It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can My Children Be Friends With White People?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Has this individual ever asked themselves if white parents have similar feelings regarding their children being friends with black people? Maybe they don't see black people as allies either.
edit on 12-11-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: thesaneone

a reply to: Deaf Alien

He was concerned for their safety. There is all to it.

Sounds like his only concern is to continue the divide.

The rightists have done the same for years.

So when they go low you go lower, got it.

No. I didn't. You guys did. You guys were silent when the rightsts were racist towards Obama. There were many racist opinion pieces. Where's the outrage?

Is it our job to adopt your opinion on what is or is not racist and become the race patrol to prove how not-racist we are to you?

link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

No, I already got it. Racism should be stamped out no matter where it comes from.

Your constant 'but they did it" is part of the problem.

You saw this article as racist. I don't. Because of the first paragraph. The author was trying to stamp out white supremacy and condemned what happened in Charlottesville.

link   
My gf is black I'm white(i called her African American once and got a 20 minute lecture on how she's not from africa) please know that this is one opinion. We often talk of how blm is only helping to segregate us as humans and americans further. I believe we all need to have a talk with our children not about white vs. Black but about intolerance on all sides. That is the issue. I know some don't see it but racism is alive and well no matter the color or creed.

link   

No. I didn't. You guys did. You guys were silent when the rightsts were racist towards Obama. There were many racist opinion pieces. Where's the outrage?

Oh please.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Sick perspective and logic.

Its so absurd that I want to believe its all just trolling..

Articles like this are problematic because they are indicative of more widespread perspectives. Perspectives which precipitate behavior and actions.

I'm actually impressed that so many can have such massive levels of cognitive dissonance. Its like adherence to the narrative is paramount, rather than things like consistency, fairness, and "reality."

Even worse, its done under the banner of those things, essentially creating a situation of an endless battle. Where, the very things that are fought against are perpetuated by the people doing the fighting.

Its really bizarre.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Is it our job to adopt your opinion on what is or is not racist and become the race patrol to prove how not-racist we are to you?

Nope.

link   

For African-Americans, race has become a proxy not just for politics but also for decency. White faces are swept together, ominous anxiety behind every chance encounter at the airport or smiling white cashier. If they are not clearly allies, they will seem unsafe to me.

For White Americans, race has become a proxy not just for politics but also for decency. Black faces are swept together, ominous anxiety behind every chance encounter at the airport or smiling Black cashier. If they are not clearly allies, they will seem unsafe to me.

See anything wrong with it now?

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Which ghettos, white, jewish, black, asian, hispanic?

I'm not sure which you think is the right answer.

I teach my child to treat everyone with respect, until their actions dictate otherwise. And even then, only to the extent of what is required to defend one's self.

I'm raising my child to marvel at the wonder of the world, to celebrate its amazing diversity, not to fear and distrust every possible boogyman lurking behind every possible corner.

Thank goodness too. He's gonna need to be pretty grounded for the hell hole of a world we seem to be leaving him.
edit on 12-11-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This is my favorite topic, white people trying to prove that its everybody else fault that there racist.

If it quacks like a duck its probably a duck.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I already got the point. The problem is that the author did no such thing. Besides he has the right to teach his children anything. Just ignore it and move on.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

No, I already got it. Racism should be stamped out no matter where it comes from.

Your constant 'but they did it" is part of the problem.

You saw this article as racist. I don't. Because of the first paragraph. The author was trying to stamp out white supremacy and condemned what happened in Charlottesville.

And then goes on to say he or she is teaching their children *not* to be friends with white kids because they might be secretly wearing sheets.

That's where it all goes off the rails.

Want to condemn racists at Charlottsville? Fine. Most of us do that, but then going on to extrapolate that because 500 people showed up from all over the country that any white person or child you own children might meet is likely going to turn out to be a sheets-wearing memger of the KKK demonstrates racism on the part of the author.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
This is my favorite topic, white people trying to prove that its everybody else fault that there racist.

There racist ... Where racist?

That's what we're all asking.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

For African-Americans, race has become a proxy not just for politics but also for decency. White faces are swept together, ominous anxiety behind every chance encounter at the airport or smiling white cashier. If they are not clearly allies, they will seem unsafe to me.

For White Americans, race has become a proxy not just for politics but also for decency. Black faces are swept together, ominous anxiety behind every chance encounter at the airport or smiling Black cashier. If they are not clearly allies, they will seem unsafe to me.

Obama did say his grandmother was a typical white person, so that must be a common problem for us. At least according to people who assume we're all racist.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
How can your kids be friends with anyone of a different color when their parent is a racist who identifies human beings by color?.....lol....who would want friends who come with a racist aggressive view of the world we all share??....sounds like you are intentionally disenfranchising your kids from our evolving world because you might be afraid of progress which simply grows past your old grumpy views....lol....and refuses to give you any more attention....its called moving on and we all do it every day...you ought to try it.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Oh, ok...we're supposed to just move along and ignore the racist because ....they're Black and can't be racist...right?
Take that same article, change the wording and there'd be riots, finger pointing, national news outlets calling the writer a racist and that they never be allowed to publish in that paper again.
You know it as well as I do, so stop with the "nothing to see here" BS.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Well if you want to see this as racist that's your right. If you and others want to spread it around, ironically furthering the divide, then that's your right.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Ksihkehe

I didn't see much of that here. What I saw was how some people cheered and encouraged racist posts towards Obama, Michelle and their family here.

That isn't allowed here. Please link me some of these threads. You have 8 years of threads to pull material from.

While you do that I'll put on my muck boots because the BS is getting deep in here.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I will teach them to be cautious, I will teach them suspicion, and I will teach them distrust. Much sooner than I thought I would, I will have to discuss with my boys whether they can truly be friends with white people.

I think he is talking about living in the inner cities...

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

False. It's already been demonstrated. If you are alright with racist beliefs then it's a free country. Just don't complain when other racist belief come up. Or be a hypocrite.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join