It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU warns Brexit talks clock is ticking

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

The reaction of the EU to the democratic decision of our people shows why the decision was the correct one , rather than conduct themselves in a constructive grown up manor they chose threats and tantrums like a child faced with losing it's favourite toy , sadly though it seems we have a leader and government who is not up to the task which is a concern.

I don't see how preparing trade deals to be started after we leave the EU can be illegal , we are trying to negotiate one with the EU so why shouldn't we do likewise with other countries.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

I will wait on all these crashes you are predicting, but honestly nothing as catastrophic as you describe will happen IMO, fear sells better than truth, it was the Brexiters fear which won the initial vote, now the remainers are just trying the same tactics.

The guy on the radio (remainer) was talking about planes grinding to a halt, similar to the Y2K nonsense, and he used the "over night" term A lot, I honestly dont believe there is the ability for anything to fail "over night", I mean cows will still be there

I have a starting position of ALL politicians are in it for themselves untill proved otherwise.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: PainterzAlso we'd have to accept all that lovely chlorine washed Chicken and chemical-filled cheap poisonous food the Americans are just salivating to sell to us.

Er, no that's not correct. US foodstuffs would be subject to whatever rules the UK applies. To be honest, I am interested in welfare and the standards in some EU countries are poor, yet the UK has to deal.

WTO rules would be a catastrophe.

In your own words... Why? Start here

The UK will survive regardless of the deal. The EU is a reducing proportion of world trade and if they want to live in a bubble then that's their funeral. The intransigence of the EU will also create significant economic issues in member states, not that they care. The EU's position is where ideology and spitefulness is trumping the common good.

Danish fishing, as case in point

Its most pessimistic example estimates what would happen if all Danish and other EU vessels were excluded from fishing in the UK-EEZ, with no possibility of keeping any catches. That would decimate landings values by 57% and cut profits by more than three-quarters.

edit on 9/11/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
oops
edit on 9/11/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

While EU officials have warned the UK not to negotiate any bilateral trade agreements outside the EU until after March 29, 2019, Theresa May's government has embarked on various international tours in a bid to lay foundations for future deals.

One country that the UK will want to court, in particular, is China. It has invested some $14 billion (£10.8 billion) in the UK since the start of 2016, according to the American Enterprise Institute and Heritage Foundation.

The 30 best-performing Chinese companies in the UK alone yielded a total of £9.8 billion in revenue and employed over 20,000 people in Britain in 2015, research firm Grant Thornton reported.

Britain has also appeared keen to join China's "One Belt One Road" initiative, which aims to link some 65 countries across Africa, Asia, and Europe through trade and infrastructure.

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

In theory, yes. In reality might the UK overplaying their hand a bit. For the EU it's fine their trade stands, locations change but that's not such a big deal.

In general what works for the goose, works for the gander too??

The UK would have to make new deals with the world in 2 days.
But are (I guess) counting on the inertia of global financial players.

Well the UK will become leaner and keener. ...
They wont have to hang

around for another 26 countries to come to the same agreement.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join