It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 major problems in America and I totally agree with this guy 100%

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I haven't been posting much because I'm getting a degree that is literally sapping all of my mental resources in a technology program and I'm just strait up sick of political discussion and my favorite forums have literally died.

I totally agree with this guy. I've known for years there's real problems in the US socially.

Our society is sick and he's right... you are taught that the problem is with the individual and not society and that's just not right

This guy is totally right. There is an isolationist mentality in America. Selfish greedy corrupt individuals and trust me I have lived in several states east west south and north. People are out for themselves and socializing here BLOWS.

He goes into comparisons of socializing abroad and socializing in the US and how it's MUCH more inclusive abroad. People are less superficial and more inclusive. Sounds great. I want out of this fake country. This video reminds me of something my African friend told me, "Americans are stressed out nonstop".

Dating is miserable for men in America and although I have no problems in this area I totally agree the paradigm blows. Playing game and not being able to be warm and fun with women rather than play a bunch of stupid games is 100% true.

He's so right about women being constantly defensive and unapproachable. I'm fairly attractive and athletic and even I have to deal with this I can't imagine what uglier less attractive men have to deal with.

edit on 9-11-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I'm inclined to wonder if some of the problems we have in America on a maco-social scale are due to our isolationist attitudes.

As an American I cannot say this guy is wrong - many, many Americans are very much focused on what they're doing, going point A to point B, not so much as a word to others except for the superficial greeting and if you see someone you recognize.

It doesn't help that pretty much everyone under 30 has their eyes on their phone or tablets and half of them have headphones in.

There almost appears to be a deliberate effort to see how divided the people of a country can be made...especially with so many divisions that are given such artificially inflated importance.
edit on 9-11-2017 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
We used to have a country where we had strong nationalism. We worked together to build the country up. The new generations are more out for themselves. Our country is in serious jeopardy of crumbling, which means a different government without the rights we now have will take over. I see a society where you are not allowed to voice your opinion if it does not match what the people running the society approves of forming in the future. A dictatorship created by a group of individuals much worse than anything since Hitler.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: coldkidc

we are the epitome of individualism and social isolation, man this guy is speaking to my soul right now

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

let me tell you something the new generations have no choice because of how hard the market is and how isolated everyone is I hate every aspect of and I've known something was wrong since I was a kid

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

honestly I'm just sick of hearing olde people blame young people for the state of this country I really have no patience to discuss that topic with anyone anymore get over it

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   
The isolation has been created by modern technology.

We can all hide behind computer screens and phones, but face to face , that has been on a decline for awhile.

But, it's not like that everywhere.There are places everywhere in rural communities that people engage with one another in an open fashion.
Cities are the root of it and technology.

Myself, I'm an old fart and don't give a crap anymore.

Waiting for Nibiru to come along to reset humanity.

edit on 10-11-2017 by Groot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Groot

I've lived all over the country and I have experienced what he's talking about everywhere.

I've also become friends with many immigrants and they always tend to be way easier to get along with and I've always thought this was weird.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

It's not just an American issue, but it's also a problem in other Western Nations (Don't know about Japan and South Korea).

Another issue is the promotion of degeneracy, just look at this video:

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I have not met a single woman I can be warm and fun with, it's like 200 cases of head games and crazy psycho crap all in a miserable row. And you know what, I'm so stubborn about it. I refuse to play any games at all and always, I mean always, be myself. And they always, and I mean always, reject the hell out of me extremely quickly.

As a scientific exploration, I will delay being myself for a few days just to see. They will be totally cool with me and want to play sick mind games (like psychotic sick, warped stuff), and then I just start being myself (warm, funny, intelligent) and they get rid of me near-instantly. It's because I'm not into games and I am a very interesting intelligent person worth having deep conversations with - a HUGE turn off apparently.

Also, about people being isolationist and incapable of having a truly open socialization paradigm, he's right about that too. I personally have a strange dichotomy on this, because on the one hand I am the ultimate isolationist generally and just spend 90% of my time avoiding everyone I know and being by myself.

