It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is a wave of Republicans leaving Congress

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

As long as they don't go promising free college and fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage which even I as a liberal and Democrat think is preposterous I think they will do ok. "I'm not trump" just isn't going to to cut it and it doesn't cut it with me.

I voted for Ralph Northam on Tuesday.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Perhaps more significantly, Republicans entered Election Day with a 17-seat margin in the state assembly and lost at least 13, with seven seats too close to call this morning.” (By midday Wednesday, Democrats had won 15 of those seats, including 11 by women candidates.)

so, in the state where we had a bunch of predominantly white men march through carrying torches and yelling "You will not replace us" it seems that the voters replaced alot of white men in the legislative branched.
across the nation the anti-lbgt was replaced by a trans, the sexist was replaced by a women who was put down in a council meeting for being too emotional, when she and other women expressed their displeasure in his online post. and minority groups won...
maybe the message sent was that yes, we can replace you rather easily.

one of those who have decided to leave instead of fight represents my area.. it kind of saddens me really because overall I kind of like the guy. but I guess he felt he wouldn't have been able to win the primary in today's current atmosphere in the republican party. too bad because if whoever does get the nomination embraces that trump/banning philosophy, I think the dems are gonna be winning big!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
All part of the plan, the lunatics have taken the Republican party.

In between the Teabaggers & Bannons "civil war" with the Christo-facist in the back ground no decent fair-minded Republican moderate stands a chance in their current circus of the absurd.

Buckle up America we're living in "interesting times".

The far-right’s 50-year project to transform American values with a clandestine ‘counterrevolution’
www.rawstory.com...

Of course we now see what they value, as they embrace white supremacy, sexual degradation, wage slavery & ecological suicide.

K~

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Before you go tripping all over your democratic zeal, I don't think you're going to get the responses you had hoped for here on this thread. You certainly won't from me. You see, for many of us on the right the only thing less palatable than the left is career politicians and wolves in sheep's clothing. Because to them the colors red and blue hold no meaning, and to many not even the colors red, white and blue matter. The entitled "establishment" government must banished forever more, and these people represent the "swamp" Trump has repeatedly referred to.

These politicians who are leaving are cowards whom are only interested in themselves, not the American people. They lack the conviction and moral standing to serve anyone but themselves.

Good riddance, I say!

edit...Oh, and unlike the left, we judge politicians by actual actions and deeds...not just words and color-identity.

edit on 11/11/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
All part of the plan, the lunatics have taken the Republican party.

In between the Teabaggers & Bannons "civil war" with the Christo-facist in the back ground no decent fair-minded Republican moderate stands a chance in their current circus of the absurd.

Buckle up America we're living in "interesting times".

The far-right’s 50-year project to transform American values with a clandestine ‘counterrevolution’
www.rawstory.com...

Of course we now see what they value, as they embrace white supremacy, sexual degradation, wage slavery & ecological suicide.

K~

Man, You are gonna LOVE generation Z

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

The Zombie Generation.

K~

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
What counts as moderate these days?

I wonder if we can create a moderate policy of finding out who the gun owners and supporters are. Since those people don’t deserve to live, the sooner we find them the better.

I mean it’s just a common sense, moderate position to take. What with the recent shootings anyone left supporting these death tools doesn’t deserve to live, in my opinion.

O say can you see, by the dawn’s early light,
What so proudly we hail’d at the twilight’s last gleaming,
Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight
O’er the ramparts we watch’d were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket’s red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there,
O say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore dimly seen through the mists of the deep
Where the foe’s haughty host in dread silence reposes,
What is that which the breeze, o’er the towering steep,
As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
Now it catches the gleam of the morning’s first beam,
In full glory reflected now shines in the stream,
’Tis the star-spangled banner—O long may it wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore,
That the havoc of war and the battle’s confusion
A home and a Country should leave us no more?
Their blood has wash’d out their foul footstep’s pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

O thus be it ever when freemen shall stand
Between their lov’d home and the war’s desolation!
Blest with vict’ry and peace may the heav’n rescued land
Praise the power that hath made and preserv’d us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto – “In God is our trust,”
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O’er the land of the free......... and the home of the brave.

edit on 11-11-2017 by madenusa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join