It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unhinged Teacher Threatens Student With Bullet to the Head

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Reportedly the teacher was upset that as he was drawing on the board, students were laughing. Welcome to high school. Kids being disruptive clowns in school classrooms is something I think most of us have had some first hand experience with. Based on how the teacher responded to the situation, it's self-evident that at the very least, he's not emotionally fit for the classroom.

Video shows teacher threatening ‘to put a bullet’ in student’s head

A Rockdale County teacher is on administrative leave after he was caught on camera during class threatening to “put a bullet” in a student’s head.

Carr posted video of the threat online and Hagan can be heard clearly saying: “You screw with me you’re going to be in big ass trouble. Don’t smile at me, man. That’s how people like you get shot. I got a bet. I bet by the time you’re 21 somebody’s going to put a bullet in your head. OK. And it might be me the one who does it.” Hagan apologized to the 11th grader after the comments, but Carr said she wants him fired and charges filed.

Here's the video from YouTube:

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Reportedly the teacher was upset that as he was drawing on the board, students were laughing. Welcome to high school. Kids being disruptive clowns in school classrooms is something I think most of us have had some first hand experience with. Based on how the teacher responded to the situation, it's self-evident that at the very least, he's not emotionally fit for the classroom.

With all the crap students are being taught now days in school you might as well be putting a bullet in their head. Children are cry babies and safe space SJW snowflakes these days. With all the participation medals and constant coddling these kids are no where prepared for the real world. They are set up to fail by the education system from day one.

This teacher needs to be fired for their comments, threats as well as the slow death of the young mind.....

edit on Tue Nov 7 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed quote Quote Crash Course

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Well I guess that's one way to throw away a career and pension.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I grew up being told by my teachers the only place I would ever end up is a Federal Penitentiary, and that learning for me is a waste of time.

Glad to see they've calmed down a bit.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I agree that this is inappropriate behaviour by the teacher.

I say firing him is proper. Not sure if charges can be filed for a terroristic threat or much of anything else though.

America has a extremely serious problem with its education system.
edit on 7-11-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: cynicalheathen
Well I guess that's one way to throw away a career and pension.

Only if that teacher isn't tenured...If that's the case the teacher could actually put a bullet in the kids head and would only be suspended with pay while they investigate....Don't you know tenured teachers these days CANNOT be fired!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Well, you know, kids these days need to be threatened more. Look at what's happened to them: as soon as they made corporal punishment illegal, kids started getting depressed so bad they had to be medicated. So, when you act up in class, expect the teacher to speak his or her mind. As for the teacher, the kids will take that threat seriously if you don't sound like Foghorn Leghorn when you talk.

"Boy, ah say boy! You know what ah say you know what happens when you get shot in the head? Ya turn up ah say ya turn up so dumb a sack uh wet mice ud outscoure ya on the SAT.

Turn up. Turnip. Ya get it boy? I made a funny!

Boy's about as sharp as a bowlin' bawl.

Now, look heeah! We gonna learn about Pythagoras and how ah say how he invented the triangle and how he keelt a rival for tryin to ah say for tryin to steal his triangles."

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Good grief. You would think an adult would have better sense.

But I went to read the comments in the video and saw this:

"When I was in high school, I had Mr. Hagan for two years and was a member of the science club he started. He has always been forward and blunt with people, especially when they act up in class. This was another incident of that. He was not "threatening" the student, he was being blunt. Act the way you act in his class? Yeah, getting shot would be a high probability in real life with the way the world is now. There was absolutely no malicious intent in what he said. Mr. Hagan is the ONLY teacher in the Rockdale County School system that gives a damn about his students. He went out of his way to help every single student he could have, including me. He was the only one that genuinely, truly cared. While every other teacher is there just for a paycheck, he's there because he WANTS to help and to teach. His lessons and lectures, almost three years later, still stick with me and help guide me in life. You don't want your child's teacher going off like that? Teach your kid to behave in class and learn rather than treat school as a joke. Mr. Hagan is the best teacher I've ever had and unless he does something that is actually problematic, I stand behind him 100%."