I avoid people because they have so many diverse psychological problems OR are just unbelievably boring, usually they are just a bit too crazy for me to deal with. I'm a super relaxed chilled out type that focuses on deep conversations and intellectual pursuits, so therefore almost everyone is incompatible because they are watch sports - drink all the time - know it all yet know nothing types. Or they are religious/political fanatics that absolutely refuse to question their beliefs, or they are 100% focused on their career and money, or bla bla bla.

About the isolationism, people are way into cliques. If you aren't in that clique it is extremely hard to get into it without being a manipulator / mind controller type or a super adaptoid type that literally mirrors their symbiotic host. If you are an individual person that prefers to be yourself and refuses to conform to those 2 roles, than you will discover quickly that there is no clique built for you and that you just don't fit in and that you probably don't want to fit in either because this crap is crazy and if you did meld into a clique you'd spend all your free time wasting it doing the quirky meaningless stuff they like wasting their money on.

Now don't get me wrong on this, it's complicated. I'm complicated in my isolationist tendencies. I know over like 200 people here in Nashville that I talk to on a regular basis, and I get along with them very well. I meet new people all the time as well, and I get along with them. But that's because I'm a great communicator and I know how to talk to people and entertain myself while keeping them engaged in conversation about anything at random. But to me, I'm being fake mostly. It takes a long time for me to slowly open their minds to the world outside of their box, whatever it may be.

I've tried meeting with and dating hundreds of women. But not only have I not even got to 1st base with a single one, I've refused to even try to bunt the ball with most of them. Like right now, I made some mistakes and I have this totally insane psychotic woman harassing me and being a complete lunatic. She claims she loves me but she won't stop being insane for 1 minute to have a decent conversation. She's not interested in a single thing about me. She gets super upset that I "avoid her" and all this. Well I avoid her because she's always freaking out, stressing out, and just being intolerable with constant nagging negativity and endless problems combined with a fanatical devotion to refusing to do anything constructive at all to deal with those problems. In fact it's so bad, she claims all this negativity, all her bad traits, all her immaturities and her reasoning for making bad choices - aren't mistakes or something to improve and grow from - but are instead her defining personality markers whereby she identifies with the world via. (Examples: "I am a vengeful person that holds grudges, that's just WHO I AM!" and similar psychotic unreasonable irrational gibberish that is just downright frightening).

Do you understand why I'm totally not trying to meet or date women now? Although yes, I am attracted to women very strongly, I cannot help but clash with them on nearly every level immediately anytime I try to just be myself and not be fake. Which is ironic because they all loathe "men being fake and playing games all the time", because I swear it's actually them who are fake and play games constantly. I just want to be my witty funny hyper intellectual self and teach and grow and learn and share and also, worst of all, I am artistic and romantic - kryptonite to whatever the hell these creatures we call Americans are.

I wish I had cool friends and a hot girlfriend, but I am painfully aware that I don't need that if I have to downgrade myself and relegate myself to this petty bs or to being a completely boring lifeless drone. Screw that, I'm gonna be me take it or leave it. Don't care. I keep busy and enjoy myself.

I actually have to push people away and avoid them because for some reason they want to stick to me like glue (usually) thinking I'll want to hang out all the time when I really honestly don't. Most of them just want to drink all the time and focus entirely on small-talk, both of which are kryptonite to me.

Of course I'm being a little dramatic about it for effect and to underline the point but yeah, these are my thoughts on the situation and my general complaints.

Don't get me wrong, I am a social animal, I need some form of interaction and understanding with other humans on a daily basis. I regret that I can only tolerate 30minutes or so of that. I lament it. But it seems that most people are so psychologically damaged and or on the flip side, express no personality at all, that I can't justify pursuing a situation where I just deal with their crap constantly. I rarely meet anyone that is interested in actual self-development, willing to learn from their mistakes and seek growth, interested in a wide variety of intellectual topics with an open yet skeptical mind, etc.

Look, I am not a Stoic type, I'm the complete opposite in reality. But these people are so screwed up that I am a freaking Stoic nearly all the time. An isolationist Stoic. And though I'm usually a very serious person, I feel like the best way to relate to others is to just joke a lot and make them laugh or to make critical commentary that piques their personal political flavor or whatever. It's all fake. I'm fake everyone's fake.

