It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone heard of Grant Cardone?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
SO the new job I got a while back in insurance, well the owner signed us up for this guy's classes. Let me tell you it's torture. He sounds like a total narcissist. HE is also a Scientologist which makes it even more gag worthy.

I do not find this guy entertaining and a lot of what he says imo is common freaking sense. He reminds me of a sleazy used car salesman.

We are REQUIRED to watch this guy every day and on weekends. I personally will not use my free time at home to watch this nut bag. I don't get paid nearly enough to sit through this torture. He really loves to hear himself talk.

Anyone ever heard of him and his insanely overpriced common sense classes??

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver
Sounds like your employer is helping to fill the pockets of a man that has a listed net worth of $100 million.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Grant is an incredibly successful salesman. He is able to convince everyone to buy his instructional products on becoming better salespeople.

And his stuff does seem to increase the sales % of anyone who adopts the ideology and tips he espouses.

Mblah I'm thinking that insurance sales isn't really the job where you belong. Clearly you are resisting the gung ho 'let's center our entire life and everything in it around making yet one more sale' mentality.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

And though I do agree that he has a very grandiose personality (sometimes), and I often wonder if he's on drugs, I will say that he is a much nicer person than you'd expect in real life.

He actually occasionally messages me to check up on how I'm doing, even when I don't say anything to him. He hasn't tried to sell me anything and gives free tips when I ask questions and is really nice. I haven't ever given him a penny yet he somehow took enough interest to be a.... "friend"... lol.

Crazy right?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver
I don't get paid nearly enough to sit through this torture.

Well if you'd sit through that torture and devote your life to making more money, than maybe you'd increase sales and get a pay increase?

Ok, LOL, I'm just kidding.

Really the best way to make big $$$ is to sell instructional videos to companies on how to increase their sales and convince the owners to force all their employees to watch it daily. Well it was the best way until Grant milked it dry.

You know, you can still sue people.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Scientology is interested in you? Or are you already in?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I'm the reincarnation of Xenu.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I had not heard of the man in question, but the tactic being deployed by your employer is all too familiar. Your companies owner appears to have been fully duped, or is in some kind of cahoots, with the Scientology machine, from the seems of things.

Let me explain why I believe this.

Scientology is basically a mysticised racket, a "religious" mafia. Its adherents are forced to perform certain services, provide a certain amount of value to the organisation, by various methods. Some, the elite amongst their ranks, are expected to use their fame and fortune to make the organisation look legitimate to the idiot masses, to lend credence to the incredible, to make the falsehood appear as if it may have merit. The likes of Tom Cruise and his ilk, are those who are most able in this regard, and therefore are bought forward as poster children for the organisation. Salespersons of note and other similar figures are also considered of high value to the organisation, because their ability to manipulate grants them a power almost equal to the star power of higher value assets, like the aforementioned Cruise. Although their reach is not as great, their understanding of the weakness of human minds, makes them able to grasp people more deeply than even the stars can, because the stars are simply saying lines, whereas these salesmen, these con men are, in addition to being able to deliver a line, persuasive in other, more subtle ways.

People see their narcissism, and misread it as strength, a trait these people share with psychopaths, the ability to be seen as one thing, while remaining a much lesser other.

Meanwhile, those who have been duped, including in all likelihood, the owner of your company, will purchase their services or their seminars and their talks, at a massive cost to them financially. And heres where the confidence trick really bites. Once the purchase has been made, the weakness of the purchaser can really capture them in an unhelpful cycle, because they then have to justify that massive expense. In order to do so, they will force these seminars upon their workforces, with the effect that they can sit back, and watch the bauble they purchased at great cost, being used. The Emperor forces his new wardrobe upon the masses, to make himself feel better about how foolish his choices have been. And now, the final, most insidious stage of the deceit comes along. You see, the seminar is no longer about success, or about the passing of great knowledge from a teacher to a student. In fact, it never was. Now the talk is being transmitted to the entire company, thats perhaps hundreds of minds, perhaps thousands, depending on the company.

And there will be, somewhere within that talk, certain phrases, certain anecdotes, certain little tidbits which will loosen the minds of those who listen hardest to it, split their filters wide open, thereto fill the mind afterward with nonsense. I would be highly surprised if, this fellow being a Scientologist, he has not managed to work into his delivery, certain tactics which make those who listen to his seminars more likely to investigate Scientology, and not from a skeptical point of view, but from the point of view of prospects for the future.

This talk is likely to be little more than a memological viral assault, designed to weaken a persons mental endurance in order to make them more receptive to programming, even desirous of being programmed. Note, you are required to expose yourself to this individual, on a daily basis. Repetition breeds familiarity, familiarity reduces caution, wears away at skepticism, which is why it is said that a lie repeated often enough, becomes seen as truth. This phrase is not a witticism, or a trifling throwaway remark, but has been proven accurate time and time again.

