It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MAGA Make Ats Great Again

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
We can do this people but it is going to take a bit of work. I think it will be worth the effort and if enough of us can come together and do what needs to be done the world can be a better place.

But we all need to take a step back for a moment, each and every one of us needs to take a deep breath and take a moment to think about who and what we are and what we really want out of life.

Politics is an important part of everybodys life but we need to understand that it is just one part of life and not the whole. The left right divide in all nations is out of control and it is slowly destroying us. We are all different but also the same yet the media and politicians of the world are driving ever increasing wedges between us all to the point where we will argue with our fellow man not because we disagree but because they identify with am opposing political party.

But enough about politics lets look at how we can make ATS great again.

Some of us could start by stopping moaning about the fact that things ar not how they used to be, time moves on and things evolve and we need to evolve with them.

Some of us as mentioned above need to let it go and leave our political views at the door when entering into a debate that does not need a political viewpoint.

Some of us need to to respect the views and opinions of others a whole lot more and realise that cheap shots and easy star one liners may be fun but they do nothing to help us understand or come together in a way that can make the world a better place.

ATS can be whatever you want it to be. If you want it to be a place where you can bring new ideas or discover them, explore new possibilities or find like minded folks to expand your understanding of the world then make it happen. Start a thread or dig up an old one and lets look at it again with fresh eyes, speak your mind and do not be afraid that others may not agree with you but above all just be respectful of others and remember that just because anothers opinion differs to yours does not make it wrong.

TLDR:

Stop bickering and lets talk like adults.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Amen.

-Alee

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Some of us as mentioned above need to let it go and leave our political views at the door when entering into a debate that does not need a political viewpoint.

AMEN!

I applaud you!

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

('Nuff said! But cannot do a one line posts so random words, filler, I like puppies!)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Lol.

I think we should focus on making the world great again instead.
edit on 9-11-2017 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Wishful thinking here. I hope the same.

I'm just sticking to the crypto forums from now on. Everyone in there is pretty amicable.

Just scrolling through the new topics pages depresses me.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Too many dumb asses in the world that cannot take time to understand your message. The perceived world for so many is very narrow in spectrum for both the world they see and the one that is perceived. The internet has became a battleground most are willing to not see and those that do see it are very few... Good luck in your mission, those that are your target audience by default won't even read this thread.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Well said.

A couple of point you posted are absolutely apt.

This happens far too often. It may be a thread about say cars and someone has to bring in some political message that has nothing to do with the topic. Please folks, stop that. As NS pointed out, not everything is about politics.

Some of us need to to respect the views and opinions of others a whole lot more and realise that cheap shots and easy star one liners may be fun but they do nothing to help us understand or come together in a way that can make the world a better place.

Guilty as charged. Something I'll work on.

The one thing that stays in my mind while reading the board is how visitors view the site. There's times that I think, "If I saw this I'd move right along." We aren't doing the membership any favours by posting material that would turn off prospective members. Lord knows what we might be missing.

Damn good thread NS.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Sorry friend, but I've apathetically thrown in the towel and just don't give a damn anymore.

All is lost.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Well said.

A couple of point you posted are absolutely apt.

This happens far too often. It may be a thread about say cars and someone has to bring in some political message that has nothing to do with the topic. Please folks, stop that. As NS pointed out, not everything is about politics.

Guilty as charged. Something I'll work on.

The one thing that stays in my mind while reading the board is how visitors view the site. There's times that I think, "If I saw this I'd move right along." We aren't doing the membership any favours by posting material that would turn off prospective members. Lord knows what we might be missing.

Damn good thread NS.

It is easy to judge others but if you really need to make things better you need to look at yourself first.

It could be said that I wrote this looking not at others but at myself and wanting to see a change.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

Sorry friend, but I've apathetically thrown in the towel and just don't give a damn anymore.

All is lost.

Be the lifeboat

Maybe you can save a few that are floundering, the world needs strong people to lead by example.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I'd just settle for more civility.

Any topic is ok. Any view is ok. But as a forum community, it would be nice to not have nearly every thread brought into the gutter.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

huh?

Why now, just as I was getting acclimated to the New ATS model.

It took a bit of getting used to and growing a thicker skin as a mod suggested but the new freedom to express yourself with profanity and description of bodily fluids is a mighty blow for freedom of expression that was sorely needed, no matter how you slice it.

However...

Don't forget to wash your hands or use a couple of squirts of hand sanitizer jelly goo, and use your sunskreen!!

manus operatorum lavandi sunt

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

But enough about politics lets look at how we can make ATS great again.

Too many snowflakes on here. I agree...the more in depth this site goes into politics the less I am interested in being a member. This is not what I signed up for.

Plus the fact there is just so much negativity and fake news out there it wouldn't come to my surprise ATS would be changed to AFN...ie. Above Fake News

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but at the rate ATS is currently going at, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Especially if nonsensical and over sensationalized emotional projections are what's popular at the moment.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but at the rate ATS is currently going at, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Especially if nonsensical and over sensationalized emotional projections are what's popular at the moment.

But as a relative newcomer can you not take something from the OP and see that you can be part of the change?

link   

Stop bickering and lets talk like adults.

I say that we go one further and actually be adults, not just like adults.

You and I have bickered back and forth numerous, but lately, we have had much better discourse. It's so much nicer, and I appreciate it more than you realize.

Good thread, though, for sure--none of us, including me, are immune to pointless bickering and being disagreeably disagreeable. It's something I'm truly trying to work on, at least with people with whom I think that I will make a difference. There are some who are just too rigid in their ways...

link   
It would be nice if not every topic became a political feud. I don't ever start a thread because there are many ready to tear you up - it happens all the time in every subject. Granted, I have learned to passby certain members who spew the same hate and argue with the same other members. Nothing new is gained by the readers and sure don't need to participate in that.

Of course, as a polysci major, I was told everything is political-but I don't believe each discussion needs to devolve into a hateful rage between the same members.

I applaud your thoughts and will personally try not to fall into the fray of unnecessary political debate.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Haste rarely produces anything of longevity or quality. It is happens slowly, that will be a sign that it might last.

If it doesn't happen, nothing changes...which is still better than not having ATS at all.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

But as a relative newcomer can you not take something from the OP and see that you can be part of the change?

I mean, I understand and agree with your sentiments, but it's just not realistic.

I've been trying to advocate for the same thing for quite some time now and I believe I've done my part to the best of my ability.

1 person can't make a change, it takes the collective. And the collective just isn't ready (read my previous).

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join