It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“I don’t bleed for free” Robbed at gunpoint part 3:

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
However, if you get in a fight , then they pull a gun and rob you. That’s still a robbery at gun point..

Right, but you didn't just get into a fight--what you did, according to your own admission, was cause someone to be beaten by a mob of thugs (you included) and robbed him of $200 of his money PLUS an additional $100 of his money (you had no idea if he actually was in possession of your drug money). Then, you go to a meeting with said dealer to give back the $100 (because you were self-righteous, you say) and get met by the middle-man (?) who actually stole your money, proceed to attack him, and then after all of those piss-poor decisions, he pulls out the great equalizer and takes the money that you were there to return anyhow.

No, you were not robbed--you set up a series of events that led to you staring down the barrel of a snub-nosed revolver, and the end result was that you were forced to return something that wasn't yours in the first place.

This is called poetic justice, not armed robbery.

In any event, I'm glad that you were able to walk away from the experience. I have found myself staring down the barrels of a 12-gauge side-by-side when a gang (literally) of Koreans rolled up on my buddies and me walking to my car after smoking weed at the park (this was back in the late-90s...and I had a pager, too). They didn't want anything other than to intimidate us, and for what reason, I still don't know at this point. Maybe they were trying to establish "their turf" or something, but this gang of Koreans just showed up one day, lasted about two months in our area, and disappeared just as quickly. It was odd.

They also tried to attack me and my friends another time as we were getting into my car, trying to kick out my windows and beating my car with chains because they couldn't get the doors open. Luckily it was before I painted it, so the dents were taken care of shortly after--and amazingly, the windows didn't break. Good ol' mid-'60s windows, I supposed.

To this day, I still have zero idea why they targeted me and my friends.

I guess Mr. Mackey is right: "Drugs are bad, M'kay?"

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
However, if you get in a fight , then they pull a gun and rob you. That’s still a robbery at gun point..

Right, but you didn't just get into a fight--what you did, according to your own admission, was cause someone to be beaten by a mob of thugs (you included) and robbed him of $200 of his money PLUS an additional $100 of his money (you had no idea if he actually was in possession of your drug money). Then, you go to a meeting with said dealer to give back the $100 (because you were self-righteous, you say) and get met by the middle-man (?) who actually stole your money, proceed to attack him, and then after all of those piss-poor decisions, he pulls out the great equalizer and takes the money that you were there to return anyhow.

No, you were not robbed--you set up a series of events that led to you staring down the barrel of a snub-nosed revolver, and the end result was that you were forced to return something that wasn't yours in the first place.

This is called poetic justice, not armed robbery.

In any event, I'm glad that you were able to walk away from the experience. I have found myself staring down the barrels of a 12-gauge side-by-side when a gang (literally) of Koreans rolled up on my buddies and me walking to my car after smoking weed at the park (this was back in the late-90s...and I had a pager, too). They didn't want anything other than to intimidate us, and for what reason, I still don't know at this point. Maybe they were trying to establish "their turf" or something, but this gang of Koreans just showed up one day, lasted about two months in our area, and disappeared just as quickly. It was odd.

They also tried to attack me and my friends another time as we were getting into my car, trying to kick out my windows and beating my car with chains because they couldn't get the doors open. Luckily it was before I painted it, so the dents were taken care of shortly after--and amazingly, the windows didn't break. Good ol' mid-'60s windows, I supposed.

To this day, I still have zero idea why they targeted me and my friends.

I guess Mr. Mackey is right: "Drugs are bad, M'kay?"

Moral of the story: only smoke weed at the park when you have a good ol' mid-'60s car and a pager to call for backup. Those are the kind of decisions that will leave you left with zero ideas as to why "drugs are bad...and the snub-nosed revolver is the great equalizer".

I guess 'The Dude' shouldn't have asked: "Mind if I do a J?"

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

All of that was right except the middleman attacked me first. .. I had only seen him through a car window, while trying not to stare.. so it was a good second before I put 2 and 2 together. That the guy who was trying to choke me down one handed was, indeed the middle man..

I also not sure about poetic justice since you are putting a lot of the blame on me and I really only profited..

I got a good story out of the deal and cool points with my friends. While your right the money he took wasn’t even technically mine and I sure as hell didn’t fork up another hundred for the other fella.

I’m pretty sure anytime you pull a gun on some one and demand money that isn’t yours, it is a robbery..

If I get robbed with some one else’s money.. it is still robbery..

Imho by any measurement once someone introduces a gun into the situation the stake just changed big time..

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I think that you missed my point: You came up on $100 that wasn't yours ($300 total, if we want to get technical, as you don't know if that money ever made it to dealer) by attacking someone and taking it. Then someone does the same to you.
That's called poetic justice.

All of the other tangential things concerning the story (and it was a good story) don't matter in regards to the poetic justice angle. He may have had a gun, but you had a group of people--both can be equally deadly, and honestly, I'd rather face one guy who can't see well out of one eye and probably has a massive headache with a gun than a group of guys wanting to kick my ass.

Regardless, I hope that you found yourself a new dealer after that...or better yet, walked away from that lifestyle.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Fair enough, but just FYI there wasn’t much chance in permanent damage from me and mine.. once some one was done.. it was over..

You lose all “cool points” if your still swinging after the other guy submits..

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

As I mentioned earlyier.. there are arbitrary rules here that don’t always make 100% sense.. lol

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Nothing ever makes 100% sense

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join