

I don’t believe in these stupid alien 👽 theories but more focus on the side that there was an ancient civilization that showed them how to move 20 ton blocks from the quarry 200 Miles away to Giza. So easily. History teaches us that they built this pyramid in a time frame of 40 years and was for a tomb. But where is the mummy? Why would they ferry such big rocks over such a long distance for a tomb? Was there a higher purpose for this structure? I believe so If you would like me to post all of my research and findings over the last 3 years I will do but please ask what you would like to see.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: brandonforsyth11

Already finished with the Fishy gods? Or a fast learner? Next topic in an hour?

Anyway.. just kidding a curious mind is a blessing most of the time, good luck!
edit on 13-11-2017 by EartOccupant because: Chocorum

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

How do the Atlanteans relate to the Sumerians?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
do you have a comprehensive list of all ancient accounts of advanced beings showing up, teaching mankind, and then returning to the sea?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Most of us are "pseudo" archeologists here..

Atlanta, Pyramids, Fish Gods.

All been done before on ATS...

There are brilliant threads in the archives..

....Of course.... I'm always open to new info

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

Agreed!

And there are no bad questions.. only lousy answers!

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I keep seeing a massive chemistry set when I look at the Great Pyramid. Energy plant to produce Hydrogen or something. What is your take on the machine theory?

If smaller Pyramids had the same chambers and shafts, I would think they were making some lighter than air gas to fill bladders with for transportation.

If you could float a stone with a huge blimp.... Where would the material for such a vessel have ended up?
edit on 13-11-2017 by ttropia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Sorry to say but it tells you in the Bible. There were Giants on the Earth in those days.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

You're on the right track. There are many skeptics on this board that try to shoot down any and everything dealing with Atlantis, so don't let them discourage you.

I'm about 20 years deep into the Atlantis rabbit hole and am certainly willing to share my findings. But I'd love to see what you've found.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Sorry to say but it tells you in the Bible. There were Giants on the Earth in those days.

The "giants" had nothing to do with building the great pyramid.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: brandonforsyth11
Hello ATS! I have spent the last 3 years of my life studying Ancient History and Classical Archeaology at University and I
Have started my Masters in Egyptology,

Congratulations! Who's your prof? I studied under Joyce Tyldesley.

I believe that they existed and although the catastrophe wiped out most of their race, I believe some have survived, this is why ancient cultures are so similar in their belliefs religions and structures...

You might want to have a look again at ancient cultures and where they came from and re-examine what their beliefs were. And review the term, "race." (I'm surprised that you use the term in this manner. It would be unacceptable at my schools.)

because they where all taught this by a more advance civilization as it’s crazy to say that something like the pyramids can just pop up over night in ancient Egypt? Where is the history beforehand?

Did you not study Egypt? Ah well, they'll go over this in Egyptology. In detail. We had a year just of Old Kingdom material.

Why is it capable to just create a pyramid of immense mathematical preciseness.

Uhmm... they aren't, actually.

I believe although it’s far fetched that Edgar Cayce was right, about there being a hall of records under the Sphinx,

Did you not access the dig reports? You, of all people, should have easy access to those.

that the atlanteans stored all their old history and teachings, maybe that’s why there is a debate on the sphinxes age?

Have you read the history of the "idea"?

The water corosion theory, maybe it’s a lot older and was built by atlanteans,

Hopefully you'll get some art history along with the archaeology.

it is said that the Sphinx was originally a jackal which is why it’s head is disproportionate to its body, maybe it was changed?

It was never anything but what it is. And the limestone is too crumbly to do a jackal. The nose would fall off before you finished it.

The jackal is the sign for Anubi keeper of the gateway for immortality, I know Anubis was an Egyptian god, but maybe this has been passed down through the atlanteans, who were said to live very long prosperous lives.

Ooohboy. Egyptology is going to be a real eye-opener for you. Basically, however, the answer is "no." And the oldest mention of Anubis seems to be Pyramid Texts (200 years after Giza). However, there's Wepwauwet (shown on the Narmer palette) and Khentimentau.

I don’t believe in these stupid alien 👽 theories but more focus on the side that there was an ancient civilization that showed them how to move 20 ton blocks from the quarry 200 Miles away to Giza.

