It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HUGE Russian Bear

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Good morning, afternoon & evening to you all!

So, to kickstart it off, I’ve juat been scrolling through Facebook and came across a page called 4x4 Outlaws.

They recently posted a few pictures, some of them that I can’t post on here due to them being graphic images, but I will try to post the photos of the creature it’s self.

Basic rundown;

A giant bear has been killed in Russia apparently after mauling a few hikers, it doesn’t say how much it weighs or the size of it but you can tell from
The photos alone that it has to be a record size, either that or I’m just not clued up enough!

Just Incase the photos don’t upload, here is the link to the page on Facebook!
www.facebook.com...

Attempting to post the photos from my IPhone now, let me know if it goes up!

What are everyone’s thoughts on this? The thing looks huge!

EDIT: Thanks everyone for pointin out the little bits, I didn’t properly study the photos because I’m currently sat on night shift, but thought I’d share them with the community anyways! If anyone wants to shift this to the Hoax section, please do so.

Hope you all have a lovely evening, and to those just joining us now, have a browse! Definitely worth a look regardless where it’s from etc!
edit on 10-11-2017 by UfoRevealer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: UfoRevealer

Too late I clicked.
No mention of a source for this on the FB page. That's suspicious.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Yeah, I noticed that too. It’s a bit strange to say the least but the bear photos to look real enough!

What a size if it is the case of it being real, im going to do a bit digging on google since it’s quiet on shift!
a reply to: Caver78

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

This pic was taken from the FB page given as OP's source.
It looks to have been boosted off a youtube video here from 2011.
www.youtube.com...

I'm gonna call this a fake. Flagged ya anyways for trying!

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

The picture was dated well over a year ago, and the comments in the photo indicate its a well documented photo shop case.

Sorry to be a buzzkill... I got caught up in the excitement for a minute myself.

See, the bottom right, dated 6/3/16? Something doesn't add up here... One says Russia, while the other says Alberta???

edit on 10-11-2017 by ttobban because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
'Mauled the hikers'?

More like 'ate most of them'.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Actual story of the bear.

Story includes pics of deceased bear, so fair warning!
www.blackbearheaven.com...

Pretty sure the dead hikers on the FB page were made up, an couldn't find any Russian news about it either.
I hate slow shifts! Feel for ya!!

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Timothy Treadwell is real. He and his girlfriend were eaten one night
in Alaska while he camped near them. Bears are curious because they
are intelligent.

A bear cub could fit into his hand, and their paws are so small like a thumb.
But the little cub claws at things, those claw unlike the cat or dog, are
curved and have a sharp point.

files.abovetopsecret.com...
bear paw

edit on 10-11-2017 by ThatHappened because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Shouldn't this thread be renamed "pretty big Canadian bear?"

Shame that such a magnificent critter didn't get to live all his days and avoid being a stuffed testament to a small penis.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatHappened
Timothy Treadwell is real. He and his girlfriend were eaten one night
in Alaska while he camped near them. Bears are curious because they
are intelligent.

A bear cub could fit into his hand, and their paws are so small like a thumb.
But the little cub claws at things, those claw unlike the cat or dog, are
curved and have a sharp point.

files.abovetopsecret.com...
bear paw

Treadwell forgot Grizzlies are wild animals, he was warned repeatedly he was risking his life sure enough he paid the price.

A COMPLETELY different topic than a photo-shopped and faked story on 4x4's FB page alleging a Russian Bear that killed hikers but is actually a bear from Alberta Canada killed during a legal hunt.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
Shouldn't this thread be renamed "pretty big Canadian bear?"

Shame that such a magnificent critter didn't get to live all his days and avoid being a stuffed testament to a small penis.

If you read the article I posted the bear was elderly.
Broken and badly healed jaw.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
ha this made me think about the movie Against a Crooked Sky

the drunk prospector ( Richard Boone) charcters name was Russian, one scene riding in the desert he's drunk and singing,

Russian: [singing] I killed a b'ar, over thar. I didn't really do it, I was drunk.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Is it possible to link to a different site?

Some of us don’t have FB & would rather avoid that medium altogether.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Thanks man, appreciate it!

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I haven’t been able to find any other sources but by the looks of things someone’s posted a YouTube video above with a snippet of it on there, will update if I find anything g else buddy! a reply to: CheckPointCharlie

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Haha, only 5 hours to go for me now mate!

Thanks for the link though, I’ll have a browse of that now and see what’s happening! a reply to: Caver78

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Caver78They had some pretty gory pictures of ripped up people on that facebook page too. Supposedly they were supposed to be the hikers.

Is it real? I haven't a clue. A big bear like that could exist, but that does not mean it is real.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

That explains my first reply...too late I clicked on it. Bit gruesome.

I agree there are probably some record sized bears running around we haven't met yet. Polar Bears an Grizzlies have already had a few offspring as well so I'm ready to be "shock & awed".

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

No problem an you're halfway outta there!
So all good all around!

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
a reply to: rickymouse

That explains my first reply...too late I clicked on it. Bit gruesome.

I agree there are probably some record sized bears running around we haven't met yet. Polar Bears an Grizzlies have already had a few offspring as well so I'm ready to be "shock & awed".

I have seen pictures of a huge bear shot around here in the thirties or forties. I wouldn't want to run into one of those in the woods. Now Grizzlies get really big, black bears are usually a little smaller, that is really big for a blackbear. The one I saw pictures of up here was about eleven feet tall when it was hanging like it would be standing upright. But it was way skinnier than the bear in that picture on the thread. I never paid attention to paw size on that picture.

A deer standing up can be very tall, I hung a ten pointer in my garage and it was ten feet to the ceiling and it's nose was touching the rafter and it's feet were hanging on the ground. That was a big deer.

I was telling a bear not to eat out of the feeder at a friends neighbors house and it came across the yard and stood up and looked at me and was talking. I moved behind the truck and explained the neighbor would call the cops if it kept trashing their bird feeder, my friends were peeking out of the garage door when it came towards me. They thought I was nuts for telling the bear to go back in the woods. It stood about eight feet tall, maybe close to five hundred pounds. Quite a nice looking bear. It went back after chatting a while and I walked across the street and told it again not to tear at the woman's bird feeders. It got kind of disappointed and start walking away and the neighbor next to her sigged their dog after it. The dog was a beagle and about fifteen years old with an arthritis like walk but it was slowly walking along barking. I was afraid that old beagle was going to trip on something and hurt himself, I guess the guy who owned it was not thinking, the dog might have had a heart attack if it walked any faster.

I have run into bears in the woods before, they usually do not want to hurt you. But sometimes they do get sort of crabby crazy and attack people. There was research that said a mother with cubs is not more dangerous. I think that guy writing the article was delusional. If you appear to be a threat to her cubs, she will attack. Usually she is more interested in getting her cubs out of there, and they are like little kids, they don't listen well. Being a parent I could see the disappointment in the eyes of one we had here, she was giving us that embarrassed look as her cubs would not listen to her and I would swear she looked back at us and rolled her eyes like she was pissed at her kids. The one tried climbing the oak tree next to our house, then she got that down and the other cub climbed an oak about twenty feet from the house. She got that down after about five minutes and the other cub had disappeared. My wife was trying to get the cats rounded up, they were like wet noodles, the cubs were probably trying to harrass them. Someone had a rock band at their house about half a mile away, where the bears usually live. I guess they do not like rock and roll.

Sorry for being off topic.

<<   2 >>

join