So there's that.
edit on Tue Nov 7 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: ADDED EX TAGS IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Annnd, should this loser be able to own a gun..I say no, he just threw away his right.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Haha, most everyone knows some teacher like that from school years. They all look the same.

Authoritarian , rule of law, pride and arrogance, how dare they be interrupted and teased by kids (like what did you become a teacher for?)

We had this history 'teacher' who played like this, one day lost it and pushed a desk hard into a girl in the front row.

Last day on the job.

How the kids feel about control freak teachers in here...

***language warning***

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Good grief. You would think an adult would have better sense.

But I went to read the comments in the video and saw this:

"When I was in high school, I had Mr. Hagan for two years and was a member of the science club he started. He has always been forward and blunt with people, especially when they act up in class. This was another incident of that. He was not "threatening" the student, he was being blunt. Act the way you act in his class? Yeah, getting shot would be a high probability in real life with the way the world is now. There was absolutely no malicious intent in what he said. Mr. Hagan is the ONLY teacher in the Rockdale County School system that gives a damn about his students. He went out of his way to help every single student he could have, including me. He was the only one that genuinely, truly cared. While every other teacher is there just for a paycheck, he's there because he WANTS to help and to teach. His lessons and lectures, almost three years later, still stick with me and help guide me in life. You don't want your child's teacher going off like that? Teach your kid to behave in class and learn rather than treat school as a joke. Mr. Hagan is the best teacher I've ever had and unless he does something that is actually problematic, I stand behind him 100%."

So there's that.

And I could find many thousands of people who fervently supported Hitler during his reign. Comments in his favor don't make his outburst right. I understand the threat of a zero tolerance system, in that it might find everyone unfit, but I don't think that's the case here. There're enough teachers who won't resort to threatening violence on another student when they're frustrated. If he can't act professionally under pressure, he's unfit to be a teacher.
edit on 11/7/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I had a HS principle pull a gun on me once in his office before a month long suspension.

It wasnt loaded but he wanted to impress on me how dangerous weapons are in real life.

My friend was jumped the week before at knife point so I had a knife in my bag. Got caught and the rest was history.

I left that school that year.

Its odd that this teacher didnt have a filter or the common sense to collect all phones before saying what he did.

I actually understand his stance. People like these kids get shot for lesser things in the real world. Its a valid value check.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

You get that the teacher said he might be the one to do it? ..put a bullet in his head.
Not a freaking "value check"

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
bahhh

In Junior High we used to get both physically and verbally assaulted by our principal..

He was a good guy. But he was big Scotsman with a short fuse

....kids used to get strapped there as well...but that was before my time (thankfully)

edit on 7-11-2017 by Tucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

That part was a bit much. He didnt mean it as a threat, he was probably still talking street and it slipped out.

Its not right and I get that parents are mad. I would be too. From this vantage point though I see it for what it is. The teacher made a mistake, not an actual threat of death.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Frankly, I tend to agree with you.

Personally, I know I would never utter such a thing. But I also know that some people sometimes do dumb things. Maybe it's time for him to look for something else to do...or at least take a break.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
To be fair though, these kids were probably working this teacher for atleast months...

I could personally write a book with all the times teachers were violent or made aggressive threats towards me back in my school days. Obviously when it happend I'd always act all victimized and be like "what'd I do?"

But truth be told, I knew damn well I'd been purposely chipping away at them for months or even years, purely for my own personal amusment of seeing that 'melt down' moment, which I quickly worked out was always inevitable, given enough time and patients.

What can I say, I hated school and being told what to do....

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
IDK, there's a lack of information to jump to conclusions. Maybe the teacher was out of the code of conduct (If I were him, I would talk to the student after the class, not during the educational process, at least), but at the same time that student may have had the best advice in his entire life. And as far as I can understand the student's apply to fire the teacher is a cheap shot. IMO, he definitely not feels threatened or something like that.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

The only reason I passed math 11 was because our math teacher had a nervous breakdown. Thankfully it wasn't my class that was responsible. Kids can be dicks.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Annnd, should this loser be able to own a gun..I say no, he just threw away his right.

But he's just a kid in 11th grade! Let's give him some time to be more obedient.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join