It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Russian revolution.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I'm not selling anything.

Just pointing out the similarities of the arguing parties.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I agree with most of what you say expect for the part:

Humans choose to be evil, especially the egotistical lone wolf.

I actually see the complete opposite. The egotistical ones wolves I come across usually refuse to play the group think, collective madness that surrounds us today. They do not covet the material goods or the positions of power. They are content with very modest means, cheap housing that they restore or just clean up. They view a house as somewhere to hang your hat and not an investment.

The lone wolves are not concerned with status symbols or societal ideals. They simply live life on their own terms. They are called such wonderful things as rejects. Labeled with such glorious terms like ODD and other behavior disorders. I think the lone wolves are a danger to the establishment.

You know who isn't a danger to the establishment? Collectivist. They love the bureaucracy and compartmentalization of all aspects of life. They love to be controlled and always try to fit in with those around them. They sell their souls for the glorious paycheck because it is glamorous. They keep up with the joneses and spend way beyond their means, often going into crushing debt, then blame others for their own bad decisions. They are the typical left hemisphere thinkers that love large government. They are the ultimate sheep. They are the greatest danger to freedom and liberty.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

It's insane to me too people still hold up US flags with pride, after Vietnam, Guantanamo, ... capitalism has costed more lifes than every ideology before. Get off your high horse.
Talks about dark patterns...

Big part of the Bolshevik idea was the collective. Rule of the proletariat, that a single dictator has hijacked it is unfortunate but not a property only communism has. Monarchies are much worse and still alive and kicking.

Constitutional monarchies are some of the most tolerant, peaceful, and advanced societies around. And capitalist.
edit on 12-11-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

You mean they didn't vote for a bunch of people to give them stuff, and they went out and got it for themselves. 

Voting is a fairly new phenomenon, individual rights hasn't been popular in history. Even the Greeks had dictators.

It was misogyny because the women stayed back at their caves because the only good thing they were good for was getting clubbed over their heads to make little cavemen. 

I'm not sure what hating on women has to do with collectivism. Unless you're hinting that men are scared of women so collectively put them in their place?

Now wut ?

I don't know, enlighten me.

Can no longer the biggest man simply take what he needed? Is damnation the price if certain rules are not heeded?

I think Boudicca was capable of bearing more than kids, I think Jeanne Dec Clisson could've happily sunk your notion.

I guess some women just don't know their place huh?

It's always a pleasure Neo
lighten up a bit

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Voting is a fairly new phenomenon, individual rights hasn't been popular in history. Even the Greeks had dictators.

Funny thing communists/collectivists had those too.

Stalin,Mao,Che and the list goes on.

Individual rights did not exist.

I'm not sure what hating on women has to do with collectivism. Unless you're hinting that men are scared of women so collectively put them in their place?

Had everything to do with mammoth hunting.

Is damnation the price if certain rules are not heeded?

Certainly been the price in communist regimes.

Don't go along with the herd. The person got disappeared.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Qin Shi Huang. Caligula. Nero. Wu Zetian. Ghengis Khan. Timur. Montezuma II. Ivan the Terrible. Vlad the Impaler. King John. Queen Mary I. Hitler. Lenin. Stalin. Mao Zedong. Pol Pot. Idi Amin. LBJ. Dubya. Hillary.

I thought you were going to break into We didn't start the fire by Billy Joel for a second there...

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

All economic platforms take "force" to implement fully unless it is in independent groups, communities etc. Capitalism is enforced by tyrants, the State and Government agencies, The idea about Communism would be that the State and Government would be abolished and the people would engage in direct "democracy" to vote on issues, with the "workers" controlling the means of productions, abolishing any "bosses" or hierarchy, and social-hierarchy, so that once free from the tyranny of the State, Governments, Hierarchies, and Capitalism, and monetary systems, people would accept Communism with no necessary "force"

all economic platforms take force to implement Capitalism is no difference

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

You missed the egotistical bit.

I'm anything but a collectivist and from personal experience an ego and aloneness don't really mix.

I mean think about it, how can a lone wolf have an ego... Who is it for?

It's for the audience, plain and simple. A lone wolf cannot stroke his/her ego, they simply don't care about such things.

Anything else is self-delusion. I'm guessing freewill is important here but I'll leave it at that as to not derail the thread.

Focusing on who we appear to be instead of who we are. But then society expects some norms... What's one to do?

I used to wonder why Howard Hughes became "weird" but then reclusion is usually gained from a "disease".

Makes me think... Is it a lone wolf syndrome? A case of free-thinkingitis? Is freewill a disease?

Because even the most lonesome wolf abides by codes of conduct, rules of the pack, the pecking order kind of thing. You could call it programming. In human terms you can try all you like, think about how you act and why as much as you please but ultimately society has it's fingers in you.

You're brainwashed, we all are.

Our very own moral compass, the way our brain works. It's all a culmination of 1000's of years of collectivism.

You can't defeat that, you are that.

Then again, Buddha?

Nice post
you got me pondering

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I'm all about the individual rights

Had everything to do with mammoth hunting. 

Historically speaking that's more of an assumption though isn't it?

Women have held power, been some of the fiercest sword holders and in the time of mammoths it seems God was a mother.

