It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say hi to the Z-20, the so-called Copyhawk, being tested in Tibet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The Chinese have been working on their equivalent of the Blackhawk, a medium lift helicopter, and it looks so much like the Blackhawk folks have been calling it the Copyhawk. Mthr images showed originally a while back, but the Chinese have been photographed with the Z-20 in Tibet. If this is going along the lines of the J-20, then we ought to expect the helicopter will enter IOC very soon.

china-defense.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Plagiarism is the highest form of flattery?

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Who wouldn't copy? Now release that USS Enterprise and let China copy it too. There is not enough Enterprises.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I've never understood why people bash and claim the Chinese copy things.

I would eat my shoes/underwear if a single component or part were interchangeable with a US built Blackhawk.

So if there are no parts that were copied/fit or are compatible how is it a copy? Sure they look the same but looks don't mean squat.

They still had to do all the R&D, they still had to designed everything from the ground up test it, create avionics software etc.

Any thoughts? Genuinely curious.
edit on 7-11-2017 by E92M3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: E92M3

Form follows function. However, this one is really close externally.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Grab a 3D file of one online,scale it to full size then slice and dice to do the details..Imagine a 100 Chinese engineers all sitting at desks with pirated CAD and 3d software..

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

They have a history. There's a story from years ago from when Boeing sold them a couple 727s. Supposedly during a visit they rather proudly showed off one that hadn't been bought through Boeing.

More recently, Russia has complained about the J-15 and J-16. I think it was them, but it's going from memory. Personally, it makes a hell of a lot more sense if you're trying to become a powerhouse. It shaves decades off development times.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

It's literally written into the Chinese Economic Plan to "acquire" foreign trade secrets and use them for their own national benefit through what is called "national technology transfer centers". So yeah, they copy everything they can get their hands on.
Once the final product is built, there are going to be differences. They have different manufacturing standards and techniques but it started out as something someone else built.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
curved backbone effect...I like

hey that flapper on the back looks like a cheap panel with hinges I would screw gun onto the rear end temporary.....I swear

it's composite sure....but I think the vendor for that made em in his garage

edit on 8-11-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-11-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I prefer HackHawk.........

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
well if like most Chinese copied junk won't make many missions. probably be in the hanger most of the time

that's the thing with Chinese junk, looks fairly good and close to the real thing. but doesn't hold up.
willing to bet that is the same in their military equipment. first off their specs and standards aren't really all that tight. sorta hit and miss. maybe over time when they find problems they can work them out, but for the first few years well....

off subject, speaking of that it reminds me of a manufacturer of air compressors that i was a service center for when i had my shop. they moved one of their plants down to Mexico. almost immediately they started having high numbers of failures on the pumps that came from that plant.

engineers went to the plant, and found that the employees who were assembling the crank and piston rods when putting them on didn't go down right would take a hammer and beat them down, instead of turning the around so that they fit properly.

wonder if that happens in china.
edit on 16-10-2019 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Should have sold it to them since the US are replacing it!

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

MAY end up replacing it. This is the US Army and the US Army has pretty much fscked up ever new procurement for almost 20 years.

posted on Apr, 6 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Where did the black hawk get ALL it's parts from??? Are you sure nothing manufactured in China...

Tires look simple enough to switch

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Stealthy Copyhawk.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

I'd hate to see those rotors start turning. Gonna make a mess.

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Called a choppah for a reason.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join