It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA Police Caught on Body Cam Planting Drugs in Black Suspect's Wallet

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Well well well, what a surprise. LA's finest, seemingly planting drugs on a suspect. 52 year old Ronald Shields was charged with a felony hit and run, and possession of coc aine. His attorney argued that drugs were planted on his client, and police body-cam footage of this appears to confirm this.

www.complex.com...

Even though the LAPD has been keeping body cam videos from these arrests away from the public eye, CBS2 News Investigative Reporter David Goldstein was able to obtain the footage of Shields' arrest which appears to show officers placing drugs in the suspect's wallet.

The officers were possibly unaware that the body cam video also captures and saves footage 30 seconds prior to when the camera is activated. That is when the alleged planting of coc aine took place.

One angle from the body cam shows LAPD officer Gaxiola picking up Shields' wallet off the ground and showing it to officer Samuel Lee while motioning to the suspect as if to say that the wallet belongs to him. After putting the wallet back down, a small bag with a white substance, which later tested positive for drugs, was picked up off the street and eventually placed in Shields' wallet.

Surely the hit-and-run should have been enough to sate the police's desire to lay charges, but no, they have to go and plant some drugs as well.

This is pathetic.

One wonders how many people there are on trumped up charges where there were no body-cameras, and the word of the cops is believed over that of the accused?
edit on 13-11-2017 by bgerbger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

Cops by default have integrity, so of course even when they are criminals they get away with it, most folk turn a blind eye because in essence they are doing a good job so it is ok if a few members of the club screw up,...nothing to see here move on.....

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Before this thread goes nuclear...I will say one officer's actions doesn't define an ENTIRE police force city or nationwide.

So take a deep breath..

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

You are correct, but there are so many incidents of police abusing their power and doing the wrong thing that one wonders how systemic problems like this are.

www.nytimes.com...

www.vox.com...

www.smithsonianmag.com...

www.theguardian.com...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger When I was younger I was at a bar in Oklahoma and got smashed. I woke up In jail with a public intoxication charge. When I woke up I was beaten up as all hell. When I was released I looked at the police report. The report said that the college P.D. Gave me over to the city. The weird thing was that the University P.D. Had no such record???. Well that kinda saved me as the charge was dropped because of that. Later in life I ended up having some friends that work for that city P.D. And I asked them about these types of situations and they said that there are many reports of that going on to this day. And the location the campus P.D. Gave me to the city is the same location that other reports of this kind of thing happens.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   

And people wonder why NFL players sit down during the anthem!

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
Before this thread goes nuclear...I will say one officer's actions doesn't define an ENTIRE police force city or nationwide.

So take a deep breath..

Once the police did it too you then you would be singing a different tune.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: bgerbger

You are correct, but there are so many incidents of police abusing their power and doing the wrong thing that one wonders how systemic problems like this are.

www.nytimes.com...

www.vox.com...

www.smithsonianmag.com...

www.theguardian.com...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Again....the actions of an individual officer does not define an ENTIRE police force, city level or nationwide!!

People stereotype officer's because they share a similar uniform...

Military members f#ck up too...quite frequently to be honest. Do those who f#ck up define an ENTIRE military force!!!!???

No.

Relax.

Hold them to their oaths or stfu..

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

So take a deep breath..

Once the police did it too you then you would be singing a different tune.

"IF" ...and that's a big "IF"...

"Once the police did it to you...." You are purposely inflaming the narrative..

You are not slick.

edit on E30America/ChicagoMon, 13 Nov 2017 01:50:30 -060011amMondayth01am by EternalShadow because: add/correction

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

""The officers were possibly unaware that the body cam video also captures and saves footage 30 seconds prior to when the camera is activated. That is when the alleged planting of coc aine took place.""

How could the camera know that it would be turned on 30 seconds after it started recording? The body camera can't foretell the future...or can it?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Someone once stated LAPD is one of the most corrupt police departments in the US.

edit on 11/13/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Sounds like it is always recording but only saves the last 30 seconds of footage unless you press something to start saving a longer recording. I don't know but that's my assumption.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Someone once stated LAPD is one of the most corrupt police departments in the US.

Ok.....so?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

My point is, it's not surprising they do this.

In fact, did you know they only serve the Elite Class of LA first? During the LA Riots, they abandoned the Koreans and other working class people and only protected the Elite class (Hollyweird and other rich areas).

There is a reason why they are hated among the working class.

I live in LA, so I am somewhat familiar with how they operate.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   

My point is it's not surprising they do this.

In fact did you know they only serve the Elite Class of LA first? During the LA Riots, they abandoned the Koreans and only protected the Elite class (Hollyweird and other rich areas).

There is a reason why they are hated among the working class.

I live in LA and this is a well known fact here.

Because "someone" said so....

Gotcha.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

Sounds like it is always recording but only saves the last 30 seconds of footage unless you press something to start saving a longer recording. I don't know but that's my assumption.

That makes far more sense than the way the body-cam function is worded in the article. Thanks!

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Do certain cities give awards or cash bonuses for the number and/or type of arrests?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Not sure about that but LAPD have a history of corruption. In fact did you know during the Civil Rights era, they dress up as activists to not only gather intel but to disrupt their protests?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Not sure about that but LAPD have a history of corruption. In fact did you know during the Civil Rights era, they dress of up as activists to not only gather intel but to disrupt their protests?

Ok so when did it become popular for those being subjected to this type of behavior/tactics to ACTUALLY become the individuals they were trying to frame??

What's that all about? Instead of remaining innocent, people decide instead to say f# it, I am a criminal and start living that life, and ACTUALLY GLORIFY ITS VIRTUES????

I'm sorry, what is the complaint here??

edit on E30America/ChicagoMon, 13 Nov 2017 03:23:25 -060011amMondayth03am by EternalShadow because: add

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   

So take a deep breath..

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join