It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you think it's ok to accept that women are incapable of standing up for themselves?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Apparently women are not being taught by their fathers to stand up for themselves anymore. I remember my grandmother sticking up for herself all the time. She came from a time period when women weren't allowed to drive. The taught herself how to drive at 26 when her husband got sick and she knew how to stand up for herself. I watched her put her foot down with people all the time.

So wouldn't the true feminist thing and the most empowering thing for women to do is actually stand up for themselves even if it means fighting in these situations instead of teaching them they are incapable of doing so?

I have done jiu jitsu with women for years and most of the purple belts+ would dominate the majority of you men in a hand to hand combat situation and you wouldn't even be able to fight back you would be clueless.

So obviously women are capable of defending themselves and they she be confident enough to stick up for themselves.

So why isn't that a topic of conversation?

Why are women suppose to be so weak and unable to put their foot down and standup for themselves??

edit on 11-11-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Why are women suppose to be so weak and unable to put their foot down and standup for themselves??

Seems that more and more they are learning to do so.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

but shouldn't that be the expectation?

shouldn't the feminist be angry when they play the victim in situations where they could have easily put a stop to it like with Lious CK? If he asks you and you say yes what the hell!!

Say no!

Lious CK is still a scumbag that doesn't change that but damn stand up for yourself!

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

If he asks you and you say yes what the hell!!

Are the ones who said yes the ones who are talking?

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I think this is steadily changing, although i know plenty of fellas who will not stand up for themselves.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Most women can stand up for themselves. There are some that are meek and they do need a guy to stand up for them and protect them. Even those who can stand up for themselves do need our help sometimes. Just don't try to break up a cat fight when they are drunk, the scratches you get from both of them hurt for a long time.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

hey - let me re-write that for you :

" it is ok to accept that a certain percentage of < insert ANY demographic you want > are incapable of standing up for themselves

there thats both realstic and avoids attempting to be-little an entire demographic

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

edit on 11/11/2017 by angeldoll because: screw it

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I don't know about in general, but I know for a fact women really are incapable of standing up for themselves once alcohol has entered their blood. Once a woman has alcohol, she is open for business to the first man she sees as hot. And then the following morning she will claim she was assaulted. That just proves women should not drink alcohol.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Once a woman has alcohol, she is open for business to the first man she sees as hot.

This should generate some interesting replies.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Once a woman has alcohol, she is open for business to the first man she sees as hot.

This should generate some interesting replies.

Quick! Someone popcorn gif me!

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Good. You usually got something clever and witty, wheres it at? Cough it up!

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Nope, I agree with you. If it weren't for my world famous Roofietini I would never have seen any action.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I don't know about in general, but I know for a fact women really are incapable of standing up for themselves once alcohol has entered their blood. Once a woman has alcohol, she is open for business to the first man she sees as hot. And then the following morning she will claim she was assaulted. That just proves women should not drink alcohol.

You're a retarded person

😁

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
sorry, was one thread full of assholes defending sexual assault and pretending to be confused about 'what women want' not enough, or do you just need an extra helping of attention today?

gross.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Doesn't necessarily have to be hot, more "available/interested". All humans are programmed to procreate. The sober female is culturally expected to keep that hidden and alcohol is known to lower inhibitions.
All males are culturally expected to be ready and willing at every time and in every situation.
So the female tends to be ashamed after the act, while the male runs around roaring and boasting.
I hope that explains a bit why that's happening.
Sorry if that happened to you. It's society who's to blame.

You know that's an untrue generalisation?
edit on 11-11-2017 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
One old timer told me, "If it bleeds seven days out of the month, something is definitely wrong with it." (Quoting Him)

You know, "Hell hath no furry..."

Cleopatra

Helen of Troy

Monica Lewinsky
edit on 11-11-2017 by hiddenlight because: Old Wise Saying

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
You're a retarded person

😁

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I'm not sure, but at the rate women are working "their mojo" all the "men of the planet" will be "spade and neutered" in no time. No offense to you married guys(you chopped off your own nuts).

But hey, leave it to men to build it up and women to tear it down.

It's history...just saying.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I had no idea ATS was so replete with (presumably) men who are afraid of women. Weird.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join