It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Take the Bible…’: And thus began the worst defense of Roy Moore

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

O'Donnell just did a pretty good discussion on Moore's 'defense'.

posted on Nov, 12 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
‘Take the Bible…’: And thus began the worst defense of Roy Moore

How the hell is that ?

Doesn't it say 'Go forth and multiply' ?

Sure does in Gensis.

So we'll mark you down as in the affirmative for procreating with under-age girls then.

K~

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Update:

50 plus Alabama Pastors have signed a letter supporting Moore.

More than 50 Alabama pastors have signed a letter supporting Republican Senate nominee Roy Moore in the wake of sexual misconduct allegations.

53 pastors sign letter of support for Roy Moore

The full letter is also in the link.

posted on Nov, 13 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
www.businessinsider.com...

Yep. This freak is definitely guilty.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Plot twist: There's more than meets the eye with the letter w/53 Pastor's names supporting Moore. Moore's wife posted it on her Facebook to show that they were supporting her husband, but supposedly the actual letter was from before the allegations came out. At least 2 of them have now asked for their names to be removed.

The link in my previous post has been updated by its writers to reflect this.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

More than that is coming out. Originally, it was a letter written during the primary. Moore copied the letter, and then modified it adding three additional sentences. Since then, now 4 of the Pastors have had their names removed and another quit his job.

Even the evangelical support is starting to evaporate for this guy.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Good. When I'd checked early this morning, it was only 2 from the list.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
thehill.com...

Another one. Paul Ryan joins in the cries calling for Moore to step aside.

Congress is seriously worried if they're willing to give up control of the Senate over this, rather than expel him and appoint another Republican after the election.

Edit: One possible explanation for this behavior is the Republicans are trying to mitigate the damage of their seeming inability to govern. This represents a chance to put Democrats in power somewhere, claim they're obstructing the Republicans from doing anything, and try to run on the offense rather than defense in 2018 in order to claim they need more power in order to do anything.

So for that reason, they'll sacrifice Moore.
edit on 14-11-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Part of it is probably the appearance of the "family values" party taking up for a pedophile molester. They'd have no credibility going after the Bill Clintons, Anthony Weiners, Weinsteins, etc if they turned around and kept defending Republicans that did similar things. Not too long ago, Fox had that big spike in similar cases with O'Reilly, Ailes, Eric Boiling, etc, so the stigma may stick with them if they don't do something.

Then again, a lot of Republicans claimed they wouldn't support Trump after his leaked tapes where he said he'd just walk up to women and kiss them, grab them by the crotch, etc. But that didn't stop them from voting for him and conveniently forgetting it ever happened.
edit on 14-11-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
How can anyone still defend this creep?
edit on 14-11-2017 by Grik123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I don't think they care about that. I was listening to Glenn Beck defend Moore today while in the same sentence attacking Bill Clinton. I heard someone (I think it was Rush) say yesterday that the age difference between this girl and Moore was 16 years while Bill and Monica was 22, so whose the real monster here?

I'm convinced they don't care about family values at all, it's just a talking point to rally the voters.

Edit: Oh, and one more.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...< br />
Looks like these stories go back and have been openly talked about in Moore's hometown for 15-20 years now and maybe even longer than that. So much for the political timing.
edit on 14-11-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Update:

Kayla Moore posts support from 50 pastors; 3 ask for their names to be removed

Not all the pastors said they gave permission for their name to be be used on what appears to be a recycled letter from before the GOP primary, however.

After the letter was published on AL.com, Tijuanna Adetunji of the Fresh Anointing House of Worship in Montgomery, said she was not contacted about the letter and did not give permission for her name to be used.

The letter appears to be a version of one already posted on Moore's campaign website. That letter, posted prior to the primary, contains all the same wording as below but with three extra paragraphs at the top, including a sentence referencing the Aug. 15 vote.

It just goes on like that, pastors saying they either never agreed to it or that they withdrew their endorsements in the last few weeks.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Yeah, perhaps I was giving them too much credit... Ok, maybe the ones with character and/or the ones who are politically savvy actually care about that and are the one denouncing him? The rest are just showing their true despicable characters.

a reply to: links234

My hope is that they all will want their names removed eventually.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Today I got some good old fashioned ACTUAL US Political Madness that isn't just partisanism with slightly less nastiness. So recently Roy Moore was accused of having made sexual advances on a 14 year old girl while in his 30's as an assistant DA. This thread isn't about that though. Not directly at least. This thread is about the bozo politician from Alabama that came to his defense using the Bible. The guy, Jim Zeigler, has some interesting remarks, so I'll post them below and let you guys read them:

“There is nothing to see here,” Alabama State Auditor Jim Ziegler told the Washington Examiner. “The allegations are that a man in his early 30s dated teenage girls. Even the Washington Post report says that he never had sexual intercourse with any of the girls and never attempted sexual intercourse.

Moore never had “sexual intercourse” with the girl. Their relationship “happened almost 40 years ago.” And finally, “Roy Moore fell in love with one of the younger women.”

Moore began dating his wife Kayla around this time, according to Ziegler. “He dated her. He married her, and they’ve been married about 35 years. They’re blessed with a wonderful marriage and his wife Kayla is 14 years younger than Moore.”

Now there is QUITE a bit wrong here since the age of consent in Alabama is 16 and the girl was 14. Moore is also alleged to have removed her clothes and touched her. But following is the coup de grace and what prompted me to write this thread:

“Take the Bible — Zachariah and Elizabeth, for instance. Zachariah was extremely old to marry Elizabeth and they became the parents of John the Baptist,” Ziegler says, choosing his words carefully before invoking Christ. “Also take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus.”

“There’s just nothing immoral or illegal here,” Ziegler concluded. “Maybe just a little bit unusual.”

That's right. It is A-Ok for a 32 year old man to touch a 14 year old girl because 2000 years ago when the Bible happened this stuff happened all the time, including with Mary and Joseph. Um... WOW! Now while it is true that all this stuff happened back then. That was a different time with different customs and not to mention it happened in the Roman Empire. NOT the USA. So while it may have been legal and accepted in Roman times that doesn't give Moore the right or put him in the right for doing it today. So not only is Moore a scumbag, I question the morality of this bozo too. Have we really sunk so low in the partisan war that politicians will defend pedophillia just to stay in power?
Source

Now, let's try to protect children and teens, they are not ready for handling an adult life. These people who think that teenagers are able to consent are fooling themselves because they are into denial.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join