It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northam wins

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
To be fair it didn't really matter. The differences between Northam and Gillespie are negligible. Northam was just missing the borderline racism of Gillespie.

Personally I think the more important race was Roem and Marshall. Not only did the Dem beat the long time incumbent Republican but they were transgender to boot.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Virgnia: Yassssssss! A sweep!

Jill Vogel concedes in LG race: "We didn't win"
Republicans have conceded defeat for the entire ticket in Virginia
— Alex Burns (@alexburnsNYT) November 8, 2017

K~

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Ha ha, he got beat by a girl.

K~

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

It's worth noting just how anti-LGBT Bob Marshall is; he authored Virginia’s 2006 constitutional amendment banning gay marriage. He introduced legislation that would have barred transgender public school students from using the bathroom that best aligns with their gender and required administrators to inform students’ parents within 24 hours if they ask “to be recognized or treated as the opposite sex.” (Other Republicans killed the bill in committee.) He also refused to debate Roem at all.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Both parties win some and lose some. That's why there is no 1 party dictatorship in the US. It is healthy this way.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Of course CNN is spinning this by saying it is big blow to Trump. In other words, to them, there is no democrat platform to any democrat campaign, only to win, and call it a blow to Trump. No other content or platform goals or principles. Typical these days of the democrat party.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Democrats dont seem to understand -

It is not about winning but what you do after you win that matters.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Right, so far the GOP under Trump is doing a kickass job, eh?

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Neither party has exactly been a leader in at least 20 years.

-------------------------------

Sure wish people (not you in particular just in general) would abandon "their team" and instead start voting for people that will do things, I dont know for the people they are elected to represent.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Right, so far the GOP under Trump is doing a kickass job, eh?

Who controls the governorship and legislatures in 30+ states? Who controls 2 out if 3 branches of government?

Yes - a kickass job.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra If think he means actually doing something. Cause even though the GOP has all three nothing seems to get done.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Hmmm,

In Virginia, voters by a 2-1 margin said they were casting their ballot to show opposition to Trump rather than support for him. In New Jersey the margin was 3-1.
t.co... #ElectionDay — ABC News Politics (@ABCPolitics) November 8, 2017

This story is developing…

K~

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Hmmm,

In Virginia, voters by a 2-1 margin said they were casting their ballot to show opposition to Trump rather than support for him. In New Jersey the margin was 3-1.

K~

Translation, a bunch of people who make money off the federal gravy train don't like the idea of losing their meal ticket.

I'm shocked.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Well as a conservative that dislikes the dnc...

I hope these winners do well for the people of the areas they represent.

I may disagree with the on issues, but I want to see all areas of this country do better, so I will be hoping they do well.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Who controls the governorship and legislatures in 30+ states?

No one. Before tonight the GOP had 26 trifectas (governor+both house and senate). After tonight; New Jersey is now fully Democratically controlled, Virginia is still up in the air as of this post (probably won't go fully blue), Washington state is also too early to call for the Democrats but if they win there every state on the West Coast will be fully controlled by Democrats.

Maine voters also approved a measure to expand Medicaid. Democrats have pretty much swept tonight.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It's Ironic that Donald Trump is the best thing that has happened for the democrats in a long long time.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Also, a bunch of Republicans have announced they won't run in 2018- very good news for Democrats.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Hmmm,

K~

Yes, thats how you do it, make decisions based off emotions rather facts. I don't like Trump, so anything he has to do with won't get my vote. Brilliant logic, bunch of sheep.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

All states not included in the 30+ I talked about.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Also, a bunch of Republicans have announced they won't run in 2018- very good news for Democrats.

Yeah the number is up to like 22 now who wont seek reelection.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join