It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex unlikely to cause cardiac arrest, study finds

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Well shucks... I always figured it would be a good time to check out after a close and continuous relationship with a spouse or girlfriend.. But according to this article I have a less than 1% chance of going the way I always thought would be great !

Sudden cardiac arrest is associated with sexual activity far more often in men than women, research suggests.

But sex is a rare trigger for sudden cardiac arrest.

Only 34 out of the 4,557 cardiac arrests examined occurred during or within one hour of sexual intercourse and 32 of those affected were men.

Surviveability does increase with CPR done properly..
www.bbc.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

It's not all good, I just found out that my bad back might get better If I stop ejaculating, no # doctors orders.

According to Chinese medicine ejaculation weakens a man's back, gives energy to the female of course.

So it takes 6 weeks to regain ones "Chi " ...

Moral of the story, get your hand off it... 😯

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The misses is too powerful and seeks to weaken me...î shall Submit.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I was gonna make a bad joke about how if my wife found out about this I wouldn't have any excuse now and would need to tell her the truth about how she ate too many cookies, but better not.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

Im not kidding, this is really happening ,gives a whole new meaning to be held by the balls.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It's not all good, I just found out that my bad back might get better If I stop ejaculating, no # doctors orders.

According to Chinese medicine ejaculation weakens a man's back, gives energy to the female of course.

Pass this on to your doctor. metro.co.uk... ium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

Back in 2015 a study suggested that men should aim for 21 orgasms a month to reduce the risk of prostate cancer, while a study in 2016 backed up the claims.

edit on 727thk17 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   

I tried that argument, he pointed out I have a back problem,my prostate is fine....

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   

DUDE! While I think that would be better than getting run over by a garbage truck, think how it will affect the wife or S.O. if you cash in on top of her, despite as comical as her reaction would be.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Im not kidding, this is really happening ,gives a whole new meaning to be held by the balls.

Could think of a worse scenario than the wife holding the balls. Better than the dog vet! They don’t hesitate to snip.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Yet we have he nerve to blame the breed .... oh wait are males a breed ....!!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Of course males are a breed. Alphas and Betas. Just depends on political leanings which deserves the snip.

edit on 11/13/2017 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Of course males are a breed. Alphas and Betas. Just depends on political leanings which deserves the snip.

That made me spit out my drink...dammit..

another member laid this out, its somewhat on point....

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   

"Sex unlikely to cause cardiac arrest"

You're not doin' it right.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Don't know much about the study or exactly how it may have reach its results but, I have a neighbor whose first husband, and later a boy friend, almost died while "in bed" with her. She now has a third husband who is not looking very well; if you know what I mean.
I am told the second one, a boy friend, was in the ambulance on the way out as her second husband was entering the drive way on his way home. Talk about embarrassing.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: tinymind

Perfectly reasonable explanation... your neighbor is a succubus.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

a reply to: tinymind

Perfectly reasonable explanation... your neighbor is a succubus.

I have sometimes thought this myself. (just one more reason I don't go near there)
I just didn't know how to spell the words.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Only 34 out of the 4,557 cardiac arrests examined occurred during or within one hour of sexual intercourse and 32 of those affected were men.

So only 34 dudes lasted an hour.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

doctors are supid and only care about getting rich and NOT getting sued, so why would take a doctors advice on anything?

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

doctors are supid and only care about getting rich and NOT getting sued, so why would take a doctors advice on anything?

As much as I agree with you,not all doctors are just money grabbing twits, there are some really good ones out there, it's a case of not everyone is suited to the job they do, many people only work because they have to not because they are passionate about what they do.

It's also easy to confirm for myself if there is validity to his advice ,I never take advice at face value, I use it as a guide then form my own opinions after some research.

Now further to that, we are all wired differently, what works for me might not work for you, what may be great advice for me may be awful for you, so advice about health is variable.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

I`ve never meet a doctor yet that could correctly diagnose and treat any illness I`ve ever had correctly. I`ve meet more auto mechanics who cpould diagnois and fix my car correctly on the first try than I have meet doctors who could diagnois and fix me on the first try. you`re right maybe 1% of the old doctors actually care the other 99% use web MD and misdiagnpois you but they still get paid. I wouldn`t pay a plumber or auto mechanic who needed 5 attempts to diagnois and fix the problem,so why should I have to pay a doctor who misdiagnoises the problem 9 times out of ten? I don`t pay them! if the insurance companies want to pay the quacks that`s fine with me, but I throw every medical bill I get in thrash without opening it. they didn`t fix the problem they deserved to paid.

doctors are supid and only care about getting rich and NOT getting sued, so why would take a doctors advice on anything

As much as I agree with you,not all doctors are just money grabbing twits, there are some really good ones out there, it's a case of not everyone is suited to the job they do, many people only work because they have to not because they are passionate about what they do.

It's also easy to confirm for myself if there is validity to his advice ,I never take advice at face value, I use it as a guide then form my own opinions after some research.

Now further to that, we are all wired differently, what works for me might not work for you, what may be great advice for me may be awful for you, so advice about health is variable.

edit on 14-11-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

I typed long response but it didn`t post and I`m NOT gpoing to type it again, so you are wrong and you got ATS`ed
edit on 14-11-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join