It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3500 Year Old Greek Masterpiece found on a thumb sized Agate

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Here we go again.
Please point out any slanderous remarks I've made in this thread.

Harte

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte
Here we go again.

Harte

Harte
i wasn't talking about you

The reply was too Peter Vlar

See the post its Directly too him ,

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Harte
Here we go again.

Harte

see this Link POST
www.abovetopsecret.com...

your not Peter Vlar are you ? with a Different Username ??

I wouldn't Believe so ..

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Apparently referring to someone as a smug fool is somehow slanderous. I thought it was simply pointing out the obvious based on the insistence of a Minoan presence in Britain despite providing no evidence of it and then creating a freight train driven by multiple straw men to prop up the narrative built around presupposition. So that's on me, not you. It's hrd to keep track of what's going on with the circular logic being invoked in this thread merely because poor Wolfenz is insisting there was a Minoan presence in Britain. There wasn't. You know it. I know it. Like you, I would have been interested in seeing something that supported the possibility because I enjoy learning new things.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

PeterV and Harte,

I was intentionally provacative in my terriblely worded statement. What I should have said is that there is strong evidence of a Minoan presence in Britain, of which I used to have a couple of interesting papers squirreled away.
But alas they were lost when my phone bricked last fall, and for the life of me I was not able to find any of them again.

The first paper detailed the transition from utilitarian forms to combative forms of everyday tools, such as daggers, spears and axes, around the Med basin into central Europe and Britain. This transition really accelerates during the later part of the third millenium into the second millenium BC, and advances on a general east to west and south to north trend, that generally follows same pattern as the spread of the agean goods.
Another paper dealt with a group of bronze age forts in southern England, whose construction type most resembles fortifacations found in sardinia.
Then there are the double headed axe reliefs carved into a stone at Stonehenge, several graves nearby have turned up Minoan daggers. (I personally think the axe relief may actually a representaion of a meteor fall), but there is another instance of the double headed axe motif in Britain somewhere.
Ceramics most closely resembleing Med. cheese strainers have turned up in southern england.

The idea that the Celts were drawn from the same dispersal out of the southeast into southwest Europe is also attractive because it explains readily the commonalities between Celtic and Italic languages; it also harmonizes with the relative lack of DNA "signals" that would link the inhabitants of Western Europe with those of Central Europe. It fits quite well into the emerging picture of Indo-European dispersals out of Southeastern Europe, with Italo-Celts being responsible for maritime pioneer colonization across the northern Mediterranean

Dienekes Blog

The "Italo-Celts" .ie, Tuscans were certainly a Minoan influncenced culture, and it is of interesting note that the Maritime Beaker culture moves backwards against the basic flow, from britain, to the atlantic coast of iberia then to the med. and to finally contribute to the pre etruscan Villanova culture.

The way I see it, the Minoans were businessmen, more than colonizers or conquerors, they provided the ships and the security manpower, through their mercenaries, to move goods to the eastern med, as long as you did it on their terms.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Punkinworks10, if it hadn't been you that posted it, I wouldn't even have asked for a link.

I've learned around here to be careful what you ask for! LOL

Harte

posted on Nov, 28 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: punkinworks10

Dienekes Blog

The "Italo-Celts" .ie, Tuscans were certainly a Minoan influncenced culture, and it is of interesting note that the Maritime Beaker culture moves backwards against the basic flow, from britain, to the atlantic coast of iberia then to the med. and to finally contribute to the pre etruscan Villanova culture. The way I see it, the Minoans were businessmen, more than colonizers or conquerors, they provided the ships and the security manpower, through their mercenaries, to move goods to the eastern med, as long as you did it on their terms.

Thank you Punkinworks..

for Clearing this Up for this Debate that has been going for Myself and Peter Vlar and Harte

I was More less Defending you when you Said Presence as My Take Meaning was Influence a Different Culture Adapted the Minoan Culture .. Apparently I wasn't Getting through With Peter Vlar and Harte more on Peter Vlars Part .. as I Knew what you ment .. if you look back at all my Debated Posts on this Thread.

as Peter Vlar thinks Im talking about the Minoan's themselves were in Britain.. Which i wasn't

that's interesting , Same in How Spain and Arabic Have similar meanings in words...

The idea that the Celts were drawn from the same dispersal out of the southeast into southwest Europe is also attractive because it explains readily the commonalities between Celtic and Italic languages; it also harmonizes with the relative lack of DNA "signals" that would link the inhabitants of Western Europe with those of Central Europe. It fits quite well into the emerging picture of Indo-European dispersals out of Southeastern Europe, with Italo-Celts being responsible for maritime pioneer colonization across the northern Mediterranean

Interesting similarities between Irish and Italian words
www.duolingo.com...
edit on 22017TuesdayfAmerica/Chicago11331 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

All Started ffrom this Post
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well seeing he said A Heavy Presence according too BBC he is right
.. well more less the Influence ,
and whos to say a Travel for Trade, Here and there

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Incredible! Everything about this just screams of powerful egotistical "Gods" that used to live among us/enslave us. I just feel like even the art, let alone the craftsmanship, is wayyyyy beyond its time.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Rocks like this are very common. It's simply unbelievable, yet true.

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jeep3r

That warrior to the right looks like an alien...

posted on Dec, 2 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: jeep3r
a reply to: soberbacchus

The intricate details are really finely crafted. According to the NatGeo article, the stone is 1.4 inches in length (or about 3.6 cm). Just to provide a sense of scale, I created a collage with a match for comparison, matches are usually about 4 cm in length.

Match head up close:

Although we're not dealing with nano-scale features here, the smallest details are well within the range of some tens of micrometers which is quite remarkable.

That warrior to the right looks like an alien.....
edit on 2-12-2017 by Muswel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Muswel

That warrior to the right looks like an alien.....

I think I know what you mean!

But the warrior seems to be looking away from the sword towards the right hand side, the side facing the sword is the backside of his helmet.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join