It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma woman sentenced for incestuous marriage with birth mother

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
This seems more like a loophole scam more than anything else.

But my honest opinion to the issue in general, is who cares? As long as its not kids or animals, then I could care less who people choose to hook up with...

The only thing I would say about the issue of incest in general, is that it should only be legal if both parties get themselves sterilized first.

Lets face it, if more of these types of people were having themselves sterilized before they have a chance to breed, then society would be a whole lot better for it, in the long run.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
I thought the girl on the left was Reality Winner

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

There it is ... I've been waiting for the "two consenting adults who don't intend to breed" argument.

Did not come from a conservative ladies and gentlemen. And I've not seen it from one in all my time here.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Just when you think you'd heard it all...

Methamphetamines are a hell of a drug.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Nyiah
Just when you think you'd heard it all...

Methamphetamines are a hell of a drug.

*That* we do have plenty of out in the Midwest. Too much.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Marriage is like this whole other tax shelter, too.

I once had a landlady pressure me to declare dependency on a tax form, so she cold get more refund. I refused and was asked to leave.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

That's generally how the conservatives are in the south.

Is that so?

It's completely legal in the Netherlands,France,Spain,and Sweden.

Not very conservative over there.

Nice political hackery.

DOH!.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Could it be to obtain benefits, like health coverage etc.? Misty Velvet's employment at the local strip club may come with great bene's.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Talk about taking the parent-child bond thing to a whole new level...

Plenty of cray cray happening in the world.

I think I'm finally starting to understand why so many people are wishing for a zombie apocalypse in the hopes of a genocidal 'reboot'.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
I think I'm finally starting to understand why so many people are wishing for a zombie apocalypse in the hopes of a genocidal 'reboot'.

It's coming. Our meeting with the Queen about her Georgia Guidestones went well.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Let me know right before it kicks off.

I'm still hunting around for a good sale on Twinkies (those suckers last forever)... if need be, I'll fork out the full price if I run out of time.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

My own conditioned ick factor aside, I get really upset when I see consenting adults being legislated with regards to their own bodies. It's like sex work, as far as I'm concerned; there shouldn't be somebody else deciding what people do with each other!

Going to jail over sharing a bed with another adult who wants to share it with you? Now that is sick and twisted.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

This woman is the biological mother of the 2 children she has married. She gave them u for adoption and then later reconnected with them.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
a reply to: diggindirt

This woman is the biological mother of the 2 children she has married. She gave them u for adoption and then later reconnected with them.

Puts a whole new spin on cradle robbing.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's pretty creepy no matter the background, that's for sure.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

There it is ... I've been waiting for the "two consenting adults who don't intend to breed" argument.

Damn, it took me like three paragraphs to say the same thing you did in one sentence. Anyway, you know somebody had to be the first to ask the question.

So, without resorting to emotional arguments, how would you answer the question?

Did not come from a conservative ladies and gentlemen. And I've not seen it from one in all my time here.

I agree that you will never see a conservative ask a question like this. Only a free-thinking non-conservative who is not encumbered by superstitions dictated by bronze-age camel-mounted goat-herders could even conceive of asking it.

To seek true enlightenment, one must cast off the bonds of emotion and embrace logic and reason.

-dex

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

Some of us prefer to be human beings and not simply animals who like to rut with anything that makes us horny. I get the idea that some folks feel like we should get it on with whatever floats our boat, but sex is not the be-all and end-all of life.

You guys are like gluttons who can't stop eating and resent it when someone tells you perhaps you should control your appetites.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Some of us prefer to be human beings and not simply animals who like to rut with anything that makes us horny. I get the idea that some folks feel like we should get it on with whatever floats our boat, but sex is not the be-all and end-all of life.

I wouldn't go quite that far. I think that requiring all parties to be sentient and capable of making an informed decision is a requirement. Anyone or anything that doesn't meet those basic requirements could potentially be emotionally or physically damaged. Thus, there is a logical basis for those "morals" and laws preventing the innocent from being harmed.

Otherwise, I see no harm in allowing people the freedom to do with their bodies whatever they wish. Their body, their temple, their right. Looking at it from a legal minimalist perspective, as long as the actions of an individual, or group of individuals, doesn't adversely affect the larger community in an existential way, then there is no reason to legislate it. I believe that is one of the fundamentals of libertarianism.

You guys are like gluttons who can't stop eating and resent it when someone tells you perhaps you should control your appetites.

Being upset at the acts of gluttony displayed by someone else is another of those emotional reactions based on societal norms of behavior. Provided the individual is not consuming more than his share of food, and there is a sufficient amount for everyone else, then his overeating hasn't adversely affected anyone else in the group.

So, in your example, the glutton resents being told to control his appetite by someone who is not existentially affected by his actions. In other words, its an emotional reaction in response to an emotional reaction.

I also have to admit that bringing up the notion of "can't stop eating" in the context of this discussion made my mind wander a bit.

-dex

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Morals & ethics of society. On one hand, it's taboo for a reason to marry and/or procreate with your offspring

Would would that reason be?

BUT, and this also touches on morality & ethics, because how does that get discussed socially if it's a mental health problem?

It would be considered that based upon the structure and laws of that society.

America doesn't exactly have a great track record with respectfully discussing mental health, adding incestuous marriage isn't going to make it any easier to take seriously (again, IF there's mental issues)

America doesn't exactly have a great track record for respectfully discussing anything. These matters are taken seriously by the people who are interested in the research. Scholars and Doctors, and anyone else willing to understand it.

The woman obviously had her kids young and lost them young (17 year age diff between her and daughter) One has to wonder how both being a young mother and then not impacted her mental health, and if it had anything to do with marrying her kids.

I get the sense that she was unloved most of her life, and she tried to find it wherever she could. Her mental health raises questions that should be asked.

What is the severity of this event to you?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Not the first time something like this has happened.
These two were arrested as well.

This is also the funniest interview ever.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join