So, this insidious agent will be in your eyes, your ears, daily and on weekends, softening the edges of your resolve, weakening the skepticism, damaging your critical thinking capacity. Now, it may not work on you. It may be so soft and subtle that it only grasps the most easily conditioned amongst the work force, but rest assured, this IS a type of brainwashing, and is VERY dangerous, largely speaking, because it is effective.

If you are going to comply with the demands of the company owner, and view this material as instructed, you MUST be mindful of the tactics which may be being used by the speaker, and the motivations which may lay behind his every word, every expression on his face, every mannerism and small motion of the hands. Suggestion is a powerful tool in the wrong hands, and virtually all salespersons are the wrong hands to leave it in.

edit on 13-11-2017 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I've seen his ads on the internet. Never clicked on them.

For sales, nothing beats learning NLP (Neuro-linguistic programming) . People scoff at it, but when you make multiple $20,000 single day Paydays because of it, it makes you a believer of it. Sometimes I'll use some of the techniques just to see if I can get a desired results out of somebody. They don't even know you are doing it to them.
I would at the very least look into it.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I've done the Cardone training.

My company paid for it.

I actually got a lot from it. I use some of his word tracks daily, they work.

I don't really like the guy and his attitude ( see FB ) or other videos out there of
how he treats people, but the training did help me.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: elevatedone
I've done the Cardone training.

My company paid for it.

I actually got a lot from it. I use some of his word tracks daily, they work.

I don't really like the guy and his attitude ( see FB ) or other videos out there of
how he treats people, but the training did help me.

Long time no see!

Funny thing is I am not in sales! I am customer service but I do re-writes and sometimes I do sales but my sole role is in service work. This guy makes me want to gag to listen to!

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Grant is an incredibly successful salesman. He is able to convince everyone to buy his instructional products on becoming better salespeople.

And his stuff does seem to increase the sales % of anyone who adopts the ideology and tips he espouses.

Mblah I'm thinking that insurance sales isn't really the job where you belong. Clearly you are resisting the gung ho 'let's center our entire life and everything in it around making yet one more sale' mentality.

That's why I am not in sales. I'm the service side but we all have to endure these videos. He is so arrogant. I hate sales. It's why I don't work in sales! I am customer service, yet I had to have an insurance license for my job so I can sell insurance and do when I get the chance but mostly I just re-write polices and service them.

HIs courses and appearances are insanely overpriced! I was like yea I want to drop a weeks worth of pay to see him in person. NOT!

My boss was like if anyone has anything to say about him just say it. I have to BITE MY TONGUE! I personally find him annoying and arrogant. Sure it works for those in sales yet Im not sales.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Using some... again, some of what I learned from Cardone and using everything that my managers tell me... tripled my income in 2 years.

Again, I think he's a conceited ass, but his methods work.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: elevatedone
Using some... again, some of what I learned from Cardone and using everything that my managers tell me... tripled my income in 2 years.

Again, I think he's a conceited ass, but his methods work.

OH conceited he is. If I was in sales i could see me being forced to watch this. I have a hard time watching anything remotely like this in general so it is not fun when the first hour I come in I have to watch him. I can see why his methods work but I am not in sales. Im in customer service. The funny thing is many of the things he mentions we don't even do here yet imo we should. I don't want to bring it up because then I'll be the "snobby one with the suggestion." Small office and a very arrogant owner as well but he's cool on his own in many ways.

I had never heard of him until this course. Most of it honestly makes me want to sleep but I watch it becasue I have no other choice.

Your employer paid for it too? What do you do that it has worked if you dont mind me asking?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Mainly his "word tracks". Just things to say to people...

With the cardone training that is tailored around car sales,
there are just so many things to say to help you along with the process.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I can't take this narcissistic prick anymore. It is pure torture to watch this guy and listen to my boss praise him. The guy is a con artist! The cost of his courses are INSANE! I could go to college for that price. No job is going to care you went to Cardone University, it's equivalent to Trump University if you ask me. The cost to go to his seminars is insane and the normal average working person isn't going to spend thousands to listen to him praise himself, his money and his jet.

I got a message from him with a quote that says

"Intelligence is overrated, action underrated."

I have a huge problem with this quote people seem to be loving. It makes me want to gag and puke. I am actually listening to this idiot right now as I type this because I have to. I didn't sign up for this crap when I got the job. His techniques are NOTHING new! He was just lucky enough to get people to follow the old school ways people use to be trained and taught when it came to sales and service.

Intelligence is NOT overrated this guy is.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

And if you were looking for proof positive that this man is a total bag of pus, rather than a valuable mentor, with wisdom of worth to impart, the quote you provided is it, in spades.

Lets break down the quote, shall we?

"Intelligence is overrated, action underrated."

Let us say, for example, that a fire breaks out, a fire which is of a size which might respond to very basic fire fighting techniques, of the sort a homeowner or other regular citizen, might have the wherewithal to apply.