You know what, I just want to focus on my writing and other personal stuff. Chain smoking cigs while contemplating the universe, or something productive like this...

End Rant

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Don't you ever, EVER, post that sex junk crap again.
EVER!!!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

wow, we live in idiocracy

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

It's basically one of the reasons why I believe we need to retain some traditional values in the West.

In fact someone said he would rather live under an Islamic Caliphate than to see our society fall into degeneracy.

The biggest mistake the regressive leftists did is saying all traditional values are bad and removing them.

And just letting you know that's only the beginning because the worse is yet to come......
edit on 11/10/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I hear you man, I can't stand playing games with women either, the whole I can't just approach you and have a simple enjoyable conversation thing, like, "Hey how are you?"

They instantly become bored with a simple introduction I have to resort to retarded game playing like, "wow where did you get those shoes from?" while making a weird face like I disprove. Such a stupid fricken game I can't stand it and I only ever do it when I desperately need to get laid because like you I am 100% fed up with dating. It's nowhere near worth it.

I have friends all over the country but damn when I go out I don't even try to get real friendly with people anymore. I just gave up and said # it. That's why I'm very happy they are legalizing maryjane.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
It's like you guys are discovering neoliberalism for the 1st time, with its cortège of advertisement, bullsh!t wars, constant msm bashing, exacerbated individualism, modern slavery, mental illnesses, pesticides, frustration, fear and so on, and what these things can do to a human mind.

You might want to read this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... , maybe you will find some clues.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
sounds like you guys are just really bad at talking and you only notice when you're trying to get laid :/

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Where I live in LA, girls find me too "old fashioned."

I'm the type that likes to talk to the girl with various topics (movies, philosophy,history etc.) and have a candle light dinner with her and there's not too many girls like that here.

I find it more enjoyable to do that. Sex is great and all but there's more to life than just sex.

It sucks though there's not to many girls like that here.
edit on 11/10/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

But, it's not like that everywhere.There are places everywhere in rural communities that people engage with one another in an open fashion.
Cities are the root of it and technology.

That is so not true.
Well, half not true.

Sure people out in the country wanna sit around and talk all day, but it's usually about nothing and it's a huge waste of time. They aren't more interesting than city people and if you dare try to be interesting you will likely get ridiculed and possibly threatened for daring to say/think something that contravenes their extremely picky and unforgiving illogical belief systems. Same as in the city basically, it's totally randomized.

I don't criticize people or talk crap on their ideas to their face. I play along, and just look for the right moment to escape. I will try 1 time (maybe 2) to broach an intellectual challenge with someone, and once I realize they are "set in their ways and won't consider alternative views", I'll not even bother sneaking it in again.

What you just said is a perfect example of what I'm talking about here, you ended your post with this:
"Waiting for Nibiru to come along to reset humanity."

I have met so many people who actually honestly believe in this Nibiru thing. You'd think that after 20 years we'd have come up with at least 1 hard piece of evidence or at least a viable explanation that can survive some basic questioning right? Well no, we haven't. It's become a highly touchy religious belief. If I dare question Nibiru than I must suck and be a small minded bigot right?

Look I'm open to good evidence and even just good explanations if evidence isn't available, but I haven't seen anything in 20 years of encountering this belief everywhere I turn. I don't even really care that people believe in this blindly, I can tolerate that to a large degree. I won't even criticize it to your face, I'll sneakily change the subject immediately. It's like fanatical religion though - you think you have good reasons to believe in it, but not a single one of those can even pass my basic skepticism (and I'm by no means a hard skeptic to convince), and there certainly isn't any "evidence" that amounts to anything especially convincing.

That's why Nibiru is a purely religious opinion. Because the fact I question it honestly and geniunely am curious to know if it's real, is offensive and upsetting to it's adherents. I'm not going to call you names or insult you for believing in it, but I know you almost certainly will get really mad and call me names for questioning it directly. If we could have a legitimate conversation where we both honestly investigated the idea together and looked for evidence and were reasonable in our skeptical approach, that'd be fine, I'd enjoy such an exercise.

