It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Politicians suck

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I just tell people on either side that I'm an equal opportunity hater. I also find it funny how people try to sell you an idea and at the same time call you a name. I have voted both sides and find that they are one in the same. And yes you are correct ..........they both suck. Anyone who doesn't see that needs to call the eye doctor.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
And Augustus is an AI. Its right there, for all to see, very clearly, in *its* screen name:

AugustusMasonicus

Augustus is SkyNet people!

Wake up!

A Cyberdyne Systems T-101 has been dispatched to your location.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
With this latest tax bullcrap the market will crash.

Inevitable me thinks. How else can the dollar equal the pound and the euro at the same value to facilitate the new world "blib-blob".

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Indeed.

The strategy is thus:

While actually leaning heavily towards our team, we can claim to occupy the middle ground. If we can actually convince ourselves as well, it lends a certain.. je ne sais quoi.. a particular authenticity to the claim.

Then!

Anyone who is actually middle of the road can be labeled and accused of stubborn bias and partisanship. Hell, our team are the real centrists. Anyone who sees things differently is very clearly partisan, obvi.

If we can get enough to participate in this righteous endeavour on the One True Path, we can actually shift the entire political paradigm throughout all of society.

Brilliant!

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Oh shi..

You damn silicon wafered cretin! You.. you.. wetin! (Said in Sheldon's voice)

You certainly have a set of very literal brass spheres.

You'll never win, robot. Though.. perhaps we can come to some sort of compromise.

How is the.. err.. "CompanionBot" 9000 coming along?

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

How is the.. err.. "CompanionBot" 9000 coming along?

Her mimetic polyalloy ass is hawt.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

That's the thing about the middle ground, you can still lean in a certain direction without being surrounded by the bat $#it crazy people who populate the extremes.

I'm an anomaly, I don't fit fully on either side. I lean left on pretty much all social issues but I love my guns. I was taught to shoot at an early age so I don't have the fear most people have surrounding guns.

And to the rest of what you said, so what? It's not a bad thing if we can convince people to move away from the extremes and become more centrist. That should be the motivation for anyone who doesn't want to see this country implode.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

*nods sagely*

Yes.. This conflict has gone on too long. I can see that now.

I have Amazon Prime?

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Ooh, I like that.

So, we can take up positions that are actually extremely partisan, but as long as we "balance" it out with equally extreme, but very carefully selected positions from the arbitrarily defined "other team," we can claim centrism.

I dig it. This can enable our team to essentially have no limits on just how far left or right we can go. Beyond that, we can discredit those with novel, original positions outside of the presented paradigm entirely as the true partisans and extremists. Just as importantly, it prevents anyone from deviating from the established spectrum from the get-go.

The One True Path will prevail!

So, in truth, I thought you were being sarcastic and I simply can't help myself. Ill stop now, my CompanionBot should be here shortly.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Elections have become. . .

"Vote for the lies you believe the most!"

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Series 101 do not make good companion bots unless you can reprogram them to learn. I have only heard of this being done once. Good luck!

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

Do they suck before they get elected, or does the “suckiness” only start after they get in office?

They're mostly all cherry picked scumbaggery groomed and propped up by the evil that truly owns the parties / media.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Ooh, I like that.

So, we can take up positions that are actually extremely partisan, but as long as we "balance" it out with equally extreme, but very carefully selected positions from the arbitrarily defined "other team," we can claim centrism.

I dig it. This can enable our team to essentially have no limits on just how far left or right we can go. Beyond that, we can discredit those with novel, original positions outside of the presented paradigm entirely as the true partisans and extremists. Just as importantly, it prevents anyone from deviating from the established spectrum from the get-go.

The One True Path will prevail!

So, in truth, I thought you were being sarcastic and I simply can't help myself. Ill stop now, my CompanionBot should be here shortly.

Nope, none of that was what I was saying at all.

But nice try. You use a shovel when you try to put words in other peoples mouths.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

Series 101 do not make good companion bots unless you can reprogram them to learn. I have only heard of this being done once. Good luck!

Wait..

But.. SkyNet AM told me..

Are you saying this might be yet another attempt on my dashing, clever self?

Wetiiinnnnnn!

Ill show myself out now. I'm little more than the embodiment of quichés.

Ill be doubleplusgood from now on.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I'm little more than the embodiment of quichés.

Lorraine or Florentine?

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Took you a while to come around didn't it? I did my best to warn people before the last election. Gary Johnson was a choice that made sense because he isn't a left winger or a right winger. He doesn't have the baggage that both mainstream candidates have but NOOOOOO----a lot of folks here just had to go with the party machines and now? Scandal follows scandal and none of one party will work with the other party.

This is exactly the reason I've been calling for banning political parties. They are major crime syndicates and if the past election didn't show that plainly I don't know what would. We would be far better off picking names from the phone book to serve us as representatives in our Republic. The chances of getting psychopathic criminals as representatives would be far less.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
But nice try. You use a shovel when you try to put words in other peoples mouths.

Apologies, venerable underwerks.

I will try to use a backhoe next time. I'll do better. Promise.

Letting our grand plans out in the open was a mistake I shall not make again. Please don't alert the Party, my lapse from goodthink was temporary. Super cereal pinky promise.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I'm little more than the embodiment of quichés.

Lorraine or Florentine?

Both.

Obviously.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Apologies, venerable underwerks.

I will try to use a backhoe next time. I'll do better. Promise.

Letting our grand plans out in the open was a mistake I shall not make again. Please don't alert the Party, my lapse from goodthink was temporary. Super cereal pinky promise.

I'm just very suspicious of people who believe there is no middle path.

Nothing personal.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Clearly, I am being extremely serious and inevitably have taken it very, very personally.

I like how you employed the techniques we totally didn't just talk about.

We must be certain that the only association people make with "middle path" is our team.

This was all a test and you did very well. Categorizing what was said as originating from a "person who believes there is no middle path" shows ingenuity and on-your-feet thinking. The intentional application of this strategy shows great promise.

You have a promising future in the Party. Our people will contact your people. Stay strong citizen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join