Without intelligence, any action a person takes has a high degree of potential to make a situation worse. For example, an intelligent person knows that not any liquid will put out a fire, so dumping a can of the closest liquid to hand at the seat of one, may not have the desired effect. The action may be swift and made without thinking, but if the container you dump onto the seat of a fire, is full of fuel instead of water, then the situation will go from grave, to unrecoverable. If the container is full of cooking oil, the same might be said. If the container has bleach inside of it, then toxic gasses will be released by its application to the fire, gasses which may burn the throat and lungs chemically, abrade the eyes, or scour the skin.

The intelligent person realises also, that not all fire can be extinguished with water. Depending on the context in which the flame is found, it may be that electrical fault, or a spillage of fuel caused the fire. In these instances, applying water would ALSO be the wrong thing to do, make the situation worse. An electrical fire will not respond to water, and all that will happen as a result of dousing the seat of the fire with water in the event of one, is that water, which conducts electricity, will spread out and conduct potentially lethal amounts of current to anywhere it travels to, once deployed. Fuel fires also refuse to respond to water, instead, they simply spread the fuel around more, as most fuels tend to float on its surface. Wherever the fuel is spread, so is the fire, meaning that pouring water onto it has the opposite effect to the one which is desired.

Intelligence cannot get much done without action, this much is true. But to act without intelligence has a great degree of probability, of making things many times worse than they need to be, something which is to be avoided at all costs. This is why we look both ways before we cross the street, why we consider our actions before we take them, and only risk acting without thought, when the level of threat presented by inaction, is so great that it cannot possibly be ignored.

Taken out of an emergency situation though, and the statement is even more foolish than it is, when applied to an urgent matter. In all non-emergency situations, where one is given the time to think, one SHOULD think, and do so logically, laying out all potential solutions to a problem and comparing them for their values and demerits, arriving at conclusions of worth by so doing.

The person who made the statement you passed on, cannot possibly be a person whose learning and raw intellect are worthy of praise or respect. The fact that they were able to pass you that quote as an aid to inspiration, shows that if they do indeed take seriously, that sort of advice, then whatever success they have found, is largely a result of luck, not of effort, not of their own merits as a person, a mind, not as a result of their skills, but as a result of nothing more than chance.

posted on Jan, 25 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Oh Grant Cardone said it.

It's a quote in an email he sent with a picture of him and his jet he loves to talk about. Yea he got that jet by charging people insane amounts of money to listen to him talk and talk and talk. The fee he charges for a seminar is about what I make a MONTH in income. Yea not paying that to listen to ANYONE talk, ever.

The guy makes my skin crawl. Oh he is also a Scientologist. Need I say more?!

Yet we are forced to watch the guy daily.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   

You should definitely avoid paying for any "service" provided by that individual.

I also wonder, does the company for which you work, have shareholders and such like? I wonder how they would feel to learn that your boss has been co-opted by a member of a religious cult, and is trying to peddle the wares of one of its members, to the workforce, despite the fact that doing so is wasting valuable time for employees, time which could be better used adding value to the share price of your company, by way of higher levels of productivity, rather than wasting time watching nonsense as part of the daily schedule?

In any case, I would be about looking for other potential places of employment, in your situation. I do not think it is healthy or indeed wise, to remain in that environment for any longer than is necessary, unless things start to change for the positive.

posted on Jan, 26 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

You should definitely avoid paying for any "service" provided by that individual.

I didn't the owner of the company I work for did. It's crazy. The guy is so full of himself. His tickets to listen to him speak are $3900!!!! WHO in their right mind would pay that?! It is beyond a scam if you ask me. What's wrong with charging significantly less? No wonder he has a private jet and MILLIONS. He makes money off of gullible people.

I also wonder, does the company for which you work, have shareholders and such like? I wonder how they would feel to learn that your boss has been co-opted by a member of a religious cult, and is trying to peddle the wares of one of its members, to the workforce, despite the fact that doing so is wasting valuable time for employees, time which could be better used adding value to the share price of your company, by way of higher levels of productivity, rather than wasting time watching nonsense as part of the daily schedule?

I work for a small local insurance company! We sell car, home, life, boat, commercial and a few other types of insurance. This guys techniques are geared more towards selling freaking cars or homes. It makes me cringe having to come in and watch this guy. He even poke fun of conspiracy theorists in one video and another it was vegans.

It is a HUGE waste of my time! We are all required to watch 4 videos a day, they expect us to do so at home too and I said no I wont at home, that is time with my son and I'm not getting paid to do it either at home. So a big fat nope. If they cracked down on people following procedure more that would help, this guys "Sales" technique is far too pushy for my liking and I'm not in sales. I'm customer service!

In any case, I would be about looking for other potential places of employment, in your situation. I do not think it is healthy or indeed wise, to remain in that environment for any longer than is necessary, unless things start to change for the positive.
I love my job. I just hate this small part of it. Well that and the two sales agents I work with screw up daily and I have to fix it and it's excused as get this "They aren't in service so they don't think like customer service people just sales." What a lame excuse for not doing your job right! I'm not the only one with the same sentiments on this Grant tool but we watch and hopefully soon we will be done with it.

Here is the pic from the email I got from him.

I was like GAG ME PLEASE! I find intelligence extremely sexy!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join