It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can My Children Be Friends With White People?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Hell, the progressive leftest are pouring it on thick as of late aren't they? I swear they will not be happy until they have implemented segregation again. What the hell is really the goal here? A united America sure as hell does not seem one of them.

(I assume the goal is "If you do not support our agenda and causes 100% then you are the enemy". Anyone else get that feeling?)

www.nytimes.com...

It is impossible to convey the mixture of heartbreak and fear I feel for him. Donald Trump’s election has made it clear that I will teach my boys the lesson generations old, one that I for the most part nearly escaped. I will teach them to be cautious, I will teach them suspicion, and I will teach them distrust. Much sooner than I thought I would, I will have to discuss with my boys whether they can truly be friends with white people.

I do not write this with liberal condescension or glee. My heart is unbearably heavy when I assure you we cannot be friends.

For African-Americans, race has become a proxy not just for politics but also for decency. White faces are swept together, ominous anxiety behind every chance encounter at the airport or smiling white cashier. If they are not clearly allies, they will seem unsafe to me.

edit on 12-11-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+28 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It's an opinion article.

Don't trigger yourself too hard on some dudes opinion.

link   

+16 more 
link   
Let your kids deside who to befriend, and not mix kids into politics.
let kids me kids

edit on 12-11-2017 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I have a black friend that's well educated and works at a university. We had a long talk a while back about "the talk" that his father gave him. It amounted to "it's a white man's world son, and you have to go along to get along". Apparently it's not an unusual thing.

White people, however, just aren't aware that black parents have been having to have "the talk" with their kids.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Let your kids desire who to befriend, and not mix kids into politics.
let kids me kids

Children don't care about politics.

Hell, adults don't care about politics. They care about rooting for their team likes it's the NFL Super Bowl.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

They used to dude. God, I wish those people would go back to sportsball games and NASCAR and leave politics to the adults.

+24 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

It is impossible to convey the mixture of heartbreak and fear I feel for him. Donald Trump’s election has made it clear that I will teach my boys the lesson generations old, one that I for the most part nearly escaped. I will teach them to be cautious, I will teach them suspicion, and I will teach them distrust. Much sooner than I thought I would, I will have to discuss with my boys whether they can truly be friends with white people.

I don't know about you, but I had to teach my child to be cautious and not to trust anyone that comes along and it didn't have anything to do with the color of anyone's skin. Welcome to the real world where NO ONE can be trusted any longer and it doesn't have anything to do with Trump's presidency. It's been this way for quite awhile now!

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

I don't know about you, but I had to teach my child to be cautious and not to trust anyone that comes along and it didn't have anything to do with the color of anyone's skin. Welcome to the real world where NO ONE can be trusted any longer and it doesn't have anything to do with Trump's presidency. It's been this way for quite awhile now!

LOL, Agree

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I don't get it? Is being concerned for children's safety bad?

+37 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Man that was such a horrible article.

Do they really think that obama cultivated this utopia of black/white relations in the u.s? And then mean ol trump came in and ruined it? If anythin obama set back race relations in this country.

I'm no fan of trump, but good god that piece was distasteful garbage.

Then again, I'm a straight white male so disregard this post . . .

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

And that talk stems from the idea that American culture is somehow "white" which is something all white people are taught that it's not. We aren't allowed to claim it. It's not ours. It belongs to everyone, even black people who think there is some conspiracy making it not theirs.

+33 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

That author is a disgusting racist.

+23 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

When you teach them they can not be friends with certain people based on the color of their skin, yes.

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Oh, you get it. (if you read it)

100% political leftest garbage.
edit on 12-11-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

When you teach them they can not be friends with certain people based on the color of their skin, yes.

I don't see them saying that. Also I noticed that nobody mentioned that the rightists were racist towards Obama.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Oh, you get it. (if you read it)

100% political leftest garbage.

I read it. You haven't explain why you find it garbage.

+19 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

It was too easy to be "racist" toward Obama. All you had to do was disagree with anything he did.

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

...can truly be friends with white people (?)

What is really being taught is racism.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Deaf Alien

It was too easy to be "racist" toward Obama. All you had to do was disagree with anything he did.

Yes but address my post.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join