It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I am sad!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
When two thirds of the world is fighting daily for just mere substance living, this 'complaint' is definitely a first world problem.

Suck it up, buttercup, because there are literally more than a couple billion people who would trade places with you in a nano second.

You're not sad. You're arrogant, entitled and immature.

Hard truths.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
When two thirds of the world is fighting daily for just mere substance living, this 'complaint' is definitely a first world problem.

Suck it up, buttercup, because there are literally more than a couple billion people who would trade places with you in a nano second.

Hard truths.

Many people in the USA, especially in the working sector are arrogant, entitled, and immature. Most of the sheep racing to work in the morning would bypass someone in need, because they might be late for work.

The OP is talking about how poorly people treat each other on earth, and that the awareness is almost non-existent. Moral decay, short temperaments, and nastiness are at an all-time high, we only need to look on ATS as a barometer, because it basically overwhelms the site these days.

I'm not so sure the OP should be harshly labeled as a "Buttercup", because more compassion, and understanding are much needed these days.

There are people that live in peace, with very little, and are much happier than the majority of people in the western world, and wouldn't trade places for a million dollars.

Here's a reality check for Westerner's we may have abundance, but at what cost?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

You've injected things into the OP that are not there.

The OP has 'had enough of life', railing against those seeking to earn a living, provide for themselves, and to be 'someone'. For these things, people are stupid and selfish.

Preferable to the OP would be a collective commitment to 'common goals' (no word on what those might be) and rejection of 9-5 and working for companies or banks.

The OP just wants to be loved, and to love, but clearly only in so much as we are working for common goals.

The OP tells us we have forgotten our purpose- also undisclosed- and for it, tells us we have wasted our lives.

I truly feel bad the OP is held hostage by this toxic perspective. Beyond any system or misfortune, that mindset alone contributes significantly to the demise of the OP's happiness.

I hope the OP does not have children, because passing along that unfortunate perspective would be a tragedy.

Yes, the is much evil, injustice and hardship in the world. But rather than feel sorry for oneself or to deride humanity because of it, one could also make the choice to focus on the good, just and beauty that also exists in the world.

When my child asked how any one person could change the world, I replied with the notion that literally every decision a person makes every day of their lives makes the world a little better or a little worse. It's really just that simple. Like a single grain of sand added or removed from the scale, it is either more, or it is less.

I prefer a perspective that focuses on my own responses to the world. Not one where I throw up my hands, defeated and resentful of life's challenges.

The OP is a buttercup. Saying otherwise, does the OP no favor.

Life is challenging enough. I see no reason to encourage someone to remain in their own way.

edit on 13-11-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: brandonforsyth11

You just have to understand that you have been born into a predatory system surrounded by twits. Once you realize that then the right attitude will develop. When you realize this without any doubt, without any blame without any hope then little by little your flight feathers will develop. There is no "we" in this challenge - you are born alone and you will die alone. The crowd exists to hypnotize you into accepting the notion that you are part of their mind - a piece of their jigsaw puzzle. Always remember YOU did not go to the moon! When you accept that one simple truth the house of cards is already becoming shaky.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Golden Rule

it is important to develop a solid foundation to base your journeys and investigations upon. That is yoga. Correct posture, how to breathe properly and consciously - the basics of Pranayama at least. Break the connection little by little to the predatory conditioning by witnessing the patterns of mental and emotional reactions to experiencing. The human body and mind emerge from an ancient and long-lived killer ape. As the ancients painted it - the lotus is born in the mud, but through upward growth it reaches the surface and becomes a thousand petaled lotus releasing its perfume to the seven winds (or something to that effect) Forget about happiness. Happiness is just a pendulum swing away from sadness. Wisdom is the real treasure. And moving upwards against the gravity of the human condition you will attract the assistance and guidance of all those entities who have preceded you on this path.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Wow op go to the mirror and slap yourself hard ,so you do not forget it

Then go find a nice young lady to distract you for a while then stick your head into some books

And remember always - Happy thoughts --

Or as the Nazis once said, arbucht mach frei

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
books

Wow. Lol. When I first read that, I did not see books!

Either because you were mentioning women or because I need new glasses, I saw.....boobs.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

Those would help to ease this young lads pain just as well

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I have socks older than the OP.

I already forgot what I was typing...

Have you seen my teeth ?

You're 23...Chase some women.

Lighten up...

