It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The man who wrote the anti-trans bathroom bill just lost to a trans woman

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Abysha

Dunno.

I thought he was a dick for instituting the damn laws to begin with.

But why wouldn't you accuse him of identity politics? When somebody bases their entire political premise and image on hating a particular group, isn't that identity politics?

Why are you trying so hard to be offended?

Sorry but your tone toward DB has been accusatory. It's like you want someone to come in here and offend you so you have a reason to express your righteousness.

We get it.
edit on 8 11 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I was speaking of Trump pushing people who are moderately left and/or sitting on the fence further to the left and into the far left. This sudden influx of people moving left because of Trump's antics will eventually springboard back at Trump and the far right and they (the far right) will eventually be the reason for their own demise.

What used to be a vocal minority is now becoming bigger because of Trump and his antics. I have a feeling it will continue pushing more people to the far left throughout his term(s).

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Gotcha. When I lived in NC I wasn't very involved with the local politics. Just from my observations of the people I lived and worked with though, I was surprised that bathroom bill even passed to be honest. The people were fairly moderate. Sure there were some hardcore conservatives and hardcore progressives, but most people I met were pretty open minded on most issues that came up to discussion.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I was speaking of Trump pushing people who are moderately left and/or sitting on the fence further to the left and into the far left. This sudden influx of people moving left because of Trump's antics will eventually springboard back at Trump and the far right and they (the far right) will eventually be the reason for their own demise.

Where do you live that you actually believe that is happening? In the last year I've met more people who were moderates or even lifelong Democrats that have been pushed right by the far left. They're sick of identity politics and being called racists for not agreeing with every new pet issue.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Arnie123

Momentum is the change of velocity (speed). You don't need velocity initially. Going from 0 velocity to anything greater than 0 is a change in velocity and thus momentum. And this is a change in velocity. The election exceeded the polls and the state legislature flipped to blue, something that hasn't happened since 1989. Watching Republicans like you squirm and deny the coming wave of liberalism is funny. Bout time things started to turn around.

Ironic that the "We're not Trump" tactic is gaining a little traction in contrast to "we're not Clinton" perhaps that why so many Republicans are bailing, retiring or just deciding not to seek reelection; They see the coming wave as well.
Sad that the GOP brought it on themselves thinking they could ride into office on Trumps coattails totally sandbagged by Trumps advocating extreme right wing hateful agendas.

A Trump endorsement is toxic covfefe....

edit on 8-11-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Ill admit I find it amusing.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Another win for the good guys.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Are there not people who are moving further left because of Trump as well?

I know of family members who were never into politics up until this past year or two who have been pushed toward the left because of Trump. I also have family members who have been pushed to the right because of the media.

Fact is it happens both ways but (like krazyshot said) politics is cyclical and the next cycle will be in the favor of Democrats. That's usually how it works, one side pushes hard enough and the other side comes back just as hard.
edit on 11/8/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: olaru12

a reply to: Arnie123

Momentum is the change of velocity (speed). You don't need velocity initially. Going from 0 velocity to anything greater than 0 is a change in velocity and thus momentum. And this is a change in velocity. The election exceeded the polls and the state legislature flipped to blue, something that hasn't happened since 1989. Watching Republicans like you squirm and deny the coming wave of liberalism is funny. Bout time things started to turn around.

Ironic that the "We're not Trump" tactic is gaining a little traction in contrast to "we're not Clinton" perhaps that why so many Republicans are bailing, retiring or just deciding not to seek reelection; They see the coming wave as well.
Sad that the GOP brought it on themselves thinking they could ride into office on Trumps coattails totally sandbagged by Trumps advocating extreme right wing agendas.

Extreme right wing agendas like rounding up gays, deporting all Hispanics and banning all Muslims that never happened?

link   

a reply to: face23785

Are there not people who are moving further left because of Trump as well?

I know of family members who were never into politics up until this past year or two who have been pushed toward the left because of Trump.

I didn't say there weren't. I just said I've met more people who were the opposite. I suggested it may be a difference in locations.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Well a big point is that Trump will throw you under the bus and revoke his support of you no matter if you are an establishment candidate and lose (Luther Strange) or a Trumpet supporter (Gillespie ). Any GOP member thinking about running has to see this and realize that their supposed party leader isn't guaranteed to have their back. The pool of people wanting to run will suffer because of this. Mark my words. Trump doesn't realize that everything he has done involving these elections will have ripple effects. He can't just walk away when things look bad for someone he has decided to support.
edit on 8-11-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

There's always going to be people that move across the spectrum because of who's in power. I honestly don't see some mass exodus from the right to the left, or from the center to the left.

Certainly no more so than there is people being pushed right over the last couple of years.

link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Dunno.

I thought he was a dick for instituting the damn laws to begin with.

But why wouldn't you accuse him of identity politics? When somebody bases their entire political premise and image on hating a particular group, isn't that identity politics?

Why are you trying so hard to be offended?

Sorry but your tone toward DB has been accusatory. It's like you want someone to come in here and offend you so you have a reason to express your righteousness.

We get it.

Not at all. DC can't offend me and he knows it. I know he's a great guy so it's not like I'm attacking his intentions, at all. I was just trying to make a point about the label of "identity politics" and it got blown out of proportion.

In fact, the closest DC gets to offending me is when he thinks I'm accusing him of something he knows I know better than to accuse him of. If that makes sense, lol.

link   

What used to be a vocal minority is now becoming bigger because of Trump and his antics. I have a feeling it will continue pushing more people to the far left throughout his term(s).

Do you have stats on this claim? Anecdotally that is not what I see at all. I do see the left pushing moderates to lunacy, but all I see Trump doing is leading a successful administration.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Templeton

What do you define "success" as? Disaster? Because this administration has been a total disaster so far.
edit on 11/8/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

My mistake.

Speaking of identity politics.

Our nation is where it is because we don't care about policy.

This idea, also, that only one side engages in identity politics is ridiculous. President Trump is as much about identity politics as Hillary Clinton was. At no point during any of the debate did I hear a single policy proposal that wasn't just a platitude to get to the next bit of dirty accusations.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

What do you define "success" as? Disaster? Because this administration has been a total disaster so far.

Surely you can name some of these disasters?

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Success? What success? What long term accomplishments has Trump even achieved outside of nominating a Supreme Court Justice (which out of all honesty is more a task that Congress succeeded in rather than Trump)?

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Success? What success? What long term accomplishments has Trump even achieved outside of nominating a Supreme Court Justice (which out of all honesty is more a task that Congress succeeded in rather than Trump)?

Household income, unemployment, gdp growth, foreign relations, security.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

No stats then?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join