Maybe women were too good to be wasted hunting beasts in the field, like an animal.

Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

you can easily destroy the phantasm and as Stirner calls them "spooks" in our own head

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I also apologize if this is off topic.

I don't have the same evil view of the ego. The loner can definitely have an ego. Their ego is strictly for them as they don't really care what other people think. A well balanced ego is a beautiful sight, IMO.

The lone wolf doesn't necessarily need to be completely divorced from society. Where would they get their free sources of entertainment if it weren't for the collectives?

As to Is freewill a disease? ... I am not even sure how to respond to that one.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
We didn't start the fire 2017; POST YOUR LYRICS
a reply to: iWontGiveUP

We Didn't Start The Fire - Alt/Alt Edition:

News conglomerations, crooked moderation, a wrestling federation, endless economic castration. Democrat, Republican, their pockets fat, the little people never win.

America the pirate ship, even hipsters think its hip. Proxy wars and media whores, from shiny shores to ghetto stores.

Bunker buster daisy cutter bursting clusters, war promoted by hucksters. Evil game, all in your name, what a shame, you'll get all the blame.

New World Order, nothing tougher, smashing borders, no buffer, job deporter, wages suffer, some starve, the rest are hoarders.

We didn't start the fire It was always burning Since the world's been turning We didn't start the fire No we didn't light it But we tried to fight it

Bling bling, pipe dream, to the top rises no new cream. Ghetto blasters, gang turf, spray paint, chrome bullets, glass bottles filled with gasoline.

Cops the robbers, tear gas, black helicopters, bust your ass. Choke hold, baton, no hope, whach you on. Rubber bullets, can you hold it, flash bangs, for the biggest gang.

Mega mergers, rise in murders, War On Drugs, steal our nugs, all this bad news reporters smile and hug.

We didn't start the fire It was always burning Since the world's been turning We didn't start the fire No we didn't light it But we tried to fight it

Social justice, they want to punch us. Facebook Twitter, cuss her out they'll say you hit her. HuffPo, BuzzFeed, if you're white no go, they'll make you bleed. These snowflakes, nuttier than fruit cakes. Hollywood celebrities, get on your knees, suck on deez.

Whites as jews, against them hate crimes, good news. Open season, mass riots, lacking reason, random shootings, mob violence, you must agree or else you're fake news.

Press core, BS, attention whores, NBC ABC CNN Fows News CBS, no more. Mainstream censors different views, your couches are church pews.

Smart phones make us stupid, we're in love like they're cupid. Self driving cars, machine automation say goodbye to our nation.

Big brother, you're a number, biometric bank freeze, check points papers please, its too late might as well celebrate NSA's surveillance state,

Political whores, race bait, gender wars, self hate, big pharm, Left Right both wrong, mass harm, child thongs, robot drones, not cool, surveillance phones, you're a fool, pretzel logic, human slaves, water toxic, mass graves, shooting sprees, spirit cooking, on your knees, future not good looking, I can't take it anymore!

We didn't start the fire It was always burning Since the world's been turning We didn't start the fire But when we are gone Will it still burn on, and on, and on, and on

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

All economic platforms take "force" to implement fully unless it is in independent groups, communities etc. Capitalism is enforced by tyrants, the State and Government agencies, The idea about Communism would be that the State and Government would be abolished and the people would engage in direct "democracy" to vote on issues, with the "workers" controlling the means of productions, abolishing any "bosses" or hierarchy, and social-hierarchy, so that once free from the tyranny of the State, Governments, Hierarchies, and Capitalism, and monetary systems, people would accept Communism with no necessary "force"

all economic platforms take force to implement Capitalism is no difference

Huh?

It's natural for people to want to trade services performed & materials produced.

Or are you going to insist that it requires a tyrant to come and and beat you over the head to trade someone else the widgets you have too many of for the widgets someone else has and you need?

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I wasn't aware of that other thread, nice bit of synchro there.

I love your new lyrics, they are spot on and even work with the backing music and original melody. Perfect. I'm a bit of a musician myself so I might have a go at doing a cover with your lyrics over the top. I'm no singer though..

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

In my mind the problem with various economic systems is they all seem fine on paper, but in practice they are subject to corruption, greed and exploitation. That's the real problem. Human sociopaths.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I wouldn't say 'natural', There have been tribes and communities with gift-economics, but I wouldn't say it is a natural Human instinct to trade labour for materials.

any economic platform, if attempting to achieve it on a universal scale requires force to implement it and continue it, even on a micro-scale a small community would require some 'force' to maintain any economic platform, force being either a State, government, Dictator, or consequence if you don't assimilate and follow the "rules"

Capitalism being no different

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Yes, every economic platform opens itself up forms of corruption

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Who said it couldn't be done?

All I said is that it hasn't been done because representative government tends to look out for number one before looking out for those they represent.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Who said it couldn't be done?

All I said is that it hasn't been done because representative government tends to look out for number one before looking out for those they represent.

No one said it couldn't be done. Sheesh. I was only pointing out a few of the barriers. Not any different from representative gov't, for that matter. Smaller units allowed often personal knowledge of your elected rep. An advantage long gone.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

But that wasn't what was being discussed.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join