It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vietnam dissident locked in home for protesting Trump

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

We cannot start violently protesting a leader of another country when they come here

The lady had a sign... Paper and ink.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Aye coz the gooberment and current political establishment in control are beautiful people, salt of the Earth really.

As to being in charge, who is that really other than the bankers, financial institutions, and corporations that wag your politicians tail?

Trumps nothing more than a Muppet figurehead really, which does nothing to excuse his megalomaniac rhetoric and outright racist stance.

Personally, i want to sit back and watch it all burn, the only thing with that is that it's our children and future generations that will pay the ultimate price.

No need to worry about me entering into government by way of your "people like you" statement, which could be considered to be rather racist and/or synonymous with your current POTUS, as the only thing i wish to be in control of is my own life.

edit on 12-11-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Fake news is the problem, not Trump calling them on it.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Isn't it more dangerous for a president to use certain branches of the government to go after people who disagree with them ?
Since I saw that Obama was mentioned, didn't he have the IRS go after groups that he didn't like ?
Or is it more dangerous to hold a sign or flip the bird than to have your own country call you a domestic terrorists.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Try to carry a protest sign to show a dislike of a foreign leader in China, Russia, most muslim countries, even in Sweden. If you start protesting against a foreign ally in most EU countries they will also restrain you. Look at the mess they had in Germany with protesters when Trump went there, if it would have been the leaders of France or one of their fellow nations, they would have locked up the protesters. The only reason that Germany let it go on was because it was Trump and they knew that he was going to dismiss the climate program so they let him get protested. I actually lost respect for Germany when they did not break up that protest. Any other ally that was not trump and the protesters would have been in jail. It shows disrespect for the USA when a nation does that. Trump is the president of this country, everyone's president.

If you think that he is not your president than I will say the next Democrat is not my president and so will millions more republicans. I am technically a Democrat, I just believe that Hillary was a bad choice, I would have voted for any other Democratic candidate they had as they had a plan that would bring more manufacturing jobs back to America.
edit on 12-11-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I know a couple of people who were snippy to the cops, when they needed help from the police the police did not help them, except to make out a report.

"Snippy'"?

Is that against the law, or just the uwritten ones? Because thats part of the problem.

Equal rights and all...

Let the criminals and druggies kill each other off.

I actually saw that in practice during my "outdoors" phases, more than a few times.

The cops don't investigate deaths of junkies or prostitutes like other folk. Thats one reason why serial killers go after them, authorities don't care.

Now who's the criminal?

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Well the OP is making this about Vietnam and 1st Amendment - if you'd like to set the narrow parameters of where a discussion should go be my guest

You are still missing the point. Pointing out that attacking the American government for what a private company did has nothing to do with restricting parameters.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

There's a huge difference when the POTUS declares war on the media. He's our President and has taken an oath to protect and defend the constitution of the U.S.. His words have consequences. He's not just some guy off the street sipping a beer at a bar complaining all news is fake.

The president is free to say what he wants, but the president was elected by the people and has a lot of power and influence when he speaks. He has an obligation to the American people to be credible and to back-up his accusations with facts. If the media doesn't call him out on his false allegations, the media is not doing their essential job of checks and balances in a free society. It's what sets our media apart from a state controlled media in dictatorships. This should be a basic understanding by all Americans.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I know a couple of people who were snippy to the cops, when they needed help from the police the police did not help them, except to make out a report.

"Snippy'"?

Is that against the law, or just the uwritten ones? Because thats part of the problem.

Equal rights and all...

Let the criminals and druggies kill each other off.

I actually saw that in practice during my "outdoors" phases, more than a few times.

The cops don't investigate deaths of junkies or prostitutes like other folk. Thats one reason why serial killers go after them, authorities don't care.

Now who's the criminal?

Snippy....if you do not give them respect they are not obligated to give you respect. If they did they would have to be nice to criminals as the criminals were shooting at them. They do not need to get permission from someone with a gun to shoot them. Police can arrest a person for many things, throwing them into the legal system. I know quite a few people who got a break then kept doing the same thing, thinking that they would let them get away with it with a couple of days in jail again. The third strike they were out, in prison for almost a year or sitting in jail for six months.

I see some problems in society, the parents get a lawyer for their kid when they do something wrong and the kid goes without getting punished. The young adult has developed a you can't touch me, I will lawyer up attitude and the crimes they do get worse and worse and their attitudes get worse. I have friends and relatives that have bailed their kids out and had this happen. They did not do their kid a favor by getting them off. I talk to these people, they agree they messed up, actually they are the ones who figured out what went wrong most times, I just pass the info along to those who want to listen.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

We cannot start violently protesting a leader of another country when they come here

The lady had a sign... Paper and ink.

