It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is a wave of Republicans leaving Congress

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
There is a wave of Republicans leaving Congress. This is very good news for Democrats. It isn't all good though, as some of these are the more moderate right wingers that are now almost extinct in our government. If Republican keep these seats there could be even more extreme right wing lunatics in congress, but most likely that won't happen. This taken with this week's elections are looking good for democrats, hopefully they don't mess it up by running extremists or extreme platforms. They say the new governor of Virginia is a moderate, maybe that's why he won?

www.cnn.com...
edit on 10-11-2017 by CB328 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Swamp is self-draining !!

tik tik tik tik tik tik

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yes, this is good news. About time!

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Nothing really changed. Democrats, Republicans are all the same to me. It will be news if both Democrats and Republicans dissolve and new and better parties replace them.
edit on 11/10/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Nothing really changed. Democrats, Republicans are all the same to me. It will be news if both Democrats and Republicans dissolve and new and better parties replace them.

They ARE all the same, for everybody who is willing to see and accept: It´s OBVISIOUSLY a one party dictatorship of the rich that disguises itself as a freedom loving democracy, or republic, or whatever it calls itself.

In Germany it´s the same, they act as if they were different parties with different goals but only work for the moneyed aristocracy and not for the people!

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

There is a wave of Republicans leaving Congress. This is very good news for Democrats.

*channeling the ghosts of past ATS members*

Who gives a s*** about Republicans or Democrats. Stop thinking like a slave that is convinced they're free.

edit on 10-11-2017 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
As the Mueller investigation continues, expect even more Republicans to bail.

www.rawstory.com...
edit on 10-11-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
When both parties are no more and people have their rights back and live without the tyranny of governmental rule over them, then it'll be a day worth celebrating.

To me, this is just the other side of a two faced coin. We're no better off, no matter what you tell yourself about "your side".

ooooh! The Dems are going to take over... Tell me again how that's going to be any different? How is it better? Honestly...

edit on 10-11-2017 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Republican policies and conservatives philosophy are horrible. The two together make a feudal society.

What we have in US is economic tyranny by corporations.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

It isn't all good though, as some of these are the more moderate right wingers that are now almost extinct in our government. If Republican keep these seats there could be even more extreme right wing lunatics in congress

Actually, I think that is quite likely. The more fringe elements of the Republican party tend to be the ones most involved in the primary process. That's how a lot of these far right Tea Party types got in to begin with.

There are some places in the US where it would be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than to elect a Democrat. I wouldn't necessarily count on too many of those seats to switch parties.

-dex

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
What counts as moderate these days?

I wonder if we can create a moderate policy of finding out who the gun owners and supporters are. Since those people don’t deserve to live, the sooner we find them the better.

I mean it’s just a common sense, moderate position to take. What with the recent shootings anyone left supporting these death tools doesn’t deserve to live, in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Our elected leaders on a global scale are extremists.

The left and right that you guys play reminds me of the saying, " heads I win, tails you lose "

Wanna make a bet with me now, I will supply the coin, so heads or tails ?

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I mean it’s just a common sense, moderate position to take. What with the recent shootings anyone left supporting these death tools doesn’t deserve to live, in my opinion.

And that is exactly why they are needed.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

I'm just trying to speak a language the OP understands.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I notice you always use CNN as your reference,when you use them it discounts anything you have to say,have you bothered to read any statistics?,where are the numbers and facts?,they don't exist,see why no one takes you liberals seriously,you make things up to whine about

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   
It's not good if they're being replaced by a radicalized Christian version of ISIS, hell-bent on turning the USA into a corporate theocracy.

A Handmaid's Tale was supposed to be a warning, not a how-to manual.

Sometimes, with some people, I wonder if they view that book/series as a masterpiece and example of "the good life". That's terrifying and something a real American should never want to see become a reality.
edit on 11-11-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Good, now if we can just get more Democrats out of office and some new blood in that have not sold their souls to the RNC/DNC then maybe we can start to fix the many problems in this country.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I think you forgot the

[/sarcasm]

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Republican policies and conservatives philosophy are horrible. The two together make a feudal society.

What we have in US is economic tyranny by corporations.

The Corporate Feudalism we know today started in the 1930s.

It's a result of the Federal Reserve Act and the 16th Amentment.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

We have had two world wars and continuous wars since 1900's. Wars and veterans are very expensive. Maybe we could lower taxes if we stop invading other countries.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join