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Have you considered the possibility that maybe you're looking for the truth in the wrong place? Try following another lead. Better yet, ask the Creator which lead to follow.

Don't be sad, change is on its way.
edit on 13-11-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

This book will straighten you out:

You just need to access the appropriate archetypes to find happiness and success in life.

Have you been through any type of initiation ritual? MKP?
Still struggle with the ego personally.

originally posted by: Itisnowagain[/post]

IINA: brilliant as usual. Really appreciate all of your posts. Thanks for the give-aways.

OP: lot's of helpful advice in this thread. You are blessed.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Going into the dark to come out into the light:

Thanks for sharing that, it has a powerful message and one at this time in my life I really needed to hear.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

You will find your way you have a good heart , the only advice I have is be the change you want to see.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

From an old man who works the 9-to-5, do what you want.

Just don't ask me for anything. Earn it yourself or go without.

I actually think I have age spots older than you.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Hard truths.

Those are a lot of labels to throw at a stranger: "Buttercup; Arrogant; Entitled; Immature".
Perhaps that is your idea of helping a young person.
Maybe it could be done without labels? Hopefully not putting folks on the defensive.

Just wondering how that all relates to your chosen text at the bottom of your posts: "Civility matters" ?

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

The OP is unlikely to take advice on any of this, regardless of how it's positioned. I will tell you this. At 23, while I too might not have appreciated a similar approach at that age, I'd certainly remember it, and perhaps even later, be grateful for it.

Like I said, hard truths. There's nothing uncivil about that, however uncomfortable. In fact, those words are EXACTLY what the OP needs to hear. Moreover, as I more fully explain in my second post, the number one lesson in life is that people routinely become their own worse enemy.

When the OP says on the occasion of one's deathbed that people often say 'I wish I had done this or that', I'd be willing to bet that high on that list would be those who felt they prevented themselves from life's possibilities simply because they wasted all of those years focusing on the 'injustices' they've experienced. Trust me, I know. I've buried a few who have expressed as much, or at least a few who should have.

Growth comes at different paces for people. The OP explicitly said they were not depressed or suicidal, or I would have certainly taken a different approach. But what we have here is some young person trapped in their own toxic thinking. The sooner an otherwise healthy person realizes this about themselves, the better.

I sincerely wish the OP well.

Feeding the OPs negativity by agreeing with such nonsense hurts the OP far more than any words I have shared.

edit on 14-11-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I completely agree with what your saying but that is what I was trying to get at
Poverty shouldn’t exist today if we where all working towards the same goal.

An example of these paradise papers that where recently realised and we see that the amount
Of money that was being stashed away from us is enough to wipe out poverty twice over...

But thanks for your honest opinion wasn’t trying to sound like a spoilt brat 😂

a reply to: loam

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Your taking this a bit out of perspective and now interpreting it the wrong way.

As the real truth was saying That is what I was trying to get at was just a rushed post sorry if it came across to anyone that I was “spoilt” or had a dim look or view on life. But even if it did come across like that I’m entitled to my opinion either way.

All im saying as I think we have forgot how to live as an collective force rather than everyone out for themselves.

It’s just a shame our society is like this and will eventually be our downfall. a reply to: loam

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: brandonforsyth11
Your taking this a bit out of perspective and now interpreting it the wrong way.

As the real truth was saying That is what I was trying to get at was just a rushed post sorry if it came across to anyone that I was “spoilt” or had a dim look or view on life. But even if it did come across like that I’m entitled to my opinion either way.

All im saying as I think we have forgot how to live as an collective force rather than everyone out for themselves.

It’s just a shame our society is like this and will eventually be our downfall. a reply to: loam

I don't think you came across as spoilt. You were judged harshly by many just because you said you were 23 - if you had not mentioned your age there would have been different responses. It is typical though.
You will find in life that not many people hear you - they hear what they are programmed to hear. I read that you do not want to be 'someone' and then read another poster telling you how to become 'someone' - lol.
The judging, name calling posts just about prove what you say - it is a shame society is like this - where was the care, civility and respect?

Society teaches people to be blind because society needs blind people - they are good slaves............(this is at the start of this short video):

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: brandonforsyth11
Poverty shouldn’t exist today if we where all working towards the same goal.

An example of these paradise papers that where recently realised and we see that the amount
Of money that was being stashed away from us is enough to wipe out poverty twice over...

The world is a joke, it can make you wonder if it is real.
Has it ever been considered that life is just a dream?

Find out what is real and the joke will be got.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join