But to cling onto an idea that's at best - theoretical - and interpret as this super fact that is indisputable and to actually get mad at someone who isn't so convinced? It's a huge turn off. Why would I wanna hang out with people like this that get mad over trivial bs? I'm not a mad person, I rarely ever get mad and when I do I try to be respectful about it still. People are just immature and ignorant, and don't want to better themselves, I guess.

This same exact problem happens with just about everyone at some point, whether it's Republican or Democrat, Mandela Effect theology or someone who refuses to even consider anything weird at all, everyone seems to be an extremist. Why can't people be middle ground and just think about stuff and consider things from an agnostic perspective anymore? Religion is like this too, people believe in these weird little things as their central defining concepts and push them really hard yet when questioned get offended. Especially if you point out it's not even in their religious text and try to read them a little history tidbit that explains where their misinterpretation originated from.

There comes a point where I just gotta accept the fact I'm gonna die alone and that isn't so bad. It's not the nightmare I used to think it was. I can embrace this alone thing. I don't have to walk on eggshells around everyone's weird little BS beliefs or pretend to be interested in their sports teams or put up with their raunchy behaviors. FINE.

I wish it wasn't like this. I wish I could find someone like myself that I could identify with and really build a relationship with. I wish I could just be chill and speak my mind without fearing a volcano erupting.

All I'm saying is that "people in the country are relatable" is bogus. It doesn't matter where they live really, they're gonna be too stubborn to consider the possibility they may have it wrong. I understand it's challenging to face one's self, but if I can do it than I at least expect a 10% effort from others.

I know I'm not perfect, and I don't try to be. I just want people to be reasonable and to actually want to at least try to have fun thinking about the Universe without getting so upset about things possibly not matching up with their preconceptions 100% perfectly.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
sounds like you guys are just really bad at talking and you only notice when you're trying to get laid :/

Although I have a 1000 very powerful criticisms for you and all your flaws, I will avoid that and respond to what you said specifically.

Is everything about getting laid to you? Is that the entire object of life?

It sounds to me like you're the manipulator / mind control type that bases your entire mental functions in life around getting laid. Everything is designed to work around the prospect and to get her panties off. I'd bet this mentality often leads to drinking problems and bouts of self-pity and depression (because that kinda life theology is very limited and degrades over time in it's practical usefulness).

I don't formulate my talking points on trying to get laid, I actually formulate them based off ideas and reality and stuff. I'm not going to become a manipulator mind control type and sacrifice my morals and ethics just for 1 night of fun.

I wanna be sincere and honest and myself, because I'm looking or a lifelong spouse.

From the way you talk, I'd suggest why bother even talking to women when you can just go to the red light and pick up a lady for 100$ ? She don't care what you say or think, so long as you pay the fee. And if you just discard women as playthings why not just pay for it, you can avoid all the games and crap and have no strings attached tomorrow.

That's just not for me though. It's cool if that's for you, enjoy buddy.
One thing tho - don't ever come crying to me drunk outta your mind one day because you're so miserable.
Because I don't really care. You make your own choices.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Maybe it is not fair and in a perfect world perhaps I could supply a better answer. But women can't have it both ways when it comes to being free sexual beings that behave and wear provocative clothing whilst simultaneously expecting the males of the species to be repressed and treat them respectfully and value them for things other than the sexuality they are flaunting. We tried this already in the sixties and it essentially led to a serial killer epidemic where women were being viciously slaughtered. And I fear we may be revisiting that era soon. Some of these elements may have even played a role in a few of the spree shootings as we've seen in the case of Elliot Rodger, for example.

I know people are going to be screaming about blaming the victim, but there is a cause and effect element here that is not being addressed. For the record, even as a teenager I have despised how my fellows males behaved toward females. It is reprehensible. And I'm also not saying I expect everyone to live as prudes. We just seriously need to exercise more individual responsibility by all parties.
edit on 10-11-2017 by sooth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join