I had the same though. Hard to believe people are starting to see things in this light.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Wait. You mean rights carry responsibilities?
The highest office in the land carries heavy responsibilities?
Since when?

edit on 11/12/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Snippy....if you do not give them respect they are not obligated to give you respect. If they did they would have to be nice to criminals as the criminals were shooting at them. They do not need to get permission from someone with a gun to shoot them.

"Snippy" is not the same as armed and dangerous. Not fair, you moved the goal posts.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

If someone starts mocking you and says you can't do anything to me, go take a flying jump off a cliff....Are you going to help them when they need help? Why do you expect the cops to help you if you bash them? Why do you think the government will help you if you keep protesting? Protesting is a tool used to make the government aware of injustices or wrongdoings that are happening, not to show your dislike of a person. Protests should be civil and challenge a law or policy that is not right, you do not attack a person or even an agency in a protest, you are supposed to use debating practices to show how you feel it should be done.

We do not know what that sign said, if it was saying things that bashed Trump than it is not a protest sign, it is a hate sign. You can protest against policy, not type hate on a sign directly attacking a person to be a proper protest.

If I went down and started protesting Walmart, I better make sure the information on that sign is true or Walmart can sue me and charge me with slander. The rules of this site actually apply to protests, you need to focus on a practice or policy or it just becomes a riot.

That is what we were taught in High school government class back in the seventies, these clarifications were worked out in the sixties pretty much. The people protesting in the sixties mostly attacked policy but sometimes these protests wound up causing riots. Most Hippies did it right, not all, but the majority. The racial riots were chaos and hate driven, most were not protests, they were riots.

edit on 12-11-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

If someone starts mocking you and says you can't do anything to me, go take a flying jump off a cliff....Are you going to help them when they need help?

Yes, depending. If they want me to move their furniture, no. If they are suddenly in a life threatening situation and I'm an
on duty cop , thats my job.

If I'm so callous as to become selective which citizens I protect and not because of how I feel about them, then I'm a criminal too.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

My understanding is that Police are there to serve and protect the public and uphold the law of the land.

As to the feelings of the public towards them? That should be neither here nor there and in no way influence them performing their job.

Stands to reason really, because anything else, amounts to a form of favoritism which is not how laws function at all.
edit on 13-11-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Wait. You mean rights carry responsibilities?
The highest office in the land carries heavy responsibilities?
Since when?

Hasnt been that way since at least kennedy. And keeps getting worse with every new administration. Politicians are not responsible for gheir actions and the public doesnt hold them accountable because we keep putting them in office.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

If someone starts mocking you and says you can't do anything to me, go take a flying jump off a cliff....Are you going to help them when they need help?

Yes, depending. If they want me to move their furniture, no. If they are suddenly in a life threatening situation and I'm an

If I'm so callous as to become selective which citizens I protect and not because of how I feel about them, then I'm a criminal too.

No but i do think cops can become numb to a situation. They have seen it play out so many times that they assume guilt. Sadly its human nature we learn from experience.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

What about if you are a cop and that guy is speeding two miles over the speed limit. Are you going to give him a ticket? Sure, in situations where the guy is in serious danger, you should help if you are a cop. But gang memberss shooting it out where there aren't innocent people in jeopardy, there will be less to bother good people if they kill each other off.

The first word "yes" was a twisted answer. From watching your posts and threads for many years, I do not believe you are telling the truth with that general word.. First of all, you wouldn't put yourself into that kind of job where you would have to help someone who would bash you. I have to admit though, I am the same way, I would never take a job as a cop or a prison guard, it would either make me crazy or it would make me into an a-hole who slammed people around. It is better not to put myself into that position.
edit on 13-11-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

First of all, you wouldn't put yourself into that kind of job where you would have to help someone who would bash you.

Because today the job of Peace officer, doesn't exist.

But some still carry the torch. Look at this troopers reactions to every insult, offense, and disrespect short of actual physical contact.

You aren't offended by a little vulgar language are you?

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

First of all, you wouldn't put yourself into that kind of job where you would have to help someone who would bash you.

Because today the job of Peace officer, doesn't exist.

But some still carry the torch. Look at this troopers reactions to every insult, offense, and disrespect short of actual physical contact.

You aren't offended by a little vulgar language are you?

Neither of us could put up with someone verbally abusing us. I do know some cops that are great cops but even they will issue a ticket if you are not respectful of them. When the cop comes to the door if I get pulled over, I as him/her politely if I did something wrong. I get pulled over for a taillight out occasionally or for swerving around a pothole in the road. I get warnings because I am polite. If I do get a ticket, I do not start arguing, I will go to court and try to argue the dispute with the magistrate, not the cop who could write another ticket for something else on the spot.

I am never rude to the police, I have seen many people hauled off to the police station for insulting the cops over the years. Many being maybe twenty to thirty. Mostly for being drunk and arguing.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join