You'll learn about other monumental things the Egyptians built, including pyramids before Giza. Then it won't look so impossible.

So easily. History teaches us that they built this pyramid in a time frame of 40 years and was for a tomb.

Erk. Not sure where you're getting your "history" but 20 years is the timeframe and yes it's for a tomb.

But where is the mummy? Why would they ferry such big rocks over such a long distance for a tomb? Was there a higher purpose for this structure?

These answers are usually covered in the first semester of Egyptology (or they were in my first semester.)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttropia

I keep seeing a massive chemistry set when I look at the Great Pyramid. Energy plant to produce Hydrogen or something. What is your take on the machine theory?

I've been inside. It's not air tight and it's not perfect.

The idea that it's some sort of power plant/machine is illogical. Why spend 20 years building a huge stack of stone and an inaccessible chamber (it really is hard to get into and out of)? Machines and chemicals need to have easy access to put stuff (fuel, equipment, wires, etc) in and easy access to get stuff out (whatever product you're making.) Why go with such a bad design when you could do something far more simple and take less than 20 years to build it?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

I have a few questions please? Im not a pro so this is from what Ive gathered.

There seems to be a lack of Cat sphinxes in the funerary books, they do have Anubis. Would it not make sense to be Anubis guarding the tombs rather than a sphinx?

On the Pyramids being contemporary to pharaohs(tombs) why are there no carvings or cartouches of the Pharaohs who built it in them, while they are covering most of everything else they built for themselves? Moreover, are there really red paint hieroglyphs deep in the shafts that prove the construction date?

TY!

edit on 11132017 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Atlantis was a fictional creation of Plato, as for the link to the pyramids? I don't see it as the only Egyptian god that I can recall that is water based has the head of crocodile, the rest were Avian or mammalian.

As for the 'fish gods' I do know what you are talking about, but methinks it was a story spun by Mediterranean traders. In Egypt they were called Annedoti and Proteus, and the rest come from Greek and roman mythology like Nereus, Triton, and of course Neptune and Poseidon-the gods of the sea, but perhaps some of this mythology oroginated from Egypt.

Since you seem to be a fan of Crowley may the ruby star be with you.
edit on 13-11-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Don’t mean to be a dck lol but you have a master’s degree and don’t know how to spell? a reply to: brandonforsyth11

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I'm fascinated about the idea of Atlantis, but given the description of what Plato described; beyond the pillars of Hercules (Gibraltar rock), a land mass 400 miles across, consisting of three concentric rings of land, water canals. That really just about eliminates every potential location of existing islands. The only thing left would be the land mass of the UK. Somewhere like the Isle of Man would be surrounded by two land masses (Ireland and the UK).

Island cities have existed since the times of the Aztecs

www.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: lamphead444
Don’t mean to be a dck lol but you have a master’s degree and don’t know how to spell? a reply to: brandonforsyth11

About the only thing I can defend here is the fact that I know lots of profs who are lousy spellers too, so it really isn't germane to the conversation.
edit on 13-11-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: yes

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: ttropia

I've been inside. It's not air tight and it's not perfect.

The idea that it's some sort of power plant/machine is illogical. Why spend 20 years building a huge stack of stone and an inaccessible chamber (it really is hard to get into and out of)? Machines and chemicals need to have easy access to put stuff (fuel, equipment, wires, etc) in and easy access to get stuff out (whatever product you're making.) Why go with such a bad design when you could do something far more simple and take less than 20 years to build it?

www.bing.com...

what like the one Tesla had erected

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Good luck at uni buddy.

I will say that Egyptology and Archeology seem to be at odds over some rather important issues pertaining to the subject matter.

Certainly, an interesting topic and thread, let us see where it goes.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Even these alleged giants or 8-15ft tall Nephilim would be rather hard pressed to lift 1000 ton slabs and place them like some have been found to have been positioned

We would still be rather hard pressed to accomplish such tasks today, in some of the areas these ancient megastructures are located with our most sophisticated cranes.

Not suggesting Man was not responsible but tend to imagine the reference to giants being more about mental or technological capability rather than just size or prowess in battle.
edit on 13-11-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join