It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are Threads in The Mud Pit Allowed To Be in Top Spot on ATS?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
For i don't know how long there has been, and still is a mud pit thread based on nothing but a false premise made by the op, yet it is the top thread on ATS. You want to talk about "tainting the image of ATS", when ATS has as it's number 1 thread a thread that is "fake news"?...

This is also not the first time this has happened. Yet several threads have made it to the top of ATS' threads where the op doesn't even have to be factual, or present any real evidence and can be a rant about anything and everything, and can even be invented by the op.

How come?...
edit on 9-11-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

You make fake threads all the time, why are so worried if others do?

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

This is also not the first time this has happened. Yet several threads have made it to the top of ATS' threads where the op doesn't even have to be factual, or present any real evidence and can be a rant about anything and everything, and can even be invented by the op.

It's reflective of the users of ATS (supposedly). User generated content and the stars/flags represent those either in agreement or agreement of good content.

It's of no concern to this user how many stars/flags the content gets, what is troubling is the picking and choosing of factual information. Even the outright dismissal of those facts to 'win' an argument.

I guess what it boils down to is that we all take the good with the bad.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You make fake threads all the time, why are so worried if others do?

i don't make fake threads all the time... Not to mention that even officially ATS has made some fake threads as well with a left-wing bias...

If I am not sure about a thread I make it clear that I wasn't sure about it, and have even specified that more evidence should be found out...

There has been at least one thread I wrote which was "labeled as fake' yet later on I wrote another thread with more evidence that supported my argument.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
It's reflective of the users of ATS (supposedly). User generated content and the stars/flags represent those either in agreement or agreement of good content.

How is it "good content" when the premise of that thread in particular is false?

As i said, that's not the only one. Another similar thread about "Russian Collusion" which was based on false claims from CrowdStrike, made it to the top of ATS when there is evidence that Crowstrike has made false claims regarding another similar subject, and Crowdstrike also blamed the Russians for it. Yet the Ukrainians themselves reported this was false, alongside the sources used by Crowdstrike who also reported the claims of Crowdstrike were false. (i am talking about the claim from Crowdstrike that the Russians took out the majority of artillery units from Ukraine with an app that was a virus, and this was proved to be false)

If anything is tainting the image of ATS is the fact that threads with no factual evidence can make it to the top.

edit on 9-11-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

How is it "good content" when the premise of that thread in particular is false?

Perception and subjective based on the user clicking the icon. Facts need not apply for some folks, apparently.

If anything is tainting the image of ATS is the fact that threads with no factual evidence can make it to the top.

Since it is user generated content and 'voting' it's up to the community to acknowledge it. I don't think ATS should be censoring anything. However I wouldn't be opposed to a mod interjection post that highlights blatant false information.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

So then i guess ATS should be considered another tabloid, because that's what threads with no factual evidence are.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Ats is a fringe site, surely you understand that the majority of the world's population look at the site and think " wow what a bunch of crackpots ".

All sorts of rubbish is peddled here constantly, I came looking for truth but am now here for the entertainment.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Well, it is user generated content. A forum. Fully public in the views expressed. Perhaps it's a monetary gain to be tabloidesque.

I didn't join here for that, and I'm sure others didn't either. Until something is done from the top, it is what it is.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

What is happening is the quiet minority on the left, especially those that share the sentiments of said OP -- regardless of it being true or not -- is showing their support and trying to reclaim the site from the so-called right.

At least that's how it looks to me, and I would even go as far as assuming OP gets PM's of encouragement to continue.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
/looks at this thread

/looks at OP's last thread

/leaves

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
/looks at this thread

/looks at OP's last thread

/leaves

/Look at member's last thread "Trump Found in Dog's Ear"

/says bye bye to member.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I have been a member of ATS on and off since 2004. ATS used to have a higher quality in the threads made. It was a requirement for factual information to exist for threads to make it to the top. But since the "witch hunt" on the members leaning to the right started, the forums have become more a left-wing tabloid and that is a shame. Members are even allowed these days to make false claims about other members. This used to be frowned upon.
edit on 10-11-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Maybe I hallucinated the multitude of threads that occupied the top spot with nothing more than assumptions about the Clintons and Obama.

At least the OP in question had the integrity to put their thread where it belongs, in the mud pit. And not try to pass it off under Political Madness or another forum just to give it a fake air of legitimacy.

Can't say that for everyone.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I've lurked for many years before signing up and I agree. The most important things were facts and getting to them.

This is not then however and where it's going is not going to be good in the end. It's going to be and has been a great ride!

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
How do you see this "Top Spot" on ATS? I log in, hit the "Recent" button, look for something interesting, and away we go.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

ATS home page or 'top" button.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
/Look at member's last thread "Trump Found in Dog's Ear"

/says bye bye to member.

at least mine was meant as a joke... yours is one of the unintentional ones

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

at least mine was meant as a joke... yours is one of the unintentional ones

"unintentional one"?... i am still waiting for any factual evidence, claims are no evidence, that the right was behind this when NAMBLA and BAMN members have done similar stings to this one as they try to normalize their far left-agendas and infiltrate those agendas in regular left-wing protests. Again, no factual evidence has been provided, only claims and assumptions that "it must have been the right", when it could have been members of NAMBLA who did this. The worse part, which no one in the left who responded even acknowledged, is the fact that Newsweek and other left-wing groups went so far as to defend NAMBLA/pedophiles in their blind attempts to pin this on the right.

edit on 10-11-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: carewemust

ATS home page or 'top" button.

Thanks! I didn't know that page existed. ElectricUniverse is right. Three of the top Four headlines are MudPit threads. Is this the ATS that visitors who happen upon the site first see?

A visitor tonight would think that ATS is a Trump-hater discussion forum. May be completely different tomorrow. I'll stick with the "Recent" button after every login.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join