It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Hell is Here' for burning elephants in award-winning photo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

An image of two elephants fleeing a mob that set them on fire in eastern India highlights the ongoing human-elephant conflicts in the region.

The photograph, named “Hell is Here,” was taken by Biplab Hazra and was named the winner of the Sanctuary Wildlife Photography Awards 2017.

The image shows a calf on fire as it and an adult elephant run for their lives — as a crowd of "jeering" people throw "flaming tar balls" and firecrackers at the pair

These are some seriously sick bastards.

Elephants are some of the most gentle and intelligent animals on the planet. I can't imagine the horror they are enduring due to the actions of these ignorant humans.

I am appalled by this behavior.

Source

edit on 2017/11/7 by Metallicus because: Updated to Full Pic

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

That picture wouldn't bother me near as much if it was only the people on fire.

Humans suck

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I understand wild life can be a problem for our species. Especially strong powerful animals like the Elephant or the Jaguar etc....

But what the hell man.

If you have to kill it then kill it, don't torture and burn it what in the faq

-Alee

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Nah, it's the elephants controlling the fire the humans started so they are chasing the humans away.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

Humans suck

Can't agree more.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Monsoon floods these morons in T-Minus 3,2,1.....

Seriously, I don't get how people get a rise out of this type of behavior. Eh, for them being Indian they should know that karma is a mother***ker. They will learn soon enough.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
People in India can be very cruel to the wildlife around them.

I understand that the animals are dangerous too and this leopard killed a girl in the village, but kill the leopard cleanly if you must kill it. Setting it alive to die slowly in agony?!

Africans have the same conflicts and they are far more compassionate.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Wait, I thought they worship elephants there?!?

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I hope everyone that had a part of this gets their balls stopped on!

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
People in India can be very cruel to the wildlife around them.

I understand that the animals are dangerous too and this leopard killed a girl in the village, but kill the leopard cleanly if you must kill it. Setting it alive to die slowly in agony?!

Africans have the same conflicts and they are far more compassionate.

Right... this is where I may drift from popular opinion but....

If an animal harmed my child, i'd kill it to. But not like that. They are just animals they don't understand us like we understand each other. They are just doing what they do.

If my dog ever decides to lose her # and training and mauls or kills my child or anyone elses, I already know that I will cry, give her a kiss on her head, walk her out back, and put a bullet in between her eyes, so that she goes quickly and painlessly. Shes an animal, she wouldn't understand torture.

But if a human ever took my only child from me or was terrorizing my village and killing animals and people, yeah I can't say I'd have a problem with them being tortured. Especially if it was my kid, but humans vs animals is different for me, and that's where I may stray from the pack here but that's how i feel.

-Alee

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

I'm not saying they are out of bounds to kill it, but they had it caged. Nothing prevented them from killing it cleanly. Burning it alive is not a clean death.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Sorry for the short outburst post but .....

F**K people !!

maybe the god/s should have given the planet to the animals to begin with.

It's pictures like these that make me want to just start hunting humans in those places. SMFH

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I'm not saying they are out of bounds to kill it, but they had it caged. Nothing prevented them from killing it cleanly. Burning it alive is not a clean death.

I am not judging these people because I live in a country where we are pretty much safe and we are civilized enough not to behave this way.......

Oh well, just gonna sit back and scratch my head trying to figure out why we want to welcome this type of "Diversity" into our way of life and attempting to be civilized.......

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

That's a mama and her baby. The sex, age don't matter - all animal life is precious and we are their stewards. But to inflict the type of horror on this mama and her calf when there is a bond that surpasses human understanding, and surely the rest of the herd is aware - this is beyond cruel. This is pure evil.

I have been absent from ATS for some type due to the overwhelming depressive, hateful and utter defeating nature of the news, etc lately.

This world is simply unbearable.

Thanks for sharing so we are now aware and can put our energy into the world and not allow such evil to hide.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Exactly, that was so unnecessary and sad

-Alee

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

That picture is very telling.

What is humanity.

Thankfully we have some wonderful humans as well.

My day is now tainted, the perpetrators need to be brought to heel.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
And people have the audacity to question why I am a vegetarian.....

Humans really are POS..

RA

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I have no words really.

I probably would have shot all of them or hunted them down through out the day.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

Humans suck

Your family and loved ones are human. So, by your statement I guess its safe to you are OK with them being burnt alive?

I swear some people just don't think before they speak.
edit on 7-11-2017 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Not much difference between what these idiots are doing and what the hunters do everyday here in the US.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join